Players 2,533 428
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,205,930 810
Generated 653,745 96
Captured 1,186,876 59
Bred 6,365,217 655
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Games, Contests, and Giveaways > Delphiniums On Parade!
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
SpaceElf1
Level 75
Ghost Writer
Threads: 669
Posted: 7/1/2015 at 10:06 PM Post #1
This is a two-part contest. You can enter both parts or just one.

I've noticed that most players are naming their Delphinium Bouquet Zolnixies. As most of you know, I am a huge advocate of naming pets. This contest is all about Delphinium Zolnixi names.

Contest, Part 1.

Step 1. Parade your named Delphinium Zolnxies. It doesn't matter if they are Tagged or Purebred. Post images (and links, if you can) to your named Delphinium Zolnixies and state each Nixi's name. If you want to, explain why your Delph Nixi has her/his particular name.

Step 2. Regardless of whether you posted any Delph Nixies or not, look at everybody else's named Nixes and post about the names you like best. Be sure to ping the Nixi's owner when you are praising the choice of name.

Contest, Part 2.

Step 1. Parade your un-named Delphinium Zolnixies. As above, except post your Nixies that you wish you had good names for.

Step 2. Regardless of whether you posted any Delph Nixies or not, look at everybody else's un-named Nixes and suggest names for them. Be sure to ping the Nixi's owner when you are suggesting a name.

Step 3. If you like a name that was suggested for your Nixi, give the Nixi that name and post your Nixi's new name on this thread.

Scoring and prizes in next post.
SpaceElf1
Level 75
Ghost Writer
Posted: 7/1/2015 at 10:23 PM Post #2
Scoring for Part 1 Contest.

When five days have passed and no new Nixies have been added to this thread, I will count the number of times each Nixi's name received a complement. First place will go to the Nixi with the highest number of complements, second to the Nixi with the second-highest number, etc.

Third Place Prize: The player owning the Nixi gets a free breeding with any one of my Delphinium Zolnixies.

Second Place Prize: Same as Third Place plus a free breeding with any* one of my other pets (including Wheel, Mojo, etc.).

First Place Prize: Same as Second place plus the winner's choice of a second free breeding to either any one of my Delphinium Zolnixies or a second free breeding to any* one of my other pets (however, if the winner chooses this option, the pet must be a different species than their first not-a-Delph breeding selection).

*Caveat: My Island Flower Aeri named Piccolo is excluded from consideration. Sorry.
SpaceElf1
Level 75
Ghost Writer
Posted: 7/1/2015 at 10:34 PM Post #3
Part 2 Contest

There isn't any scoring for this one. This is a drawing. Each player gets 1 entry ticket whenever--

1. They give their own un-named Delph Zolnixi a name. (Must actually name the pet on its pet profile to count.)

2. Another player uses a name that the player suggested for a particular Delph Zolnixi. This lets players earn tickets even if they don't own any Delph Zolnixies. Just suggest lots of names, and you earn a ticket every time somebody else accepts a suggestion!

When five days have passed and no new Nixies have been added to this thread, I will count how many entries each person has earned and use Random.org to select first, second, and third place winners.

Prizes are exactly the same as in Part 1 of the contest except--if a winning player doesn't own even one Delphinium Bouquet Zolnixi, that player, instead of getting a free breeding with one of my Delphs, gets a PB Delphinium Zolnixi egg (player's choice of which parents).

In the next post, I will parade my own DB Zolnixies, though of course none of them can win a prize, just to provide an example.
SpaceElf1
Level 75
Ghost Writer
Posted: 7/1/2015 at 10:49 PM Post #4

Gemma and Chelsea Star were named for these actual delphinium varieties--

Delphinium varieties "Gemma" and "Chelsea Star"

King Arthur and Pink Power were also named for actual delphinium varieties.
These varieties, in fact--

Delphinium varieties "King Arthur" and "Pink Power"

In fact, most of my Delphs are named for actual delphinium varieties--

Foxhill Nina and Pink Punch

Purple Passion and Pagan Purple--
Don't they make a cute couple?
Edited By SpaceElf1 on 7/2/2015 at 1:31 AM.
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Threads: 167
Posted: 7/1/2015 at 11:04 PM Post #5
Well, I missed the Spring Festival, but thanks to the kindness of one user I was able to procure one Delphinium Zolnixi. Though she's plain, shes pretty cute with her little stubby tail. I did some research on the meaning of Delphinium, and while it has some really amazing symbolism like having an "open heart" and "believing anything is possible" I was still having trouble deciding on a name. Then, I came across this little tidbit about the actual word "delphinium"...

"Derived from the Greek word "delphis" meaning dolphin."

This is supposedly because many think that the flowers have a shape similar to that of dolphins. Because of my Nixi's plainness, I decided that Dolphin was the perfect name for her.

Edited By Britters on 7/1/2015 at 11:05 PM.
SpaceElf1
Level 75
Ghost Writer
Posted: 7/2/2015 at 3:58 PM Post #6
She's not "plain," Britters, she's "sleek." And I'm impressed that you did all that research!

Edit: I have finally named this little todd--

"I'm healthy, smart, and lithe."

He is now "Cherry Blossom," to remind me that, in addition to his Vis Paint, he has Carried Flower Vines. He's the son of my vixen Gemma and Banzai's beautiful todd Delphwing. I hope Banzai enters Delphwing in the contest and explains where his name comes from. He doesn't have wings.
Edited By SpaceElf1 on 7/15/2015 at 3:11 AM.
Mysticdream
Level 60
Threads: 46
Posted: 7/2/2015 at 6:33 PM Post #7
I was reading about the Delphinium and apparently it's poisonous XD
Wanna read for proof here's the link
http://www.thepoisongarden.co.uk/atoz/delphinium.htm
Anyways here's my pet named after The common name for Delphinium and the word poison in Latin since delphiniums are poisonous
His name Is Larkspur Venenum
Translates to Delphinium Poison basically
https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=1595749
Mysticdream
Level 60
Threads: 46
Posted: 7/2/2015 at 6:39 PM Post #8
You want a name for your nixi I would like to recommend a name for him it's below
As he's spotted and A delphinium zolnixi which is apparently similar to Dolphin how bout this name
Maculosa Delphinum
In Latin It translates to Spotted Dolphin
An actual species of Dolphin so I liked it and now I'm recommending it to you
Want a pic of a spotted dolphin since its so ADORABLE
Edited By Mysticfantasy1996 on 7/2/2015 at 6:47 PM.
Yumi123
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 26
Posted: 7/2/2015 at 7:01 PM Post #9
I have two male Nixi that I would love to find names for but I suck at thinking up clever names. ;w;
The first boy shows Chow tail and Witch Doctor, both traits that I'm really falling in love with on Nixi:

https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=1505836

The second boy shows chow tail [IT'S SO CUTE!] and Rainbow Advanced Runes:

https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=1463052
Britters
Level 72
The Eggstraordinaire
Threads: 167
Posted: 7/2/2015 at 7:26 PM Post #10
@SpaceElf1
Yes, you're right, I much prefer "sleek" to describe her. All of your's are amazing. I think my favorite is Pink Power. :)

@Yumi123
Well, I did a little more research into the Delphinium itself and discovered some of the legend surround its origins. It is a little bit gory, someone please tell me if I should edit it or not.

"Delphinium originated, according to legend, during the Battle of Troy. Achilles' mother requested that her son's armor be given to the most heroic Greek Warrior. The armor was given to Ulysses, although the brave Ajax expected to be chosen, and because of his dejection, Ajax killed himself. The small blue larkspur began to grow where the blood of Ajax spilled."

So, I thought you could name one of them Ajax. I personally lean towards the one with the rainbow runes because it seems more "special", but if you like the name it's up to you. There is also a little blurb on the same site that the flower is named for Apollo, who is the god of the city of Delphi, and one of the things that Apollo is most known for is being the "Oracle of Delphi" so perhaps you could use that as a name for the other one.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.