Forum Index > Games, Contests, and Giveaways > Animela's Art Contest
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Animela
Level 65
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 26
Posted: 1/15/2015 at 3:28 PM Post #1
Hey there~ Welcome to Animela's Art contest, hosted by me, Animela!
I've been looking for art for my characters lately and honestly I'm not all that good at asking for commissions. There are a LOT Of artists on and off the board, publicly in the forums and those who do it for fun but I'd like to offer a chance to see the creativity levels and styles that everyone has to offer here on Sylestia.

I love getting art for my characters because it inspires me to write. This past series that I've been working on is a work in progress about 12 years long. It's been quite a while since I started but I'm finally starting to compile everything that I've written and edited and hope to get my first book to a real editor for a try at publishing by the end of this year if I can.

Starts: 3:30:00 PM January 15th
Ends: 11:59:59PM February 28th

Rules:
1. Art theft will not be tolerated.
If you are using a base, please link the original base as well as proof of permission if the base doesn't state free public use. However I do warn, I prefer original artwork to bases.
2. Prior Contests - Don't reuse entries
If you've entered a Contest with me before or are in a Contest already with these characters on another website, please avoid reusing your Entries.
3. Please don't take it personally if you don't win. c:
I am a Critical Person, though I may use positive words. I may prefer someone's creativity and style over yours but people will never really know until the end. I try not to express too much interest in entries and usually won't actually look at them for more than a glance until the end. It's my way of trying of be unbiased.
4. No Negativity against other entries. If something bugs me too much I will let them know.
5. No Limit on Entries but no Sprites allowed. I will allow Pixel Art this time but please nothing smaller than 200px
6. By entering here you are giving me the copyrights to the artwork submitted.
IE: I can use the Artwork for personal means. Credit will be given where posted.
Artworks will not be Sold. Artworks will not claimed to have been made by anyone but the original Artist.
I will be reposting these artworks to a Journal I have on another website for saving with a link to either your Sylestia Userpage or Deviantart. State Preferences please.
7. WIPs are allowed. The Final Edit when this ends is what will be judged.
~a. If a WIP is posted and you win please finish the art piece. You'll receive your winnings after.
~b. If a WIP is posted and I like what I see I may contact you with one of the Prize Selection Options as payment to finish it. (Seperate from contest), you are not required to finish it if you do not like the offered payment.

Prizes - If I get a larger turn out than expected I may add more places.
1st Place:
100 Diamonds
250k Gold
6 Prize Pool Picks

2nd Place:
50 Diamonds
125k Gold
4 Prize Pool Picks

3rd Place:
25 Diamonds
75k Gold
2 Prize Pool Picks

Consolation Prize:
For Every Entry Presented that does not win(Not including edits of entries. All edits will count into the same entry) the submitting user will receive a Lesser Philter of Choice.
Precision, Vigor, Acumen, NImblness.

Prize Pool: Link
Extra Info:
2 Helds = 1 Pick
5 Scanners = 1 Pick
1 Enhanced Ess = 2 picks
Elsewise 1:1

Art Content
Characters:
Animela - Reference and Background
Personality:
Young: Bouncy/Cheerful, Loves to play/joke around, tends to encourage those who hesitate. Extremely Curious, tends to get into trouble a lot.
Kindly (+) Genial (+) Charitable(+) Patient ( + )

Adult: Mellowed out, Still loves to play or Joke around but not as often. Still encouraging but loves to help out. She's still very curious but has a few self image issues which is why she keeps her morphing stone on her all the time. Honorable (+) Repressed anger (-) Talkative(?) Passive(-) Kindly (+) Genial (+) Charitable(+) Persistent ( + ) Patient ( + ) Self-critical (-)

Kusachi - Reference and Background
Personality:
Young: she's usually always smiling, fake or real, unless she's physically hurt. Genial (+) Hesitant (-) Shy (?) Patient ( + )

Adult: Has learned to assert herself but isn't pushy. She isn't as shy but isn't very social either. Passive(-) Martyr (+) Genial (+) Excitable (?)

Rynithu -Reference and Background
Personality:
Young:
Prideful (-) Silver-Tongued (?) Arrogant (-) Uppity (-) Forgiving (+) Pushy(-) Danger-Prone (-) Persistent (+)

Adult:
Forgiving (+) Vengeful (- Organization only) Quick Thinker(+) Danger-Prone (-) Reformed (?) Respectful (+) Persistent (+) Patient (+) Fearless (+)

Tysiga - Reference and Background
Personality:
Reformed (?) Respectful (+) Patient ( + ) Easily amused (+)
Kindly (+) Not-So Repressed anger (-)

What I like to see: (Not required)
Backgrounds/Scenes
Multiple Characters
Smooth lines
Shading
Simple Animation
The Character's Personalities being shown
The Triplets as Children - Please see Character Note above "Various Character References" section

What I don't want to see:
18+ only Content (I am an Adult but I don't want to see this)
Fetish Drawings
Sprites - I don't need sprites.
Rushed Art.

Q&A will be listed down below.
Animela
Level 65
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 1/15/2015 at 3:28 PM Post #2
Edited By Animela on 2/28/2015 at 11:01 AM.
Animela
Level 65
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 1/15/2015 at 3:29 PM Post #3
Q & A
Q. Are there any significant areas the world that these characters be found in?

A. Many
The Easiest Describe though are 4. However the characters are likely to appear any places that have to do with nature. They can be elsewhere but I've gotten this question about these places before so I figured I'd put it ahead of time.
1st is the Nightshadel Forest. Near it edge it seems like a normal forest but the further in you go there more magic there is embued in the trees. At its deepest point some of the trees may even take on a rainbow hue. There is a grove of these Magic Trees near the deepest point that the locals call Secawill.They're grey trunked(Ocasional Orange) with leaves that tend to cycle betwen red, purple, blue, and green, all dark. This Example from thw Twilight Forest Minecraft Mod seems pretty close to what I'm trying to describe for the leaves.[/url]. I wasn't sure what I was thinking but I did create and start describing the trees that the siblings explored through when I was 8.

2nd is Seikou's Home, he's the Triplet's father. It's a clearing within the Nightshadel Forest. It's encircled by a wall of trees, grown thickly together until they've twisted and meshed into one another. The house in the middle is actually a cottage like home that appears to have a large tree trying to grow over it. In reality though if one were to go inside it's more like the tree has been hollowed out and just added to. Despite it's cottage looking size on the outside, the inside gives way to a much larger area than anticipated. It is a three bedroom home complete with a Centered Living Room, a Full Kitchen & Dining area. A circular Study/Den like room is connected to the living room. Two of the Bedrooms are on the second floor the master being on the bottom. A Third Door on the second floor leads into a long hallway the ends in a VERY large library full of books the seem impossible to be there despite how much room the rest of the house is able to take up. It is impossible to get through the hall door into the Library without the help of Someone of Seikou's line so it also serves as a safehouse for the current residents.

3rd is Tysiga's tower where Animela and him meet for the first time and ended up hanging out there for a while before he decides to leave. Rynithu and Kusachi have never been here. Simlar to this in design but with a flatter more stable top like This The stone used in the building is a mix between between and cobblestone. It's in the middle of a plain field.

4th is Tysiga and Animela's cottage. Kusachi has never been here. Simlar to this in design though the roof is Tile instead of thatch, It's out in a small meadow surounded by a forest. There is a Cherry Tree growing near the house and off in the distance is the town of Nagerath.

Other questions asked in this thread will just be linked here.
Edited By Animela on 1/15/2015 at 6:58 PM.
Crystal25152
Level 66
Trickster
Threads: 365
Posted: 1/15/2015 at 5:09 PM Post #4
Interesting! I may join later! ^_^
Animela
Level 65
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 1/16/2015 at 7:42 PM Post #5
Eyup thank you for expressing interest c:

Bumping~
Animela
Level 65
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 1/17/2015 at 12:58 PM Post #6
bump
Animela
Level 65
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 1/18/2015 at 1:35 AM Post #7
bump
Visenkha
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 35
Posted: 1/18/2015 at 10:27 AM Post #8
Interesting characters. If I can get the software for my tablet re-installed I might submit something. Will definitely keep you in mind. :3
Animela
Level 65
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 1/19/2015 at 1:16 AM Post #9
thank you c;

bumping
Crystal25152
Level 66
Trickster
Threads: 365
Posted: 1/19/2015 at 1:19 PM Post #10
Nonono where is my Wacom bamboo tablet \(*-*)/ I'll have to join later >.>"
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.