Author Thread Post
Jennileigh25
Level 70
Trickster
Threads: 19
Posted: 6/15/2015 at 3:29 PM Post #11
Hiring Form
Username: JenniLeigh25
Education: 2 AS degrees. 1 in IT; 1 in Business Marketing; 1 BS degree in Programming
Why should we hire you?: I am interested in helping more and I enjoy being online and helping players where I can.
Extra Services You can offer: I have extra space for items and pets.
Animela
Level 65
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 26
Posted: 6/15/2015 at 3:46 PM Post #12
@Jenn
PMing you about your application
Taptothebeat
Level 71
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 212
Posted: 6/15/2015 at 4:48 PM Post #13
Hi, I have some questions.

(1) What is MPY? And is there any advantage to storing money? Like gain 10k gold for every mil put in every year?

(2) For the loans, is that a yearly interest? Is there a payback date? Or a maximal loan amount? Restrictions? Curious how this works.

(3) Lastly, I really like the card idea. I think I'll sign up to get a card, they look cool. =w=)~ Do the colors change depending on account type? c: (Will get a particular card according to what color it is xD)
Animela
Level 65
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 6/15/2015 at 5:06 PM Post #14
1. Monthly Percentage Yield
Basically you get interest at the end of the month that gets added into your account that you can either leave there to let the account gain more or you can take it out.
The note down below states that Account Owners will be given a "Monthly Statement" in which will state your account's current funds + End of Month Interest to give you a new total.
It will also include the Bill for Services if you have invested in them.

2. Loans are also on a monthly.
If you've taken out a loan, you'll get a Monthly Loan statement in which will list out how much you borrowed, what has been paid back, and what's left to pay. THEN the interest from the new total is added on so that we're hopefully going with a smaller number.
Payback is preferably within the Year but you yourself can set a date for a total payback and we can work out a payment plan for what will be paid back monthly/week ect.
Restriction wise there aren't really none except if you've already taken out a loan with us, you cannot take out another until you have paid the Treasury back.This is to prevent people from borrowing and borrowing.
We do not require an account to take out a Loan.

3. Colour does change with the Account type yes.
Normal is Sylesti Blue
Silver is Silver
Gold is Gold
and Platinum is Platinum-ish. I haven't quite worked out the design on this one. I'm thinking of adding sorta a rainbow hue to the silverish colour to help distinguish.
Employees get to completely choose the colours of their cards.
Edited By Animela on 6/15/2015 at 5:07 PM.
Taptothebeat
Level 71
Candy Dispenser
Posted: 6/15/2015 at 5:13 PM Post #15
@Animela,

Thanks. I have more questions now though. xD

a) So if I put 5k diamonds into an account, I'll be netting 250k per month without doing anything?

b) If I put say 5k diamonds into the bank, how much would I be assured to be able to withdraw at any time?

c) If I put diamonds into the bank. Would I be guaranteed to have my money in the form of diamonds and not gold when withdrawing?

d) For loans, will people not have to build up credit?
Animela
Level 65
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 6/15/2015 at 5:45 PM Post #16
a. 5,000 Diamonds at Platinum Rate would be...
5,000 * 0.02% would end up being 1 diamond exactly. Your account total would be 5,001 at the end of the month.
How to get percentages:
5,000/x = 100/0.02
(5,000/x)*x = (100/0.02) * x
(5,000) = 5000x
5,000 / 5000 = 1
You can also choose to keep your interest in Gold but your Diamond's interest will be added after the Gold's interest has already been added up.
At Silver that rate would be 5,000 * 0.13 or .65 diamonds resulting in 5,000.65 diamonds. Obviously you can't withdraw part of a diamond so you would have to wait until it boosted itself to a full.
How:
5,000/x = 100/0.013
(5,000/x) * x = (100/0.013) * x
5,000 = 7692.30769231 * x
5,000/ 7692.30769231 = .65
This is why I wanted our people to know how to math.

b. Unless someone took out a larger Loan involving diamonds that dropped the Bank's diamond total below yours, you should be able to immediately withdraw your diamonds at any time.
In a regular bank when taking out that much at once, you'd have to sit down with a representative for discussion because they only keep so much on hand at once and most of it goes virutal. We try to keep it on hand period.

c. Like Loans, Savings accounts when withdrawn from can only be taken out in the form that they were put in.
I can't give you a cat if you gave me a dog.

d. Everyone starts with a decent credit score. Give people the benefit of the doubt.
For those who fail at payments for services or are not keeping their promises with payments/loan paybacks, it will drop. The interest rate can increase from it's starting base and eventually you'll not be allowed to take out loans period unless you up your credit score by investing in the treasury.
You can also lower your "Credit Score" passively around the forum by becoming known as a "Scammer". If someone reports you as a Scammer or being "Fraudulent" in trades, I will do a bit of investigation to determine whether or not you were actually being "Bad" or if the Reporter just has a grudge/is very silly and doesn't understand our economy.
People however all have their own idea on the worth of things so this will be very open minded.
Taking someone's money and not giving anything in return/giving something else instead of what was asked for however is a very obvious sign that someone doesn't have very good manners. I haven't seen it happen yet(If it has, I missed it) so this is a very good note for our community. We shouldn't have any issues with this besides false reports.
Edited By Animela on 6/15/2015 at 5:48 PM.
Taptothebeat
Level 71
Candy Dispenser
Posted: 6/15/2015 at 7:31 PM Post #17
Thank you for taking the time to reply.

a. I thought it said 0.02 (2%) not 0.02% Also I'm not sure why you are complicating your equation for no reason. Just do, 5,000*0.0002 in one step. (your quip about not knowing math comes off as rude imo). ^.^'

b. Yup yup, that's why I asked. Could there be a written guarantee that it will be above a certain amount? Rather than a 'try'? It's a bank after all, so would like it to be safe and secure. :) Wouldn't want to come back and have just 3% in my account available. :p

c. Great, nice and simple. ^-^

d. Sounds good to me. ^^
Animela
Level 65
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 6/15/2015 at 7:42 PM Post #18
a. Some people don't know that version. I was just showing the math the way they figure it out in Algebra. :3

b. Actually for the reason is why I'm going to buying my first Diamonds the next time a sale comes up(Now that I've worked my butt off enough to have extra funds >//>). I want to be prepared in case something like that does happen so we don't have to worry about not having what people need. One of those things where I put it off to the side as a "private" owned unless someone wanted their stuff out.
Right now if I spent $50 I'd have a nice 5500 Lifeline right there but I want to be smart and buy at a sale so I get a little more bang for my buck.
Taptothebeat
Level 71
Candy Dispenser
Posted: 6/15/2015 at 8:28 PM Post #19
Sounds like you are very much on top of your game! Yes, definitely wait for a sale. Best way to go. :)

I guess for now I'll put 1k diamonds + 100k gold in the bank and see how it goes as a test run. :) Set up a trade in the exchange for me as well as a CoD.

Account Application
Username: Taptothebeat
Account Type: Platinum. No need to make platinum super fancy. Just non-tinted grey/silver works.
Preferred Accountant?: Animela
First Deposit: 1k diamonds + 100k gold
Favorite Pet Owned: Can't decide between these two. If you could choose the one that suits the color of the card better, that would be great. Pet 1, Pet 2 c:
Edited By Taptothebeat on 6/15/2015 at 8:32 PM.
Ladybeatrice
Level 63
Fancy Pants
Threads: 22
Posted: 6/15/2015 at 9:19 PM Post #20
Account Application.

Username; Ladybeatrice
Account Type; Regular
Preffered Accountant; None
First deposit; 1,250
Favorite Pet Owned; https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=1486679
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 59, 60, 61
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.