Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Faiona
Level 75
Nature Walker
Site Administrator
Threads: 472
Posted: 10/23/2014 at 8:58 PM Post #1
The object of this game is to create an original spooky tale! There is a catch though...you must use the following keywords somewhere in your story! :)

Rules

1. Create your own spooky story using the following words somewhere in your tale. You must use all of the keywords somewhere in your story.

Prancing Puffadores
Ghostly Wail
Baby Bat
Sandy Socks
Haunted Shack
Witch Doctor Hexamora
Vulnyx Kitten
Spicy Sausages
Purple Pumpkin
Headless Horseman

2. After you have written the story using all of the provided keywords come back and post your story in this thread. Please try and keep your story to a maximum of 1000 words and if you could help me out please bold the areas of your story that include the keywords. :)

3. Please try and keep your story PG13 rated, so nothing that would be deemed inappropriate for Sylestia.

4. The due date for this is at the end of the festival, which is November 9th at 11:59pm server time.

Prizes

There will be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place as well as a participation prize for everyone that participates. Everyone that participates will receive the forum title: Fright Master

1st Place

1,000,000 Gold
1 Fall Festival Basket
3 2014 Visible Fall Festival Themed Pet
10 Lucky Tickets

Asviloka
Entropy
Flute
Hundenelsker
Kyokai
Lolidragon
Xavion

2nd Place

750,000 Gold
2 Visible 2014 Fall Festival Themed Pet
10 Lucky Tickets

Emgeal
Fallyn
Junbae
Savynn
Xovinx
Zelly

3rd Place

500,000 Gold
10 Handfuls of Candy
1 Forum Game Item

Amirell
Donmino
Flightofthedragon
Yugena
Edited By Faiona on 11/13/2014 at 9:20 PM.
Faiona
Level 75
Nature Walker
Site Administrator
Posted: 10/24/2014 at 1:14 AM Post #2
This thread has been moved to: Official Games and Contests.
Faiona
Level 75
Nature Walker
Site Administrator
Posted: 10/24/2014 at 1:15 AM Post #3
Time to play!
Echosparks19932
Level 56
Fright Master
Threads: 27
Posted: 10/24/2014 at 3:50 AM Post #4
It was Halloween night in the world of Sylestia and trainers were eating spicy sausages and drinking purple pumpkin juice. Everyone was happy. Until the headless horseman attacked! He swooped in a grabbed a small Vulnyx kitten placing it in a bag.

"Haha!" He shouted. "I will steal all your precious Sylestis!" He then grabbed some of the magical halloween prancing puffadores and rode off.

The trainers were scared "Oh no! Our sylestis!" Then some one came up with an idea. Witch doctor hexamora approched with a baby bat on her shoulder. "What seems to be the issue?"

"The headless horseman has taken our sylestis!" well the witch doctor knew that the horseman lived in the hanted shack on sandy socks road, so she went there.

She then used her ghostly wail to defeat the horseman and return the Sylestis, Sylestia was safe one again!
CuddlyFierc
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 179
Posted: 10/24/2014 at 6:56 AM Post #5
One Halloween night, a couple of sylestis where cuddled up in a Haunted Shack telling scary stories. A few Prancing Puffadores telling a story about the Headless Horseman.Then it was Witch Doctor Hexamora's turn to tell a scary story, she told one of a sound the was like a Ghostly Wail, they all snacked on Spicy Sausages and do e sylestis had some Sandy Socks. They all had fun, one even painted a pumpkin untill it was a Purple Pumpkin. But the sylestis kept scaring the poor little Vulnyx Kitten, and that made the kitten want to scare them, it ran outside and tried to think of a way to scare the sylestis inside the stables, it thought for a moment and had the perfect idea. The Vulynx kitten went into a nearby cave, and saw a Baby Bat. Meanwhile the other sylestis went to look for the little Vulynx kitten because she was missing to long, the went into the cave and "AHHHH!"
They saw the body of the little Vulynx kitten,or so they thought, the Vulynx came out and yelled "Boo!" The little kitten could have swore that night that one of the sylestis died of fright

Sorry if it is to long or short and thanks for actually doing this :)
Edit: fixed the story so it will count
Edited By Cuddly21223 on 10/24/2014 at 3:32 PM.
Fallyn
Level 61
Fright Master
Threads: 4
Posted: 10/24/2014 at 8:38 AM Post #6
There once was a haunted shack,
It's shutters were all painted black.
Inside lived a small baby bat,
Who wore an unusual hat.

He hated his old sandy socks,
so he filled them up with some rocks.
He placed them into a cardboard box,
and tossed them right off of the docks.

Witch Doctor Hexmaora promised him mittens,
which made him rather smitten.
But they were stolen by a large Vulnyx kitten,
and he was too afraid of being bitten.

The Headless horseman came looking for a head,
so he gave him a purple pumpkin instead.
He tied it on with some thread,
then quickly headed to bed.

Late at night he'd hear a ghostly wail,
and he'd quiver inside his tiny pail.
He whispered that one day he would sail,
to a new home without fail.

He drifted off into a dream,
of prancing Puffadores on a beam.
Spicy sausages were raining down in a stream,
As he sat in a big bowl of ice cream.
Coradrawa
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 154
Posted: 10/24/2014 at 9:02 AM Post #7
One night, a group of sylestians huddled around a campfire. Some had Sandy Socks from the sand which seemed to almost magically appear in their socks. One child was hugging a Vulnyx Kitten and another nervously eating Spicy Sausages.
Then a girl walked towards the group, carrying a Purple Pumpkin who's light lit up her face eerily. The girl then stopped by the campfire and tossed the pumpkin in, the group jumping as the pumpkin seemed to let out a silent scream.
The girl stayed standing as she began to talk.
" It was a night like this " she said in a faint voice, causing the group to lean in closer to hear her. " A night like this when a group heard a tale about the Headless Horseman and a way to summon him. The group travel to a supposedly Haunted Shack and at midnight, they commenced the ritual. "
The girl paused for a second to let what she said sink in before carrying on.
" They drew the runes on the rotten floorboards and all put one drop of blood on a piece of paper with the Japanese symbol for 'demon' on it. And then suddenly...the candles they used for any light flickered and went out before a Ghostly Wail was heard in the building. They hastily re-lit the candles and upon doing so, a Baby Bat fluttered into the room. One of the sylestian's pointed out the bat seemed injured. Now this sylestian just loved animals and wished to help it. So they took one of the candles and followed the bat. Alone. "
A nervous whimper was heard from one of the sylestians around the group, causing the girl to stop for a while and smile before continuing.
" The sylestian did not return for a long time. The group got worried when they heard it, a scream! They then went rushing into the building and what did they find?
They're friend, limp on the floor with ghostly shapes of Prancing Puffadores circling their friend's body, but almost as soon as the sylestians arrived did the puffadores disappear.
The group then checked on their friend who's eyes suddenly opened and sat up. Though the sylestian had no eyes. And their face twisted in that of a snarl.
The group were scared before the thing imitating their friend silently said, ' Let's play a game of Witch Doctor Hexamora...it will never end...we can play, forever! ' "

The girl stopped talking and shut her eyes as the campfire suddenly turned purple. " And with that, the group vanished from existence...but sometimes you can hear them screaming as they play the misterious game of Witch Doctor Hexamora! "
One of the sylestian's in the group laughed nervously as they spoke. " Yeah, nice try...not scary! " they said, then putting on a confident face. " Why would they scream if no one knows what Witch Doctor Hexamora is?! " they said, grinning happily at point out a flaw in the story.
The girl then smiled and raised her hands. She then covered her eyes and grinned. " Maybe...maybe it's because I have played it "
At that she lowered her hands to reveal her eyes were missing.
The sylestians screamed, stood up and ran from the forest. Sprinting all the way home.

Back at the camp fire the girl smiled as she slowly took the eye-contacts out. " They're so gullible! " she said before laughing and slowly walking after them.

( Not really that scary but...enjoy! )
Chidori
Level 60
Stocking Stuffer
Threads: 109
Posted: 10/24/2014 at 9:53 AM Post #8
Hidden in the woods of Umbra, just off the Garden of the Magnates, there is a rather torn down shack. With creaking doors and fall-away floors, the few travelers that pass by have come to know it as the Haunted Shack. So very original, is it not? Ah, they shall be excused however, as the ghostly wails that erupt from within do make even the bravest souls fret! (Oh, but that one jerky traveler, what's-their-face, that little! They had left tacky yard decorations all over the place in an attempt to make it look less spooky! How dare they! Plastic purple pumpkins and cardboard Headless horsemen! Humph!)
Oh. Yes, I suppose you wouldn't know why that makes me mad. I am the Witch Doctor Hexamora, and this "Haunted Shack" is my house. I live here with my Vulnyx Kitten, (Who I call 'sandy socks,') and all the baby bats in my attic! Really, my house is not that horrible. The inside is rather nice, if I do say so. But I simply must keep the outside looking so horrid! Otherwise every adventurer and their Prancing Puffadore would be banging at my door in all hours!
Hmm? Why would they do that? Well, I may be called a Witch Doctor, but really, I'm just a simple cook. My stinky old rival spread that after I beat him in a Spicy Sausage cook off. Humph! My Spicy Sausages can beat his any day of the week!
...Oh. Why am I telling you this? No reason! Sandy Socks, the Baby Bats, and I just got lonely. Drop in for some tea next time you pass by!
Taptothebeat
Level 71
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 212
Posted: 10/24/2014 at 12:20 PM Post #9
One autumn night, Sandy Socks, the Vulnyx Kitten was bored at home; she tiptoed out the door, out to explore, and to not awaken her sleeping mother. Sandy, didn't think much, and just moseyed along, taking in the moonlight.

As time went on, hungrier she became, "Oh what I would do for some spicy sausages right now!" she exclaimed to the moon. "Is that so, little one?" Sandy felt a chill go up her spine at the unexpected reply. A deep exhaling breath fell upon her.

Sandy slowly turned her head, in sudden intervals like a toy soldier, to sigh a breath of relief after seeing it was just her friend Hexamora, the qtari. But that relief was short lived, as there was someone above Hexamora, "w-w-wwithOut a-a-aa---" Sandy stuttered, while trying to make out the fact that they have no head.

"I AM THE HEADLESS HORSEMAN" the figure pronounced quite promptly and proudly! That was enough to make the little kitten's eyes shrivel up and turn to tears, and tiny ears sag.

Hexamora licked Sandy who was too scared to move to knock her back to her senses. "Sandy, It's halloween" Hexamora whispered. The little kitten's eyes looked up and sparkled. Only one word could come out, "CANDY!" Sandy said while jumping around as much as Prancing Puffadores do on a birthday.

"Ah but you need a costume first" Hexamora interjected, while taking her bracelet off. She placed the bracelet over Sandy's head to create a little Baby Bat bowtie. Now lets hear your Ghostly Wail the horseman taunted. "Merroaw~" Sandy exclaimed.

The three walked, or rather two, as the horseman was taking a free ride, to the next house to trick or treat. What stood in front of the trio looked no other than a Haunted Shack in the dark. Quite formidable a foe for Sandy. While candy was the joy of halloween, haunted shacks were not.

Sandy felt a little nudge inching her forward. "Thank you Witch Doctor Hexamora" Sandy said honestly and purely. Hexamora couldn't help but smile. Sandy trotted over to the house, gave the door a little nudge, and said with her best smile, "Trick or Treat!"

"Huh, what are you doing?" said a groggy voice. "Don't be silly now and come over here near me, my little Purple Pumpkin" "Yes Mommy" Sandy said as she went over and cuddled up next to her Mom. "And what is this costume", her Mom continued, "Halloween isn't till tomorrow."
Edited By Taptothebeat on 11/9/2014 at 2:04 PM.
CuddlyFierc
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 179
Posted: 10/24/2014 at 3:14 PM Post #10
Oops, do you kind if I fix my story, I did the wrong thing, I am just gonna edit that if it's ok
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.