Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > Fall Festival 2014 - Spooky Stories
Page 3 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Kestral
Level 62
The Whimsical
Threads: 87
Posted: 10/26/2014 at 1:30 PM Post #21
On a dark, spooky night, two prancing puffadores met in the moonlight under a rickety old tree. The tree sat across from Witch Docter Hexamora's Purple Pumpkin patch. This was the closest piece of civilization to the Haunted Shack that was just down the lane. The two puffadores sat staring at the sight, each daring the other to go inside.
"Fine," said the first little puffadore, " I'll go in if you go in."
"That sounds fair," said the second little puffadore, surprised at the first little puffadores bravery, and not wanting to seem scared.
"L-L-Lets go then," the first little puffadore said, not expecting the second little puffadore to agree.

So the two little puffadores set out together up the lane. As they approached the shack, the smell of Spicy Sausages filled the air. The two puffadores tip-toed even more forward, till they sad on the mat of the old oak door. With a creak the door swung open on its own. The two puffadores shrunk back in fear, then not wanting to seem unbrave, headed forwards. The room was small with a broken down fireplace at one end. Above the fireplace was nailed two Sandy Socks from last Christmas. The two puffs sniffed the socks when a Vulnyx Kitten. With two loud yips, the puffadores scurried into a corner. A Baby Bat, disturbed by the yipping, flew out of its hiding place and out into the night. A Ghostly Wail was thrown into the air, along with the screams of a mad horse. Hoof beats were heard in the distance getting louder every second. The second little puffadore shrieked, "the Headless Horseman." And both little puffadores scampered away into the night, never to be seen again.
Cloudzy
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 9
Posted: 10/26/2014 at 5:11 PM Post #22
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=18226&page=1#6
Author: Fallyn
Time Posted: 10/24/2014 at 8:38 AM
There once was a haunted shack,
It's shutters were all painted black.
Inside lived a small baby bat,
Who wore an unusual hat.

He hated his old sandy socks,
so he filled them up with some rocks.
He placed them into a cardboard box,
and tossed them right off of the docks.

Witch Doctor Hexmaora promised him mittens,
which made him rather smitten.
But they were stolen by a large Vulnyx kitten,
and he was too afraid of being bitten.

The Headless horseman came looking for a head,
so he gave him a purple pumpkin instead.
He tied it on with some thread,
then quickly headed to bed.

Late at night he'd hear a ghostly wail,
and he'd quiver inside his tiny pail.
He whispered that one day he would sail,
to a new home without fail.

He drifted off into a dream,
of prancing Puffadores on a beam.
Spicy sausages were raining down in a stream,
As he sat in a big bowl of ice cream.
*claps*
Edited By Cloudzy on 10/26/2014 at 5:11 PM.
Cloudzy
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 9
Posted: 10/26/2014 at 5:12 PM Post #23
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=18226&page=3#22
Author: Cloudzy
Time Posted: 10/26/2014 at 5:11 PM
[quote=305959] *claps*

Sorry I needed to ping XD
Snowyh2o
Level 70
The Hallowed
Threads: 8
Posted: 10/26/2014 at 8:09 PM Post #24
In the land of Sylestia far away in a cave, a young Baby Bat has come out to play.
He followed the Ghostly Wail and what does he find? The Headless Horseman frozen in time.
Moving away to the Haunted Shack, following the trail of Prancing Puffadores and back.
Within the shack a witch comes out, named Witch Doctor Hexamora, she calls out:
Come in, come in! Spicy Sausages for all! Won't you join us? It'll be such a ball!
So in he goes and what does he find? A Vulnyx Kitten playing with a thread of twine!
Together they were handed Sandy Socks, given by Hexamora in a candy filled box.
Within his box was another gift, a Purple Pumpkin with wings for a lift.
As the young bat went home, gifts in hand, he slowly drifted off, dreaming of a candy-filled land.
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 340
Posted: 10/27/2014 at 12:36 AM Post #25
Edit: I'm so so so sorry for pinging you Fai, I just wanted to preview your post to have a quick look at the word list. ;A; I didn't mean to. >A< Sorry!

On the night before the start of the Fall Festival, there was a Headless Horseman, trying to polish up for his big day. But alas, he had no spare Pumpkin Head, because all the users of the year before took all his spares away!

So, atop his flaming steed, he rode to the house of Witch Doctor Hexamora, and asked if she had any spare pumpkins that he could borrow.

Hexamora giggled, and gave him a Purple Pumpkin, remarking that it was her last pumpkin that was left over after all of her mojo-making recipes. The Headless Horseman did not like this, because it was...well, purple! He asked if he could just have a regular pumpkin, to which Hexamora said that there were none readily available. Instead, she proposed that if she was given an item of orange color, she could interchange the colors and transfer the orange color to the pumpkin.

So the Headless Horseman looked high and low around the Festival Zone for orange objects.
First he rode to the Haunted Shack. When he knocked on the door, a Ghostly Wail echoed from inside, telling him to come in. Inside, there was a blue banshee and her vulnyx kitten sitting inside, making a stew in a cauldron. The horseman asked if she had any orange items that she could spare. The banshee wasnt sure if she had anything, but she had Spicy Sausages that she was cooking up for dinner. Alas, the Spicy Sausages were red! The headless horseman, who didnt really have a way to eat the sausages anyways, declined, and excused himself.

On the shores near the waterfront, the Headless Horsemans steed sniffed at a pair of Sandy Socks! The horseman inspected the socks, which were very sandy and looked like they were at least a year old. Alas, the Sandy Socks were brown! He left the socks on the shore (he had no respect and littered where he pleased), and rode away.

The horseman travelled into a dark cave, in hopes of finding something orange there. He found a Baby Bat, which seemed to be alone from its family. He grabbed the bat mercilessly, but once he brought it to the light, he saw that the bat was black! The horseman didnt expect the bat to be orange anyways, so he let it free, back into the cave.

Out of the cave hopped a few Prancing Puffadores, carrying buckets of orange candy corn! The headless horseman bent down to ask the puffadores if he could have some candy corn, but once the puffs saw him, they jumped with fright and ran away! The horseman felt bad for scaring them, but nevertheless picked up the spare candy corn and rushed back to Hexamora.

Hexamora giggled at the quest the horseman had to go through to find a simple piece of candy corn, but true to her word, cast magic that took the mojo of the orange candy corn and coated the purple pumpkin. The pumpkin was now orange! The horseman immediately carved a face into the pumpkin and put it on top of his head, now ready for the following Fall Festival.
Edited By Flute on 10/29/2014 at 1:43 PM.
Astrea
Level 59
Fright Master
Threads: 0
Posted: 10/28/2014 at 3:21 PM Post #26
One fateful halloween night, you are walking home from a halloween party by yourself after saying goodbye to your friends. After 10 minutes, you end up in a gloomy looking cemetary. All of a sudden, out of the corner of your eye, you see five prancing puffacores playing around what looks like a burning tree. When you fully turn around, blinking, you see nothing- just grass, gravestones and a tree... a not burning tree. After you shake off what you thought you saw, you continue walking through the graveyard... only to stop and turn fast when you hear a ghostly wail right behind you. You start running but fall multiple times as the wail follows you. You finally decide to take off your shoes and run in your socks. When you stop running to catch your breath, you realize the wail can no longer be heard and that you are wearing a pair of sandy socks. When you look around at your new surroundings, another cry startles you, but this cry isn't scary. This cry is the distinct noise of a vulnyx kitten. The kitten looks at you and starts sniffing your pocket. You realize it must be hungry because you have a chain of five spicy sausages in your pocket. As you reach for them, the kitten jumps at you and rips tha sausages out of your pocket, taking a small chunk of your skin with it. As you stagger away from the happy kitten, you come across what you think is a baby bat. But no. You think your night can't get any worse? Well, you're dead wrong. This bat is a vampire bat that is actually 200 years old and happens to be hungry. So, guess what? He sucks out two pints of your blood until he is satisfied. When he leaves you, you realize you need to go to a doctor, but there is only one in the near vicinity: Witch Doctor Hexamora. Hexamora ran her practice from a haunted shack in the woods, so you head for it. But on the way, the Headless Horseman comes along, using a purple pumpkin for his head. The second before you fully register what is going on, he has ripped your head off and left your body bleeding out on the ground under a burning tree surrounded by five prancing puffadores, leaving with your head. And then... you slowly... die........
THE END
Pets101creator202
Level 60
Seashell Collector
Threads: 14
Posted: 10/28/2014 at 5:32 PM Post #27
(1221 words sorry i went over)

A headless chance.

On the 30th of October a Halloween ball was being held by the count, he was a charming individual with enough power to attract any suitor be it women or man. He was well known for his parties, he always spared no expense and left us feeling delighted at the end of a wonderful evening with friends.
I remember him having black and silver Luporas come get us with a glorious pumpkin shaped carriage, the Lord Krinadon commented on how his carriage was a purple pumpkin and it matched his outfit so well.
Once we arrived we were ushered in and shown all his prizes and trophys. The few things alive and entertaining a few guests caught my eye, when I saw the prancing puffadores in tiny little pumpkin costumes and a little witch costume I couldn't help but look on in delight at how adorable they looked, the Lighiras looked on sleepily at us as we passed by, they too seemed to be watching the puffadores but I couldn't place why, they looked so hungry all of a sudden.
Then the counts son appeared and gave us a toast that Im sure no one would forget, he spoke like his father with power and an enchanting tone to his voice. The count seemed to be busy but would be down before midnight or so we were promised.
Food was served at 9pm and I couldn't resist having a few spicy sausageson my plate. I also piled on slow cooked potatoes, freshly picked veg and some lovely honey roasted gammon. Oh dont worry the sausages were for after for when I got hungry again besides one person cant refuse a meal as fine as this.
I remember seeing a few Vulnyxs looking down from their podiums but at the proud stern parents feet sat four little Vulnyxs as small as can be with kitten fluff and tiny eyes watching the colours dancing by. The vulnyx kitten that was the tiniest looked so cute and when it let out a tiny squeak the mother changed seats to comfort her young babies.
I moved on after the mother gave me a warning growl and I began to talk to a few guests.

I was wearing a long flowing golden gown with yellow flowers dotted around the corset and the bottom of the dress. My feet were warmed this evening by my favourite coloured socks, sandy socks I called them because they would blend right in with the sand if I took my shoes off on the beach. I had on a lovely golden necklace with a black gem nestled in the centre and a lovely bracelet with several little charms, my favourite was the Zolnixi charm. I also was wearing golden coloured shoes but its not like that matters especially when no one will see my feet.
The count had been gone for a while and his son seemed to vanish, but in the corner of a less crowded room nested high in the ceiling I remember seeing a tiny baby bat just watching from its hiding place. I moved on quickly when it looked right at me.
The sight I will never forget was seeing that horrid witch doctor Hexamora, dressed in a velvet black dress with silver skulls embedded into the design, waltz in like she owned the place, she laughed when people tried to shoo her from the party but its what she said that I will never forget

The headless horsemens coming, hes coming for your head so you better hurry now and get straight to bed. The headless horsemen rides under the moon tonight, he seeks vengeance and does it all out of spite. And you my dear can never be saved because the headless horsemen knows your name she spoke it to me and I stared in horror as her words sunk in, she then laughed with a wicked grin and vanished into black mist.

A chilling wind blew through the house and people scattered knowing the horsemen was about. I ran and ran as fast as I could, I had to cross the bridge but the mist made it so hard to see, then I heard it that ghostly wail the horsemen was close I had to get home but the mist made me lose all sense of direction and before I knew it I was in the woods running towards the only safety I could see very, very, faintly.

I pulled the door open and threw myself in but as I closed it I felt a chill run up my spine.
I turned to look at a women dressed in white staring at me through a veil torn by something that looked like nails. She reached out and I moved away, the haunted shack it truly did exist all this time I never believed anyone to return from here but now pushing it all from my mind I ran for the door and I heard her cry I ran through the woods but stopped at the giant oak tree below the moons watchful eyes.

I heard the clopping of hooves and before I turned I knew who it was, the headless horsemen was right behind me on a steed with blood red eyes and sliver hooves it was as black as the night and as tall as I. I turned to meet the Qitaris gaze and held back a scream.
Theres no where left to runFaiona said the headless horsemen, but wait a second I knew that voice!
I hope you enjoyed the party because this has got to be my greatest scare yet. Wont you stand up and look me in the eyes? he said, as I rose slowly I felt my face turn red and watching the so called headless horsemen revel his head.
Come on Faiona you cant be mad I had you good this year didn't I? he said with glee.
Alright Pets yes, yes, you did, are you happy now? You made me run, made me ruin my dress and I almost had a heart attackthis is your greatest scare yet. I smiled.
I cant believe you ever thought the headless horsemen was real. Come Faiona let me take you home. he said as he extended a hand, I took it and smiled as I held on to Pets back.
He was right, there was no such thing as a headless horsemen, it was all folklore and old wives tales. We crossed the bridge and he gave me a smile.
You okay? he asked, I was looking behind me as I heard the pounding of hooves on the bridge behind us and out the mist came the red eyed steed I screamed as the headless horsemen let out a cackle and closed my eyes as he reached out to grab us

I never opened my eyes. But I heard my name echo around me again and again.

The headless horsemans coming he knows your name, the headless horsemen never plays games. He takes what he wants and leaves in a flash. He comes in the dead of night and seeks out the one thing he forgot when he won a lot The amulet of Ichabod Crane attracts him like a moth to a flame.

Happy Halloween
Jaytayjay
Level 54
Threads: 2
Posted: 10/29/2014 at 10:45 AM Post #28
One night as I was sitting in my favorite chair, I saw two vampiric Prancing Puffadores on a hill. Suddenly, there was a Ghostly Wail and a Baby Bat skeleton snatched the first puffadore (which was the color of Sandy Socks) and flew away. The other ran to a Haunted Shack where Witch Doctor Hexamora lived and told her what happened. She immediately sent her zombified Vulnyx Kitten to rescue it. When he returned with the missing puffadore, they all had Spicy Sausages and Purple Pumpkin pie (donated by the Headless Horseman) to celebrate.
Lostwords13
Level 71
Vanquisher of Undead
Threads: 113
Posted: 10/29/2014 at 1:39 PM Post #29
-hopes its ok that i included links to the pets I used in the story- XD -jsut wanted a reference to who was who- XD

Me: "Gather round sylesties! Time for a scary story!"
Alai Ana: "This isn't the one about prancing puffadores again, is it?"
Winter Sonata: "Or the one with the spicy Sausages?"
Me: "Sh! Quiet! Let me tell my story!"
Why I let these guys explore on my team, the world may never know...

~One dark and stormy evening, late October, a group of explorers ventured into the dark sections of the woods outside Esior Fields, in search fo the Headless Horseman. The smallest of them, a vulnyx kitten named Setania...~

Setania: "Hey look, it's me!"
Me: "Seriously?! Let. Me. Tell. The. Story!"
Setania: "Sorry..."

~Setania was a little afraid of the area. she had heard stories of ghostly wails coming from deep within the trees, and as in no hurry to find where they came from. Her companions, however,w ere deeply interested in the myths, as well of the myths of a headless man riding a qitari.

As the group traveled on, Setania grew more and more nervous. The woods seemed to only be getting darker, and if she dared to look at the bushes alongside the path, she could occasionally make out little eyes peeking out at her. Finally,t he group came to a little shack. To the explorers, it looked to be abandoned.

"Come on, sylesties. Let's stop inside so i can empty out my sandy socks." Their owner, Losty, advised. Setania followed reluctantly.

Inside, the haunted shack looked a lot less fearsome. In fact, it was slightly homey. Losty took a seat on the dusty couch to remove her socks while the rest of the group stood guard. before long, one of the sylesties, Winter Sonata, let out a yelp. Setania turned to see a scary woman holding onto her friend.

"W-who are you?" Losty asked.

"I am Witch Doctor Hexamora. What are you doing in my home?"

"We were searching for the Headless horseman..."

"Oh, the horseman is just an old child's tale..."

"But...what about the wailing?" Setania asked timidly.

"Sorry...That's just my baby bat, Batty. He gets upset when I don't bring him a purple pumpkin..." ~

Me: "And that, my friends, is my scary story!"
Mairi: "...I think I liked the one about the prancing puffadores better..."
:Winter Sonata: "I think we need to teach Losty how to tell scary stories..."
Me: "-_-"
Cats4ever
Level 13
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 2
Posted: 10/29/2014 at 8:25 PM Post #30
Awesome story:))))))))))))))))))))
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.