Page 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Gingerpaw
Level 60
Fancy Pants
Threads: 48
Posted: 11/7/2014 at 9:08 PM Post #41
This story can be random at times.. xp

Twas the Night of Halloween, and a party was about. There was not a crack of silence, you couldnt hear the Ghostly wail coming from the roof!
We were sitting around a table, feasting on spicy sausages, when a pair of sandy socks dropped onto my head. With a feeling of horror, I looked up to see 2 green glowing eyes staring straight at me.
A mummy! I screamed. run!!! No-one heard me due to all the noise. Ok, this was really freaky. When I looked up again, the mummy was gone. So were the socks. I decided to ignore it.
After our feast, we played a game called Prancing Puffadores. We all dressed up as puffadores, and pranced around in a circle. It was so much fun!
After that, we moved on to pumpkin art. Most people carved theirs. I painted mine purple. When the judge came forward to look at our pumpkins, he gave me last place for the purple pumpkin. I didnt care. It was a winning pumpkin to me.
When we were just about to start apple-bobbing, Krinadon started to crash the party by making up some crazy story about a haunted shack! Ok seriously? But we followed him into the woods anyway, because people were getting bored of these so-called lame games.
There we were tromping along the brush, when someone screamed, Witch Doctor Hexamora! Everyone else screamed along with her. Then everyone started running in all directions, which made it worse. Its not like I was a fool. I wasnt scared. I just walked calmly back to the camp. Ok, no I didnt but that isnt the point. When we got back, Krinadon was gone. Oh no! It got Krinadon! someone yelled. I shuddered. There had been some crazy rumors about that witch doctor lately. We all started shivering. There was a light spooky breeze. We better go save him. said someone.
All of the sudden, a little baby bat came flapping into the frightened party. Krinadon sent me! he squeaked. He needs help! That set us back into chaos. After we regained control of ourselves, we set out, a weak, scared troop, not ready at all to save our site administrator. We walked along the same path we had flattened before. Out of nowhere we heard a scream. Hey! That sounds like Faiona! We all huddled together, too scared to move. Then we heard hoof beats. Then, a mean laugh.
It is I! The Headless Horseman! It is I who has captured your precious Faiona! What? This crazy dude captured Faiona?!? Everyone went ballistic. Over all the screaming, the headless horseman dismounted his steed, and everyone went silent. Then the headless horsemans shoulders started to shake. Oh, hes laughing. But it wasnt the evil laughter, it was the I fooled ya laughter. The so called headless horseman took of his pumpkin noggin, and we all started sighing with relief. It was Krinadon!
Hope we didnt kill you with fright there guys. Happy Halloween! he called out. Up behind him came Faiona. She too was laughing.
Witch doctor Hexamora? we all asked in unison. She nodded. With all of us laughing, we headed back to the party, jolly and relieved. But.. when we got back, in the clearing was a small ghostly white vulnex kitten. It had glowing yellow eyes. Ok, thats unusual. We all started screaming, and running into the woods. Even Krinadon and Faiona. Ok, this is one weird Halloween.
Edited By Gingerpaw on 11/7/2014 at 9:09 PM.
Flightofthedragon
Level 70
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 3
Posted: 11/8/2014 at 4:01 PM Post #42
1031 words. I really did try to condense this.
Good luck!

Witch Doctor Hexamora was having a fantastic time putting the finishing touches on his purple pumpkin jack-o'-lanterns.
That is, until the haunted shack crashed right outside his cottage.
Grumbling, he marched over to the door and yanked it open, prepared to send the prancing Puffadores who annoyed him every year scattering. What he found instead had him gaping in dismay.
Right there in the middle of his herb garden was a dilapidated house. Rotten wooden boards from the front porch were haphazardly strewn across the patch of nightshade; what remained of the front door had completely crushed the lavender bush; and the entire sagging structure had knocked over the yew tree that sat at the corner of the yard.
The witch doctor stared disbelievingly. Those spicy sausages I ate earlier must have addled my brains, he thought. But when he looked again, the shack was still there.
Out of nowhere, a large black shape reared up in front of him, blocking his view. Its steps were heavy and loud, and its breath fanned across his face. A high-pitched shriek of fury reverberated in his ears. Screaming in terror, he bolted for his house and slammed the door shut. He waited with bated breath, but there were no sounds of pursuit. Relieved, he began to step away from the door, then cowered again as the shrill noise came, followed by a dark creature careening through his window his open window. It flew straight into his worktable, extinguishing the lit candles and skidding to a halt next to his jars of dried herbs. There it lay, unmoving.
Trembling, Hexamora struck a match and lit one of the candles he always kept in his pocket. He approached the table with trepidation. What he found there had him sighing and berating himself.
A baby bat was curled up next to the container of sage, making tiny squeaking noises. Its left wing was tilted at an unnatural angle, and its dark eyes were glazed over in pain.
You scared me well enough, Witch Doctor Hexamora told the little beast sternly as he picked it up, mindful of its broken wing. I thought you were something come to send me to Death! It whimpered up at him as he carried it over to his bed, tucking it into one of his sandy socks, the only pair he could find. He was heading back to the table when he heard a ghostly wail. Startled, he reared back, nearly dropping the poor bat as the sound came again.
Hexamora ventured back outside cautiously. Once more, the cry echoed through the night. It seemed that it emanated from the haunted shack sprawled across his yard.
Why? the doctor muttered as he stood there, shivering. Why couldn't it have been those irritating Puffadores? Reaching a decision, he shuffled toward the shadowy structure. Despite its shabby condition, it loomed over him menacingly, its very presence radiating hatred and evil.
This is a terrible idea, he told himself over and over, but his feet kept moving him steadily toward the yawning cavernous mouth of the doorway. Another pitiful whine drifted out of the blackness, and he hesitated one last time before taking a deep breath and plunging into the dark.
The wails guided him through the rotten house as he stepped around holes in the floor, fallen chunks of wall, and the banister of a stairway. He was approaching the back of the maze of rooms when the noises abruptly cut off.
Panic crashed over Hexamora, and he almost turned back. Something in his mind steeled him, though, keeping the fear at a manageable level as he crept toward the last room. With bated breath, he slowly pushed open the splintered door and inched in.
Nothing leaped out of the shadows to claw his face off, and no sorcerers waited to slit his throat and take his blood. Instead, he perceived a tiny shape nosing at another larger one. As the full moon shone light into the room, the little creature was revealed to be a Vulnyx kitten. It was poking at a full-grown female Vulnyx that lay in the middle of the floor. From the stillness of its flanks and the smell that permeated the air, Hexamora knew it to be dead.
This has been the weirdest night, he muttered to himself as he walked toward the pitiful little beast. At the sound of his footsteps, it turned a luminous green gaze on him. Its eyes were confused and sad, and its mouth opened, showing a pink tongue as it yowled.
Ach, none of that now, Hexamora chided, squatting next to it. I'll take care of you. I already have one refugee tonight. He reached for the kitten.
With a snarl of rage, the Vulnyx swiped at his hand with sharp claws. As he reared back in surprise, it arched its back and continued to hiss at him. To his horror, the minuscule kitten began to grow, its form twisting and rearranging itself into a completely different figure.
Dressed formally, as if for a party, the glowing man that stood before Hexamora would have been strikingly handsome if he hadn't been cradling his decapitated head in the crook of his left arm. The only resemblance he bore to the kitten was the lamplike emerald eyes, which regarded him with contempt. From out of his mouth came a piercing, unearthly whistle. Immediately, the body of the departed Vulnyx warped until a midnight-black horse with crimson eyes and a flaming mane and tail pranced there, mouth foaming and no saddle or bridle to indicate any sign of being broken in. The Headless Horseman for that was surely what he was vaulted onto the beast's back effortlessly. His stare seemed to dismiss Hexamora, as if the witch doctor wasn't worth his time. A wordless cry, a deep-throated neigh, and ghostly horse and rider jumped through the broken window, dissolving to nothing.

There is a legend that the Headless Horseman takes the form of an innocent kitten grieving its lost mother in order to lure in his prey.
Of course, no one ever lived to confirm or deny it.
Nobody except one.
Edited By Flightofthedragon on 11/8/2014 at 4:02 PM.
Turquoisefeather
Level 60
Nature Walker
Threads: 186
Posted: 11/8/2014 at 10:57 PM Post #43
One clear, starless night, four Sylestis sat around a fire telling spooky stories! One story was about a Haunted Shack and the Witch Doctor, Hexamora who dwelled there.
"Do you really believe in ghosts?" A Vulnyx Kitten named Joy asked.
Before her brother could answer, a Ghostly Wail split through the air! Terrified, Joy dived under her bigger brother's stomach and started shivering.
"Forget I ever asked!" she said with a shaky voice.
"Please don't interrupt the story, Joy. Of course ghosts aren't real." Jake told his little sister.
"Now where was I? Oh yeah!
Deap in the woods where Witch Doctor Hexamora lived, there also dwelled deceiving creatures called Dancing Puffadores! During the day they would prance and frolic, but when night falls they become possessed by the witch doctor to do her evil bidding!"
"What!" Joy gasped, looking around."they could be out now?" She said nervously as she looked around.
"Please Joy....." Jake said as a Baby Bat flew over head screaching.
"Ahhhh!" Joy screamed.
"Its just a bat, now please let me finish, Joy." Jake pleaded, then continued.
"The witch told her minion Puffadores to bring her Spicy Sausages and a Purple Pumpkin for her spell that would make it night forever!"
"Jake, is there such thing as a Headless Horseman?" Joy asked randomly.
"Why?"
"Because Luke saw something over there." Joy said, fear in her voice.
"There's no such thing." Jake said dismissively, and turned back to the fire.
Turning to stare at his best friend Luke, who was a Griffi, he asked, "did you really see anything?" He asked in a hushed voice.
"I did." Luke whispered, "and Sandy Socks saw it too!" Luke said, pointing his beak towards a brown Vulnyx with blonde paws.
Just at that moment a howl split through the now windy campsite.
"Let's get home before......" Sandy Socks was about to say, before another howl cut her off.
At that, they all got to their paws and with Luke in the front, Jake at the rear, they all took off running towards their cabin and decided never again to venture into the forest at night, for it was too dangerous!
Edited By Turquoisefeather on 11/8/2014 at 11:01 PM.
Kaufee
Level 70
The Perfectionist
Threads: 110
Posted: 11/9/2014 at 2:03 PM Post #44
It's been a couple weeks since I've seen my friend, so I'm on my way over to her house to surprise her. We've known each other for a long time, so we show up unannounced at each other's houses often enough that I don't worry about calling ahead of time, and as I pull up to the front of her house I can tell she's probably still here. The gaudy way her front porch is still dressed up as a haunted shack means she's been too lazy to take down her decorations yet, which is pretty sad since Halloween is well come and gone at this point. At least the decorations don't cover the door, making it pretty easy to grab the spare key perched on top of the door frame and get inside.

As I enter my friend's house and make my way down the hallway from the main entrance to the kitchen, I am even more perplexed by the Headless Horseman decals on the walls than I was the exterior of the house. They're peeling away in places, a sign of having been hanging on the wall longer than intended, but a quick glance at my watch confirms that the date is November 9th. Ten days after Halloween. I lift my brow as I look past the tacky decorations as a ghostly wail erupts from a motion-censored banshee doll sitting on the table at the end of the hall. Are you kidding me with this stuff?

In the kitchen there are spicy sausages--my friend's special Halloween recipe and easily identifiable as the same sausages leftover from our Halloween party two weeks prior--sitting in a fogged up container on the counter, still visibly warm from being reheated. How old even are those? I shudder at the thought as something in my peripheral grabs my attention. Oh, my friend's new vulnyx kitten is happily drinking cream from a bowl, blissfully unaware of my presence in favor of her treat, yet another sign of my friend's recent presence.

'So where it she?' I think to myself as I turn around again just in time to see my friend's prissy, prancing puffadores come down the hall from the upstairs staircase. Their yipping and the clacking of their nails on the hardwood could easily drive me insane but they are pretty cute, so I pat their heads to calm them down and then head down the hall again, towards the stairs.

I make my way up, carefully avoiding a pair of sandy socks with purple pumpkins on them which haven't been washed in who knows how long, and I can see a glow from behind the door to my friend's bedroom. As I around the edge, I solve the mystery of my friend's disappearance.

"Come on, are you still wearing that Witchdoctor Hexamora costume? Halloween has been over for like a week and a half. I mean I know you had the week off but have you done anything but eat leftovers, watch videos of baby animals on the internet, and play that silly Sylestia game?"

My friend turns around, wide-eyed and surprised by my presence but not particularly frightened by it, a video of a baby bat still playing on the computer screen behind her, "So, what's wrong with that?"
Edited By Kaufee on 11/9/2014 at 2:07 PM.
FierePepr
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 301
Posted: 11/9/2014 at 3:14 PM Post #45
Ok, could not resist!!
I know this may not count as SCARY or STORY but... It was fun making it!!
(to the tune of twelve days of X-mas)
Also, I have many things to say in the song-ish story, so sorry!!
Enjoy even if it does not count!!
EDIT: hope this is not to many words!!

On the first day of Halloween,the Headless Horseman gave to me...
(lol was not aware there was multiple halloween days!!)
One Purple Pumpkin in a purple pumpkin tree.
(pumpkins...on trees? what has the world come to??)

On the second day of halloween, Godzilla crushed for me,
two Haunted Shack-s,
and a Purple Pumpkin in a purple pumpkin tree.
(ahh the poor, wasted pumpkin!)

On the third day of Halloween, Dr frankenstein made for me,
three Baby Bat-s,
two Haunted Shack-s,

On the fourth day of halloween, a banshee screamed for me,
four Ghostly Wail-s,
(The rest here she screamed AT so it makes more sense! :D )
three Baby Bat-s,
two Haunted Shack-s,

On the fifth day of Halloween, a mummy toilet-papered for me,
Five of the Witch Doctor Hexamora's Mojo Vulnyx Kittens,
four Ghostly Wails,
three Baby Bat-s,
two Haunted Shack-s,

On the sixth day of Halloween, a vampire bit for me,
six Spicy Sausages,
Five of the Witch Doctor Hexamora's Mojo Vulnyx Kittens,
(Ok, sooo out of tempo!!)
four Ghostly Wails,
three Baby Bat-s,
two Haunted Shack-s,

On the seventh day of Halloween,
The wheel gave to me, seven Prancing Puffadores
(I wish)
six Spicy Sausages,
five of the Witch Doctor Hexamora's Mojo Vulnyx Kittens,
four Ghostly Wails,
three Baby Bat-s,
two Haunted Shack-s,

On the eighth day of Halloween,
(EIGHT DAYS OF FREE CANDY?? :D )
A prize box gave to me,
eight Sandy Socks,
seven Prancing Puffadores
six Spicy Sausages,
five of the Witch Doctor Hexamora's Mojo Vulnyx Kittens,
four Ghostly Wails,
three Baby Bat-s,
two Haunted Shack-s,
Edited By Firepepper on 11/9/2014 at 3:24 PM.
Hundenelsker
Level 75
Fright Master
Threads: 23
Posted: 11/9/2014 at 4:44 PM Post #46
The adventurer sighed, realizing that he was hopelessly lost in Umbra Forest on Halloween of all nights. What made it worse was that he was alone, having only gone to scour the offerings of his fellow adventurers. Quite suddenly, he came upon a haunted shack, which was really the only way to describe it. It was in disrepair and distinctly chilling but a ghostly wail suddenly echoed from somewhere behind him and he dashed inside. Whatever made that sound was sure to be a lot scarier than an old shack.

The adventurer blinked at the glow within the shack from floating candles scattered throughout; it seemed the little shack was occupied after all. He heard laughter from somewhere in the back and took a step towards it before something tripped him and he fell flat on his back. The adventurer looked to see what had caused him to fall, blinking as he was nose to nose with a little black vulnyx kitten that mewled plaintively before dashing off. The adventurer also noted quite a few prancing puffadores who were almost dancing to unheard music. They each wore collars, he saw, and the one he read dubbed its owner Sandy Socks. He chuckled at the name, such a silly name for a silly, dancing creature.

A booming laugh reminded him of what he had been after and he continued on towards the sound. It led him to a quaint dining room set for a tea party with pots of tea, pitchers of purple pumpkin juice, and platters of spicy sausages and other treats. The room was warm and lit with many candles but he soon felt cold, wishing fervently there was not quite so much light.

Sitting at the table were someone he dimly recognized as the Witch Doctor Hexamora, who had a baby bat perched on her shoulder, and all of the bosses he had been battling recently, including the Headless Horseman himself. All had gone quiet and still once he entered, staring at him with eyes holding varying stages of shock and anger. The Headless Horseman got up from his chair, hand reaching towards his blade and the adventurer felt the fear of death wash over him; he was going to die.

"Now my dear sir, is that really necessary?" the adventurer suddenly heard a soft male voice whisper with a thick, rich Southern accent. There was no visible origin of the voice but that was quickly forgotten at the glint of that flaming blade as it seemed to twitch in the Headless Horseman's hand before he sat back down.

"I do not appreciate intruders," the Headless Horseman growled and the adventurer felt another rush of fear. He knew how fast the man moved, how easy it would be for him to cross the room and kill him.

"It is certainly rude but not a capital offense, dear sir. I would rather not have bloodshed at teatime," the voice again whispered and the Headless Horseman gave an angry grunt before yielding.

Before the boy had any sort of chance to feel relieved, there was a firm grip on his arm and his body went freezing cold. There was no one there, however, which let him know exactly what he was dealing with; a ghost. There was no time for fear as the adventurer was bodily dragged to his feet and through the home to be unceremoniously tossed out, falling in a heap.

"Have a safe Halloween, dear boy, and do be careful, fearsome things wander here when the veil between worlds is so thin," the ghost whispered and the adventurer instinctively looked towards his voice. Instead of empty air, the ghost was now visible. Once a handsome, well-dressed man, he had been brutally murdered, body ravaged and almost unrecognizable aside from his face. The ghost's lips were curled in a smile but his eyes were terrifyingly cold as he closed the door firmly.

The adventurer stared at the closed door, processing what he had just seen. He was just coming out of shock when he heard that ghostly wail again. It was closer this time, soon morphing into something darker, more sinister. The boy felt terror grip him before he began running for his life. Laughter could be heard echoing from that little haunted shack long into the night.
Junbae
Level 60
Threads: 4
Posted: 11/9/2014 at 6:47 PM Post #47
On a dark, stormy night, (which truly was a crisp autumn evening), Witch Doctor Hexamora found herself in a bit of a twist. One of her favorite breeding experiments, Sandy Socks, had gone missing.

At first she assumed Socks had gotten in the pantry again, or stuck in a closet. Hexamora grabbed some spicy sasuages off her breakfast plate to try to lure him in, but after a quick search throughout her house she saw no sign of the kitten. She shrugged and decided that Socks would show up on his own time, as cats are wont to do.

She had only truly become worried when she had begun to carve a purple pumpkin, and realized she still hadn't seen Socks. He was always home by now, after a long day of harassing the neighbors' baby bat that lived across the street.

Hexamora began knocking on her neighbors' doors, hoping at least one of them had seen him. Door after door, people shook their heads.

Finally, Hexamora reached the Haunted Shack. The Haunted Shack wasn't exactly a shack persay, but the house had been called that since before she had been born. She heard a ghostly wail come from inside, and shuddered. There had been stories about pets simply going missing around the shack, but that was just nonsense. Someone's lighira probably got to the neighbor's obnoxious prancing puffadores, not someone stealing random pets from around the shack.

She rapped her knuckles against the door, once, twice, and three times. She stepped back as the door began to open.

"Hello, how can I help you?"

Hexamora stared for a second. She hadn't known the Headless Horseman had lived here, or she wouldn't have come at all. "H- Have you seen a Vulnyx kitten around lately? He's about yea high, mostly black with tan colored paws?"

The Headless Horseman tapped the side of his head. "Mm, I haven't seen one fitting that description."

"Ah, thank you, and sorry for bothering..." Hexamora's voice trailed off as she noticed what looked like fur on his sleeves.

The Headless Horseman's carved grin seemed eerie in the fading light. "Don't you worry, Witch Doctor Hexamora, I'll try to keep an eye out for Sandy Socks. I probably won't be any help, after all, I have a little experiment I'm taking care of at the moment. You know how it is with experiments." He leaned in conspiratorially. "Also, I'd suggest taking better care of yours. After all, some seedy individual may come along and take them."

Hexamora stared in horror as the door slammed shut, and the ghostly wailing from behind the walls started up again.
Yugena
Level 64
Trickster
Threads: 12
Posted: 11/9/2014 at 8:26 PM Post #48
(A few words over 1000, I hope that's okay.)

Darkness ebbed and flowed in everyone's peripheral vision kept at bay only by the campfire the Prancing Puffadores sat huddled around roasting their spicy sausages. It was late tonight, the test of courage event hosted for the girl scout group named the Prancing Puffadores, they were all sweet young girls that liked to dress in pink and wear frilly dresses. The scout master for the group was an old withered draeyl named Hexamora, whom behind her back the scouts like to call her Witch Doctor Hexamora. On the hike through the woods to get to the campsite the girls and Hexamore found an injured baby bat and tucked it into a blank for warmth and away from predators on this cold dreary night. "Will it be okay Hexmora?"asked the squirming young vulnyx kitten named Sandy Socks, her fur was a nice cream sand color all except her feet which were white as snow. "All we can do is hope so sweet Sandy,"Hexmora said in her old broken voice,"now come here girls, how about a spookie story?"

Suddenly all eyes were on her, even Sandy's who had been worried over the poor baby bat since they'd found it. "Have any of you ever heard the tale of the Headless Horseman?"Hexamore asked and was answered by a unanimous group of heads shaking no. The story began, recalling the tale of the Sleepy Hallow and Igabod Crane, the ungainly young man that would one day have a terrible misfortune fall upon him. The children were enraptured with the story, and all squealed when Hexamore finished the tale with the headless man upon a horse with a carved purple pumpkin on his shoulders and his grotesque decapitated head in his arms. All the girls were squealing and giggling the noise eventually died down and out of the darkess they heard a horrifying ghostly wail. "Wh-what was that?"ask Sandy, her eyes big as the moon. "My dears,"Hexamore began her voice quiet and haunting,"didn't you wonder why I told you the story of the headless horseman?" She smiled a crooked and twisted smile that displayed a mouth full of predatory teeth, her eyes seemed to glow in the dim light giving her a menacing appearance. Hexamore suddenly didn't seem so old or frail anymore, suddenly a gust of cold wind blew through the campsite and the fire died with a snap. "Come here my sweets,"she said in the most alluring voice she could manage but with everything happening it only managed to make her more horrifying. "Run!"shouted Sandy, carefully picking up the baby bat and tucking it into her arms before she herself bolted, from behind her in the distance she her a mad cackling laugh.

They ran until their legs could carry them no longer, collapsing in a heap in a clear, it took them a while to realize there was a shack there with them. "I'm fre--freezing, one of the other girls huffed with their hoarse out of breath voice. "We can take shelter in the shack, at least we will be out of the cold,"Sandy said looking down at the small bat she carried, more concerned with it's well being than her own. It was an old and decrepit it looked like a haunted shack in the darkness and with fear clouding their minds, but any reprieve would be good from the cold. Inside it was significantly warmer if you ignore a few holes and cracks in the walls that let the wind in. A few moments later and everyone was huddled on the floor after catching their breath, no one spoke either from fear or shock, they did not even look at each other. A peculiar sound started coming from the only other room in the shack, a sort of scratching noise at first they ignored it, hoping it was just a tree limb scratch the side of the building, until the sound grew louder and more frantic."What is that?"a few of the scouts questioned nervously. "I'll go check it out,"Sandy said standing up and walking into the room, there she found a small latched door on the floor in the center of the room. a few of the girls peaked their heads into the door, but were very careful to stay out of the room. With great effort Sandy managed to pry the hing open, and shrieked at the top of her lungs, causing all the other girls to scream as well. There laid over the stairs was witch doctor Hexamora tied and bound.

Panicked the girls managed to maneuver her out of the cramped room and untie her. "Ms... Ms Hexamora?"Sandy asked, afraid it wasn't truly their scoutmaster they had just freed. "Girls,"she said with all of her authority, instantly bringing back the sense that this was the real 'witch doctor',"we need to get out of here and now." The wind was howling outside, leaves raining down on them and hissing through the trees. One by one they took hands and began following Hexamora back through the way they came originally to the campsite. Behind them they heard a sound, unsure of what it was they continued not hesitating, but the sound crescendo-ed and finally they were able to comprehend it. It was hooves, hooves tearing up the ground heading in their direction. "Run girls!"cried Hexamora pulling them on faster,"Run!" The sound grew louder. "Don't look back,"cried Sandy after turning and seeing the headless horseman in all his fury upon them. His pumpkin eyes glowed an eerie red, green slobber streamed from the horse's mouth and his head he carried seemed to smile. What a terrible smile. He laughed, a maddening laugh that echoed through the forest."Have a heart,"the horseman cooed,"I need a head," and then laughed at his own joke. He was right on top of them, ready to slice off Sandy's head when suddenly the horseman stopped. They had crossed the bridge, and were safe just like in the story. "Maybe next year,"the horseman laughed, the grisly head smiling and slowly disappeared back into the woods with an echoing laugh..

"We're safe now girls,"Hexamore said,"Yes. I think we're very safe now." Her voice was full of malice and her smile crooked and wrong. Sandy ripped her hand away from her in horror, terrified. Was this really the right Hexamora? "Lets go home girls,"she said teeth flashing.
Asviloka
Level 70
Ghost Writer
Threads: 89
Posted: 11/9/2014 at 8:44 PM Post #49
It began on a cool autumn night, much like tonight.
Cool wind seeped through the window-cracks and rain tapped softly on the windows, making even your own home feel like a haunted shack. You sat at your table, sketches spread out around you, a fat eggplant squatting amid them like a purple pumpkin. Your candle threw eerie shadows across the room, illuminating your drawings with its blue-white glow, glinting off the waiting carving knife.
You shivered, though you couldn't tell whether from a breath of wind or the tense anticipation that threatened to make your hands tremble.
This would be no mere ornamental carving. This night you planned to summon your first true familiar.
You knew you should have had your mentor here. For such an important occasion someone should be overseeing and few were more qualified than the witch doctor Hexamora. Night power never came without danger, and to a novice such as yourself a botched summoning could prove lethal.
You'd heard stories, of everything from useless items like sandy socks to whispered tales of an immortal monster like the headless horseman, only banished by great heroes of old.
But.
You just had to do this yourself. Not to prove something, nor any reason you could place; something about the ceremony just felt incredibly personal. You couldn't bear to think of anyone else watching, even your mentor.
You stacked a few rejected drawings of prancing puffadores, set them neatly aside. You took a deep breath, then another, hesitating as you tried to think of anything else to do except actually begin.
Nothing presented itself.
You placed the spellpage that carried your final drawing against the smooth purple skin of the eggplant. It clung tightly with the force of its enchantment. You picked up the carving knife with a last whispered incantation of protection.
As you made the first cut the eggplant emitted a long, ghostly wail. You jerked away, startled, as the shriek went on and on, echoing around the small room and setting your nerves altogether on edge.
The line left by the knife emitted a harsh red glow, standing out starkly amid the otherwise soft blue illumination of your candle.
Your breath came faster now, your heart beat loudly in your ears as the unearthly wailing finally subsided into a soft hiss, barely audible.
You suddenly wished you'd waited to do this with Hexamora, but you'd come too far to stop now. Starting a summoning but then not binding the rift you'd created would open into a full portal that anything could come through.
You continued, using both hands to keep the knife from trembling. Though you braced for it, there were no more ominous sounds and you finished the carving without incident.
You set down the knife and paused to survey the red-glowing final image with no small pride.
Almost done.
You picked up the candle and set the light against the spellpage. The paper burned off cleanly, leaving a lingering scent in the air vaguely reminiscent of spicy sausages.
You placed your hands on either side of your carved vulnyx kitten and whispered the final stage of the summoning ritual. With a faint hiss, the eggplant folded in on itself until it resembled an egg.
You frowned slightly at the sinister red mist that clung to the dark egg, wisping about eerily without leaving the area of the egg nor dispersing as normal mist would. You'd never heard of a Vulnyx familiar manifesting itself with mist.
Still. By all appearances the conjuring was a success. You had yourself an egg which would no doubt hatch into a lovely kitten for you to raise.
You picked up the egg, laughing with relief from the stress of the ceremony. You'd done it!
The soft flame-like mist tickled against your hand as you ran a finger gently across the shell of your future companion.
Then the door crashed open. The sudden draft sent your practice sketches flying, scattering the pages across the floor.
You spun to see Hexamora rushing into the room, her baby bat clinging to the back of her robe.
"Hexamora, you're back! Look!" You proudly held out the black egg, grinning to your mentor.
"Fool!" Hexamora lunged for the egg, dashed it from your hand. "Didn't I tell you to wait? Tonight of all nights. . ."
She raised a foot as though to crush your conjuring underfoot.
"No, you can't!" You dove forward to protect your familiar, snatched it to your chest protectively. "I did everything right. It worked! You can't take him away from me now."
Hexamora glowered down at you. "I told you to wait another day. You realize the amount of power in the conjuring you just did? Didn't I tell you what was happening this night?"
"You were leading a group of adventurers on a hunt?" You guess, hesitantly.
"Exactly. Tonight we hunted the Red Curse, a creature of immense power and cunning, one who many a hunter would be glad to hold in their service."
You glanced down at your egg, lying innocently in your hands. "What does that have to do with me?"
"You are not qualified to constrain such a fabled creature. Ryori are enough trouble without you trying to hold one with such a powerful darkness upon it."
"Ryori?" You'd heard of the creatures, but knew little about them.
"They're mostly innocent tricksters, but the Red Curse is different. And you drew one to yourself with your careless conjuring."
You looked again at the egg, suddenly wary of it. "What will it do to me?"
Hexamora shrugged. "No one has faced a Red Curse unprepared and told the tale. Now we must--"
The egg cracked.
Hexamora sighed. "I was too late."
You felt a split second of terror as something wrenched at your chest, an inexplicable feeling like your emotions were being torn apart, then calmly turned to face your would-be destroyer.
"Yes, you are."
Edited By Asviloka on 11/9/2014 at 9:02 PM.
Amirell
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 101
Posted: 11/9/2014 at 8:48 PM Post #50
Here is my entry :D 996 words ;P

The Witch Doctor Hexamora sighed miserably, What a crummy day! It was the day of Halloween but the date had held far more importance to Hexamora, for the 31st of October was also her birthday. Hexamora stormed up to her front door and flung it open in a rage, Why cant I have just one birthday go right! She cursed loudly. While stamping her feet crankily, Hexamora made her way inside her quaint home, slamming the door behind her.

Hexamora threw herself down onto her bed and felt around her bedside table till she grasped a small leather-bound book. Flipping it open she peered at the pages bearing a photo of each previous birthday and her eyes welled up with tears. You see the biggest problem with being born on the same day as Halloween is that things tend to always go wrong. With Halloween being a night of mischief, it had the habit of messing up things like birthdays. Every year had somehow managed to turn into a disaster and this year had been no different. That morning Hexamora had woken up bright and early and put on her favourite Purple Pumpkin outfit. She was so excited to go see her favourite band the Prancing Puffadores at the Halloween concert. Afterwards she planned to feast on the festivals famous Spicy Sausages and try to catch a Baby Bat in the following Halloween games. But alas, as she got to the festival the Headless Horseman crashed the party, ruining the festival entirely. All her birthday had delivered was misery and a pair of Sandy Socks from running through the woods away from the Headless Horseman.

Hexamora rolled onto her tummy and buried her head into her pillow, why cant I have just one good birthday, she thought to herself. All of a sudden her sobbing was interrupted by an odd noise. Hexamora lifted her head and looked around her room puzzled, it must have been nothing she thought. She hopped out of bed and wiped away the tears on her cheek. As she was about to walk into the next room she heard it again, Ooooooo, the sound wailed louder. The hairs on the back of Hexamoras neck stood up, ok she had heard it for sure that time. Ooooooo, It sounded again, Hexamora ran over to her staff and lifted it threateningly, Whoever you are, show yourself! She cried out.

Silence fell once again and Hexamora took a deep breath, she had to check the other room. She closed her eyes and quickly ran into the other room, swinging her weapon franticly in the hopes it would find the intruder before she did. Slowly she opened her eyes and was met with an empty moonlit room. She began to breathe slowly and relax but was quickly met with the same Ghostly Wail, Oooooo,. It was coming from outside. Hexamora lowered her weapon and moved over to her window and peered out into the mist nervously. No one was there. Oooooo, it cried again hauntingly. Hexamora gulped, she was going to have to go outside. She would never be able to sleep with that noise.

Shakily she moved towards her front door. Flinging the door open, Hexamora jumped outside and waved her staff around in a panic. But there was nothing but there was nothing there. Oooooo! it cried once again and Hexamora swung round to face the noise. All she could see was her garden shed that was sitting in her back yard. It was an old rickety shed, with holes, rotten wood and a cruel, curved like appearance. The children of the nearby village were terrified of Hexamora and her garden shed. They had often made up stories about how it was a Haunted Shack where Hexamora kept the bodies of her victims. That of course was ridiculous as the old shed merely housed her garden tools, which to be honest she never really used much and cared little that their home was in disrepair.

It really had been a long time since she had been in there last, all manner of foul things could have crept inside. Hexamora clutched her staff ever tighter and attempted to swallow her fear. Oooooo! the sound wailed and turned Hexamoras legs to jelly. Slowly, inch by inch she began to walk towards the shed, drawing closer and closer to the horrid wailing sound. As she got closer the horrid shack loomed over her looking bigger and meaner than it ever had before. Ooooooo! the sound shrieked in her ears. Hexamora clenched her staff and begin to move her other hand towards the door handle. Her hand shook timidly as it clasped the icy cold door handle. She began to turn the knob and braced herself for what she might find. In a split second she pulled the door wide open and pointed her staff at the entrance. She scowled angrily at the opening and waiting for the monster to show itself. She saw a flicker of movement and the figure began to move towards her. Hexamora tried to stop herself from shaking and the figure stepped out from the shadows. Ooooo oooo, it cried at her. Out it came from the darkness, there was claws first, then fangs, then glowing red eyes, it was black all over, it was it was A tiny Vulnyx Kitten She dropped her weapon in surprise and looked down at the big, sulky eyes. Oooo, it mewed at her and she bent down to pick it up. What are you doing here all alone, she cried. The kitten only purred and snuggled up to her chest. Hexamora smiled Well I cant leave you out here, I will have to give you a home and a name, how about banshee? The kitten seemed to mew in agreement. Closing the shed door behind her, Hexamora hurried inside with her new friend. She grinned happily, perhaps this birthday wasnt so bad, she thought to herself.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.