Page 1 1, 2, 3... 28, 29, 30 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Faiona
Level 75
Nature Walker
Site Administrator
Threads: 472
Posted: 9/30/2014 at 6:27 PM Post #1
Hey guys! It's that time again! We're nearing the Fall Festival and before it starts we need the communities help creating themed pet designs! :)

To participate simply go to the Preview Generator (http://www.sylestia.com/account/generator/) and design some Fall Festival themed pets. The pets need to be inspired by something in the Fall.

Then simply come back to this thread and post the pets here, along with the pet image you need to also give a name to your design. So if you design a pumpkin themed Qitari, then post your image along with 'Spooky Qitari' as the design name. Please keep all your submissions to two forum posts, so it doesn't get too cluttered and yes you can do as many pets as you want. Only make a second post if your first one is full.

An important thing to note when you're designing your Fall themed pet is to make sure that all the hexes are filled out and to make sure to check through all the genes and mutations so that the pet will look appealing with any of them visible. When making your post I would recommend to include several visible genes and mutations on the pet, so I can more easily see what it would look like with the most things visible.

For anyone's design that we choose you will receive your choice of a two visible 2014 Fall Themed pet of your choice. You may only win one two visible pet, so even if we choose three of your designs you will only receive one pet.

Note: It doesn't matter how many genes or mutations you use, because these are just examples of themed colorations.
Edited By Faiona on 9/30/2014 at 8:53 PM.
Keys
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 40
Posted: 9/30/2014 at 6:31 PM Post #2

ghost Halloween ryori

i modeled the ryoir after the headless horseman because the best Halloween story is about the headless horseman and everyone knows the story.
Barcode454
Level 61
Mojo Master
Threads: 246
Posted: 9/30/2014 at 6:31 PM Post #3
CLICK PICS for Larger Versions!

2nd Post is HERE

Autumn Leaves Lighira:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autumnal Equinox Aeridini:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gizmo Luffox (Based on Gizmo from Gremlins)

Gremlin Ny'Vene (Based on Gizmo from Gremlins)

Pumpkin Spice Latte Aeridini

Van Gogh Aeridini (or Starry Night) (This fits in all themes technically ^^)

Graveyard Puffadore

Raven Aurleon

Apple Orchid Faelora

Secrets Untold Griffi

Charred Remains

Evergreen Aeridini

Harvest Moon Qitari

Edited By Barcode454 on 10/23/2014 at 8:37 PM.
Bebop
Level 75
Majestic Green Thumb
Threads: 13
Posted: 9/30/2014 at 6:31 PM Post #4
***Any White left in my designs is intentional***
Witching Hour Qitari

Smoke n Mirrors Qitari
Illusions and trickery are a halloween favorite!

Scared Stiff Draeyl
Don't Look Behind You!

Swamp Thing Aeridini
Creatures crawl from everywhere to terrorize your neighborhood! ;)

Iced PumpkinSpice Nytekrie
Autumn brings frost, pumpkins and spectacular holiday flavor!

Autumn Magic Faelora
In the quiet autumn wood, magic can be found!

Pumpkin Scream Ny'vene
I dare you to smash these pumpkins. Beware they might scream!

Autumn Breeze Zolnixi
There is just to much to love about Autumn!

Harvest Time Ryori
Yay food? um im running out of cleverness!

River Styx Sylvorpa
A river that separates the world of the living from the world of the dead in greek mythology.

Autumn Splendor Puffadore

Edited By Bebop on 10/10/2014 at 10:27 PM.
Nyoka
Level 59
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 15
Posted: 9/30/2014 at 6:33 PM Post #5
do we need to post the color codes and exact genes/mutations it would go with or just the picture?
Serabee
Level 70
Wondrous Witch
Threads: 66
Posted: 9/30/2014 at 6:34 PM Post #6
YAY! So, I MAY OR MAY NOT have started these pets during the summer festival. (okay, I did) I'll post what I've got so far, then probably add more later~

Candy Corn Luffox
Based on my favorite Halloween treat~ Not only is candy corn super yummy and festive, but the colors are so iconic and Halloween-y! This is my personal favorite of my designs and I really hope it gets used :3

Black Dog Lupora
A legendary ghostly figure, black dogs often wander graveyards or other areas associated with death. Some say seeing ones mean imminent death, others say its lucky. I mixed in some red with the design since they often are said to have glowing red eyes. Also, it looks pretty~

Lady in White Puffadore
Or it could also just be the Haunted House Puffadore. Ive often said a place isnt truly haunted until a lady in some color (red, black, white, etc.) wanders through it. Ladies in White seem to be most common, so I went with that. The daintiness of the Puffadore fit really well with the design. I tried to keep the colors pale and delicate, with a few darker shadows for a more shadowy look on some.

Death Qitari
Based on the horses of one of the four horsemen (death, of course) this Qitari is pale and sickly, like a corpse. Some interpret the color of it as green, so I added green for gene colors. Pretty straightforward.

Wendigo Morkko
Okay, growing up my favorite book was The Return of the Windigo (also spelled Wendigo, which seems to be what I see more often). Since then Ive been FASCINATED with the folklore behind the wendigo. A Native American legend, wendigos are spirits that can possess humans, giving them an insatiable appetite for human flesh. Theyre said to appear as incredibly emaciated (since they can never get full) and unearthly pale (since they can never get full, and are malnourished). I chose the Morkko for the design because its a forest dweller, like the Wendigo. It also has mutations like shaman feathers and antlers and things like that that give it a north woods sort of feel, since most wendigo legends originate in more northern tribes. For the colors I went with a white base and black and red accents. The red muzzle gives it a nice freshly fed look.

Will-O-The-Wisp Ryori
Or Will-O-Wisp or whatever. Based on the supernatural phenomenon of floating lights, said to be lanterns held by spirits wandering in the night. I thought the ghostly essence of the Ryori matched the theme PERFECTLY. I used smoky blues and greys for the base, but added flaming shades of orange and red and such since theyre flamelike.

Witchs Foot Bulbori
Or Rabbits Foot Bulbori, or Witch Bulbori, whatever works. But according to some stories (there are other origin stories as well, this is simply one of them), the reason a rabbits foot is considered lucky (and apparently a not-at-all horrifying thing to just carry around with you) is because its NOT from a rabbit, but from a shape-shifted witch (which is either less or more creepy, depending on how you look at it). So carrying it around was supposed to protect you from witches magic. For some reason, rabbits feet are still seen as lucky charms, even though a lot of people have forgotten where they come from. And they remain kinda weird. I went with mucky, muddy colors and greens that remind me of witches or of a bog you can imagine a witch lurking in.

That's what I've got so far :3 SOOO excited for the festival!
Edited By Serabee on 9/30/2014 at 6:57 PM.
Lakarr
Level 73
Frosty Hands
Threads: 47
Posted: 9/30/2014 at 6:35 PM Post #7
Nightmare Puffadore

Twilight Zone Sylvorpa

Autumn Birch Aeridini

Tail of Newt Bulbouri
Edited By Lakarr on 10/12/2014 at 1:19 PM.
Faiona
Level 75
Nature Walker
Site Administrator
Posted: 9/30/2014 at 6:35 PM Post #8
No, you just need to post the pet's image url. I can see the hexes in the url.
AaronAmpora
Level 65
The Hallowed
Threads: 148
Posted: 9/30/2014 at 6:35 PM Post #9
Since you said it needs to be inspired by "something in Fall" I'm guessing that means Halloween is included? Or would there be a different thread for that?
Edited By Aaronampora on 9/30/2014 at 6:36 PM.
Faiona
Level 75
Nature Walker
Site Administrator
Posted: 9/30/2014 at 6:37 PM Post #10
Anything that has to do with Fall includes any holidays that fall in the season.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 28, 29, 30
This Page loaded in 0.025 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.