Players 2,533 428
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,205,930 810
Generated 653,745 96
Captured 1,186,876 59
Bred 6,365,217 655
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > Spring Festival 2015 - Design Plant Syle...
Page 1 1, 2, 3... 15, 16, 17 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Faiona
Level 75
Nature Walker
Site Administrator
Threads: 472
Posted: 4/9/2015 at 9:42 PM Post #1
Attention: Please read all rules before participating. It is absolutely imperative that you follow the instructions for this design contest, not following the rules will make your designs invalid.

Hello everyone! The Spring Festival is upon us soon and we are looking for the community's help in designing the themed pets. As I said above...please follow and read all the rules before you start.

This is not a drawing contest, this a themed pet design contest. All you do is go to the generator and design a color scheme around the plants listed below. Genes and mutations do not matter, as all I am using is the color palette from your design. However, showing off your design with tastefully selected genes and mutations on the pet is encouraged.

Rules

We have decided for these Sylesties to go ahead and prepick what plant they will be associated with. The reasoning is because it was an extremely arduous task for picking out the bakery themed. It will be a lot easier for us to have species already assigned to a plant. :)

Here are the following species along with their prepicked plant. I am also including a screenshot of what I am referring to for each plant. This does not necessarily mean you have to use the colors included in the screenshot. So no, if I show a picture of a red rose you do not have to base your design after a red rose. I am just trying to show what particular plant we are looking for...since if I just say 'Lily Lighira' I am sure there will be people asking if they can use Calla Lilies etc.

1. Lotus Aeridini (Example)

2. Canna Aurleon (Example)

3. Tulip Bulbori (Example)

4. Rose Draeyl (Example)

5. Hosta Faelora (Example)

6. Gladiolus Griffi (Example)

7. Hydrangea Kelpari (Example)

8. Lily Lighira (Example)

9. Orchid Luffox (Example)

10. Chrysanthemum Lunemara (Example)

11. Coleus Lupora (Example)

12. Iris Morkko (Example)

13. Strelitzia Nephini (Example)

14. Plumeria Ny'vene (Example)

15. Spiderwort Nytekrie (Specifically Tradescantia pallida/zebrina Example 1
Example 2)

16. Petunia Puffadore (Example)

17. Poppy Qitari (Example)

18. Passiflora Ryori (Example)

19. Gazania Sylvorpa (Example)

20. Camellia Vulnyx (Example)

21. Delphinium Zolnixi (Example)

1. After you design your pets please come back here and post your entries along with the picture of the plant you used as a reference. This is important as we have to create artwork with growing stages for every species. If you do not include a reference picture then your entry will not count and I will completely skip your post.

2. You may only submit one design for each species. This can take up however many posts this requires. But please keep your posts to a minimum...so that means edit your post until that post is full and you have to use another post.

3. Please do not reserve posts, if I see anyone doing this I will delete your post.

4. Do not fight over designs. Obviously some designs will look similar since you'll be basing them off the same plants. If I see anyone doing this anywhere on the site I will automatically disqualify you and you will be banned from participating in any design contests for the rest of the year. Let me repeat myself...DO NOT FIGHT OVER DESIGNS. This is suppose to be a fun event, not something that causes drama or fights. Do not turn it into that.

5. The end date for this is 4/13/15 at 12:00 AM (that is midnight, not noon...) This has a short duration because we need a lot of artwork drawn for this.

Prizes

For the designs that I choose, the user will receive a Mystical Essence of the species or their choice of a 2 Visible Spring Festival 2015 Themed Pet. I do not publicly announce the designs that I chose. Every festival I send Willowdarimn (or whatever user is making the Festival Design list, generally it has been Willow) the list that I used. So please do not ask me about who I picked or when prizes will be handed out. I hand out the essences/themed at the end of every festival along with rest of the prizes.

Thank you again for all your help with making Sylestia a special place! We look forward to viewing everyone's designs! :)
Edited By Faiona on 4/11/2015 at 6:37 PM.
Moderation Team
Level 9001
Protector of the Forums
Site Moderator
Posted: 4/9/2015 at 9:46 PM Post #2
This post has been deleted.
Moderation Team
Level 9001
Protector of the Forums
Site Moderator
Posted: 4/9/2015 at 9:47 PM Post #3
Cleatushorse
Level 21
Threads: 3
Posted: 4/9/2015 at 9:50 PM Post #4
oops
Edited By Cleatushorse on 4/9/2015 at 9:53 PM.
Moderation Team
Level 9001
Protector of the Forums
Site Moderator
Posted: 4/9/2015 at 9:52 PM Post #5
Shrike
Level 60
The Hallowed
Threads: 134
Posted: 4/9/2015 at 9:53 PM Post #6
Hello, I have some questions (this is my first festival, so I'm not sure how this goes down).

1. We create the design in the generator, or we draw it ourselves?
2. We include mutations/genes or no?

Thank you!
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 340
Posted: 4/9/2015 at 9:56 PM Post #7
1. You design the pet theme on the Generator (Explore>Generator). ^^
No need for drawing, just use the image from the generator (Copy the URL of the image from there and paste it in a reply here).

2. You can include mutations and genes for the purpose of showing off the colors in the other slots of the pet (because all the gene and mutation slots of colors have to be filled with color instead left blank (unless white is included intentionally)).

You should look at previous Design Threads in the Official Forums for past festivals to get an idea. :)
Fox
Level 75
Master Sylestiologist
Threads: 398
Posted: 4/9/2015 at 9:58 PM Post #8
Lupora (image):

Ny'vene (image):
Edited By FForFox on 4/9/2015 at 10:43 PM.
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 340
Posted: 4/9/2015 at 9:59 PM Post #9
No need for drawing, just design your theme on the Generator (Explore>Generator). :)

Like I said in the post above, you can look at past design threads to get an idea of what the other players did.
Hairdoo867
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 1
Posted: 4/9/2015 at 10:10 PM Post #10
Ha! That's really what I meant to begin with

Canna Aurleon (The upper left corner flower)

Male

Female
Edited By Hairdoo867 on 4/10/2015 at 8:25 AM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 15, 16, 17
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.