Players 2,533 428
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,205,930 810
Generated 653,745 96
Captured 1,186,876 59
Bred 6,365,217 655
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Games, Contests, and Giveaways > Learn How to Play Sylestia Better, get 4...
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 340
Posted: 7/9/2014 at 9:24 PM Post #1
Closing applicants, lemme figure out what I'm doing here aha.
Will refer all possible applicants to guides in the mean time!

totally an experimental thing
also will tell admin when I come up with a more accurate title

also, please tell me if this post is unreadable, I'm trying to adjust the font sizes

Are you totally in love with this game but not sure how to go forward?

Have you been playing for MONTHS on end but have not been improving?

Are you having trouble earning gold or breeding things?

Is Vorpar kicking your butt up, down, and sideways?

Spoiler: Vorpar is the highest level boss, you'll be seeing him soon

Do you wanna learn a little bit more about Sylestia with a one on one experience?

Do you just have a lot, and I mean A LOT, of time on your hands this summer?

Would you like to be rewarded hundreds of thousands of gold for improving your Sylestia experience?

Then become an apprentice!

Be my apprentice under my wing, and I shall guide you with my advice, 100% tailored to YOU, on how to become a super-player!!! 8D

not really super, kinda pro-ish, but c'mon I gotta sell it

I, Flute, will guide you through any troubles or questions you have, holdin' your hand until the very end when you think you're so good at this game you'll have NO IDEA what to do with your time! very much like me

And better yet, if I deem you worthy of succeeding your apprenticeship, you'll GET GOLD! (sponsored by Zarhail \o/)

This is how the apprenticeship will work:

When you accept being my apprentice (and thus I shall know via the application what your concern area is), I shall start PMing you (or whatever media you prefer, I honestly prefer PMs) steps to take to become a decent player if you aren't already. c:
Common steps would be establishing a mission team, checking out the equipment your pets have, learning how to take on dungeons or festivals, and the like. (I have so much advice to pass down it's insane, and Sylestia isn't even a finished game yet)
Apprenticeship will last indefinitely until I believe you are decent at this game. Completing a task such as achieving 800k by yourself, defeating Vierna 5 times in a row, breeding a 4vis or better, or the like will let me know that you have heeded my advice (or learned by yourself) well, and you shall have your reward of gold (as judged partly by Zarhail and partly me) for succeeding the apprenticeship.
Edited By Flute on 8/14/2014 at 12:25 AM.
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Posted: 7/9/2014 at 9:25 PM Post #2
1. You will have to roughly fit these descriptions to become an apprentice:

-You have played Sylestia for a month or more, AND you play somewhat often actively
I am looking for people who like this game enough to play it for longer than 4 weeks, and still stay on for what it is. I am NOT looking for people who want to try Sylestia, and may drop it within a few days (I mean you're not going to get the gold reward unless you stick around anyways). The purpose of this apprenticeship is to improve people who love this game and want to play it on the long term but have trouble figuring out some aspects of it.

-You have a desire to become better at Sylestia, and would positively heed advice to do so
You probably should WANT to get better, otherwise you probably wouldn't listen to me hurdle advice at you. I might be too aggressive, but I want you to learn what I know, and apply it so you can have a better gaming experience. c: So if you're more of a loner type doesn't really like being egged on, this may not be for you.

-You HAVE TROUBLE with some aspect in Sylestia in general (whether it's making gold, fighting, trading, breeding, etc.)
This apprenticeship is for people who have obstacles or road blocks in their gaming experience of a month or longer, NOT people who easily excel. Often, if you put your mind to it, you should be able to progress in Sylestia (it's a particularly easy game). So I seek not to reward those who handle this game with ease, but those who need help and receive it with open arms.

-You will have patience but also the will to go through with this apprenticeship
I will push on you all the advice I have, hoping you'll improve in your apprenticeship. c: Please know it will come in the form of nagging PMs and stalking, as I do care for you (and this is totally voluntary, so do know you're basically asking for an overseer for your gaming experience when you sign up).

2. If you wish to apply to become my apprentice, please fill out this form and either post it here in the forum or PM it to me:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Username:

Name you prefer to be called:
(my personal preference is to call you by a derivative of your username, but if you prefer something different, that's okay)

How long have you been playing Sylestia:

How often or active are you when you play Sylestia:

What is your problem area that you'd like to receive help on:

Why would you want to become an apprentice:
(being an apprentice means you'll get PMs from me every so often, and I WILL expect you to follow my advice as often as you are active, so please keep that in mind that you're signing up for such!)

Do you know what you're getting yourself into: (are you agreeing that you'll actually listen to my advice, in the process of getting better in the game along with investing yourself a little bit more in it)

How would you like to be contacted: (PMs? Skype? Instant Chat on the site? I prefer PMs first, skype as an alternative, and any other way as your preference.)

Do you care more about the gold or the advice: (A new question regarding the gold reward as compared to the advice, because I'm worried about the gold depletion between me and Zar. Please be honest here, and you can PM me this part of your answer if you feel uncomfortable posting it. Because I'd like to distribute the gold where it counts and honestly if you follow the advice I'd give you, I don't think you'd be needing the 400k, as it is incentive to go through with this process.)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

3. I will accept you as my apprentice, put you on a list of apprentices I'm looking after, and shall send you PMs to help you on your way to improving yourself as a player!

4. Once I believe you have vastly improved since the start of your apprenticeship, I shall confer with Zarhail, a fellow sponsor in my apprenticeship, as to how much gold should be rewarded to you, depending on your improvements.

I will also ask you what you have learned from this apprenticeship, and if you liked your Sylestia experience. c:

If you have any questions, please ask me, either through a PM or through a forum ping!

Questions:
-Why can't I be an apprentice?
I would rather not accept:
a) players who are super-new, because they have yet to try the game wholesomely. The community offers a mentoring service (that I'm also part of) for new players who need various amounts of help.
b) players who find this game easy, as this program is one that will reward you for your performance and improvement after much time and achievement. I want to help people who are honestly struggling, along with offering incentive to listen to advice that will help them in the long run when playing Sylestia.

-Can I help apprentices?
Sure you can! While I take this process up entirely on my own (with help from Zarhail for the reward aspect), you can start your own apprenticeship quite easily (without a forum thread or anything). Just offer your help to any user who needs help. c:

-I'm shy, can I just contact you privately?
Why of course! PM me via social and I will respond. c: (Response time may vary.)

-Is there anything you can't help with?
Probably, but feel free to ask me any problem you have. If I have trouble with the area, I can direct you to someone who probably has more efficiency in it.

-When will I get the gold??
I will determine guidelines for you to follow, and goals for you to have. When you achieve those goals as my apprentice, and they have taken you far from where you were when you first started your apprenticeship, I shall determine a reward for you. c:

-What is the point of all this?
a) To pass off any advice I have to users who may need it.
b) To help out players improve their Sylestia experience.
c) To reward people who have invested their time in Sylestia already, and plan to invest even more time in playing for the long term.

-Will you run out of gold?
I would prefer not to run into this problem! That being said, I added a new section to the application whether or not the gold matters to you. (Honestly if you set up a mission team and ask about how else to make gold, you wouldn't need the reward, but it was offered as incentive to go through with this program if it was needed.) If you do NOT need the gold after everything you have learned in apprenticeship (and hopefully you don't, because doing missions really does bring in money along with other things), please do tell me so I can save the gold towards other things.
(Please keep in mind that these funds are mainly out-of-pocket, and while I try to accommodate to other users, I might have to shrink my fund allocation. s: )
Edited By Flute on 7/10/2014 at 2:13 AM.
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Posted: 7/9/2014 at 9:26 PM Post #3
List of Apprentices:

-Arux584
Level up a team, progress through Astryl's Vale, make a mission set if possible

-Jeaniec
Make mission set, work on nixi breeding project

-Maddytivon
Help with team building, progress storyline, breeding, festivals

-Ringaround x
Helped by Zarhail for team building
Can help with battle strategies and breeding

-Ivodince x
Pricing, progressing storyline, stat/regular breeding, mission/team building

-Magicflight x
Make a mission set if possible, breeding for vis/colors

(never fear, I will bump this loyally, whether I do or do not have apprentices)
Edited By Flute on 7/10/2014 at 12:35 AM.
Arux584
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 97
Posted: 7/9/2014 at 9:36 PM Post #4
I don't know if I can do this or not because ive been playing for almost a year lol

Name you prefer to be called: arux

How long have you been playing Sylestia: 254 days

How often or active are you when you play Sylestia: ever moment of everyday (give or take when I sleep )

What is your problem area that you'd like to receive help on: I only have one pet on level 60 and im stuck on astrals vale

Why would you want to become an apprentice: because even though ive been playing so long I know I can get better and better and I want to get better

Do you know what you're getting yourself into: yes some days will probably be frustrating but yes

How would you like to be contacted

it doesn't matter I always answer
( call me beep me if you want to reach me ) * hums kim possible theme song *
Edited By Arux584 on 7/9/2014 at 9:40 PM.
Arux584
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 97
Posted: 7/9/2014 at 9:37 PM Post #5
forgot to ping
Silverwintermoon
Level 75
Season's Greeter
Threads: 35
Posted: 7/9/2014 at 9:38 PM Post #6
Username: JeanieC

Name you prefer to be called: Jeanie or JC

How long have you been playing Sylestia: 214 Days

How often or active are you when you play Sylestia: Mostly everyday, not as active during the weekend.

What is your problem area that you'd like to receive help on: Building up gold, nets and working on my project Nixi

Why would you want to become an apprentice: I'd like to learn a better way of gathering gold, pricing pets for sale and how to better work on the project nixi.

Do you know what you're getting yourself into: Of course! Should I beg?? ( snickers )

How would you like to be contacted: Social mail or private message when I am on the site
Kinuna
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 86
Posted: 7/9/2014 at 9:54 PM Post #7
does the want to improve in the arena count >.>
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Posted: 7/9/2014 at 9:57 PM Post #8
I'm still trying to figure out the arena myself ;w; sadly, it isn't a point I'm really good at.
(I barely defeated the lvl25 tier QQ with stat pets and top tier gear)

So I can't really help there. ;A; It isn't my strongest point. Kicks my butt inside and out. I'll figure it out someday.
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Posted: 7/9/2014 at 9:59 PM Post #9
It's okay, I can help you out aha

Was aiming for people who played 2-6months to be honest. c: I'll start PMing you!
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Posted: 7/9/2014 at 9:59 PM Post #10
Yay! :D
Great to see you here ;w; I'll start PMing you as well~
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.