Players 2,533 428
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,205,930 810
Generated 653,745 96
Captured 1,186,876 59
Bred 6,365,217 655
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Breeding Discussion > Island Flower Power! A Stat/Purebred Pro...
Page 3 1, 2, 3, 4... 12, 13, 14 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 340
Posted: 3/13/2015 at 5:49 PM Post #21
Recent news? My first max-stat aeris have been born~ c:

Just waiting for the parents to recover again, then breed again, philter, and there's the first successful generation. ^^

Just taking notes for myself though:

To get to my goal of getting coral snake, lily tail, and corruption out:
-Waikiki (M) is a good male (3vis, hidden coral)
-Ma'ili (F) is his sister, same traits

-Liliuokalani (F), mother of Waikiki and Ma'ili, has those traits too
-Coconut (M), father of Waikiki and Ma'ili and mate of Lili, has those traits PLUS Milk Snake carried for some reason

-Laka (F) has carried Milk Snake/Coral Snake/Corruption AND seems to be able to mate with Coconut

-Haumea (F), mother of Coconut, has those traits too (hidden Coral Snake, carried Milk Snake)

Shall continue notes later \o/
Everlost
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 116
Posted: 3/23/2015 at 8:17 AM Post #22
Hi Flute :P Can I be on the Ping List? XD
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Posted: 3/23/2015 at 10:27 AM Post #23
Noted /o/
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Posted: 4/2/2015 at 12:35 PM Post #24
Pinging everyone on my (shorthanded and kinda not really well made) ping list for interest!

Since the new infertility philters are out, I can technically philter my stat babies that I will sell to be infertile, which I'd like.
However, that's 150 diamonds per philter. That's approximately 375k per philter, per baby.

While my current prices for a full stat pet (or not-full stats) is still more expensive than the cost of the philter itself (and thus it would be paying for itself and more), it's not exactly the profit margin I'd like to make for a 2400+ diamond (in prismatic philters and time) project. x:

I am currently considering a few options:

1. Just not use infertility philters, but PM each user who intends to buy an aeri for me, and ask in a contract-like manner not to breed the aeri. (Not as secure, but 150 diamonds cheaper.) This will not affect the current prices of my aeris, and thus be the cheaper route for customers all around.

2. Add the cost of the philter on top of the prices of my aeris. This will add 375k to all prices of all the aeris. However, I will take off the cost difference for gender. (this is the more secure but expensive route)

3. Keeping the prices I have now (and using part of the profit to get the philter). This may not affect customers now, but this cuts my maximum profit from my highest stat pet in half. ;___; Not really what I want to do, but it's an option. It's more effective if I had 20+ people interested in getting a pet or something, having larger numbers to sustain halved profit.

Right now, I cannot foretell a future where I will get a likeable profit, because not many users can afford or are interested in high stat pets for a high price (unless I go cheaper AND don't secure infertility, running the risk of making high stats easier to breed for other users).
I'm still debating if my prices are okay (I thought they were, but subtracting the philter cost from them really does take a big chunk). For now, I'm not sure if other players will be selling their max stat pets, and for what cost, which affects what prices and what risks I want to take. These are all things I take into consideration, despite being a small and visually unappealing project (compared to other 6trait stat pets that are also purebred fabled pets aha).

Also, in recent news, I am on my way to breeding a 4vis IF aeri that has both coral snake and milk snake. :) I managed to get both of them visible, but still waiting on aging. These have high stats, but aren't max stat.

Anyways, let me know what you guys think about prices.
Edited By Flute on 4/2/2015 at 12:47 PM.
Lenore
Level 75
Sylestiologist
Threads: 52
Posted: 4/2/2015 at 1:06 PM Post #25
I'd be happy with it either way ^^ agreeing to a contract not to breed would not bother me...completely understand the time/effort/gold put into this project...but also wouldn't mind paying extra for your peace of mind as far as breeding goes.
Everlost
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 116
Posted: 4/2/2015 at 2:10 PM Post #26
I'd be fine with either of the first two. ^^ I'd be willing to pay more or just sign a contract.
ColonelHazard
Level 60
The Hallowed
Threads: 35
Posted: 4/2/2015 at 2:27 PM Post #27
Yup, as the others have said, I think you should do whatever you feel is best for your project. I can understand wanting to philter them for the security and peace of mind it gives, especially as Sylestia grows larger and it becomes more difficult to keep track of your sold offspring. I think that most people who want to buy a max stat pet won't be put off by an additional 375k when the price is already in the hundreds of thousands, especially as so few people are currently selling stat project offspring.
Bumblebreeze
Level 60
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 11
Posted: 4/2/2015 at 2:47 PM Post #28
Ooooh these look amazing 0-0
Could I be added to the ping list, please?
Thanks!
SpaceElf1
Level 75
Ghost Writer
Threads: 669
Posted: 4/2/2015 at 3:57 PM Post #29
I won one of your high-stat Aeridinies as a prize, so you could say my opinion is of no consequence. However, my two cents', for what it's worth, is that things change. I never had any plans to breed whatever Aeri you give me, and if, later on, I thought of a valid reason to breed the pet, I would explain my idea to you first and ask your permission. If you didn't want to allow it, I wouldn't breed it.

However, you might decide I had a good reason or a valid idea. It might even benefit you somehow. After all, you don't know what cool future breeding plans you or I might come up with. We don't even know exactly what Sylestia will be like in a year. The Infertility Philter is like burning a bridge before you even reach it; it is forever.

I could see myself using the Infertility Philter in the future, when Sylestia has a lot more players, many of whom are total strangers to me. I would use it on some extraordinary pet that I was selling for a high price to a total stranger. I would never bother using it on a pet I was selling to you, Flute, no matter how extraordinary the pet was. I would just ask you to promise not to breed the pet. These Philters didn't even exist when you planned your project, after all, so unless I'm missing something, you could just move forward exactly the way you'd always been planning to.

--Elf

PS I imagine you'll be using the Philter of Nullification to get rid of some traits like Corruption. Allow me to state that I am totally cool with that trait, so if you have a close-to-max-stat Aeri that has that trait, and you don't actually need it to complete the project, you could make that one my prize and save buying a philter. This idea may be of no use, since I haven't tried to follow your precise breeding plan. But in case it is helpful, there you go.
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Posted: 4/2/2015 at 5:01 PM Post #30
The project is already finished. :) So if you're interested in buying one, you can. Just letting you know.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4... 12, 13, 14
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.