Forum Index > Q&A (Newbie Friendly) > Tips for Newbies
Page 123 1, 2, 3... 122, 123, 124... 131, 132, 133 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Cogwheel
Level 66
Threads: 0
Posted: 4/18/2020 at 10:06 AM Post #1221
Hello again!
I was wondering whether you can replay the story once you finish it.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Threads: 104
Posted: 4/18/2020 at 10:48 AM Post #1222
As far as I know, no. The story isn't even complete yet (site is in beta, after all), but it'll take a decent while for you to get to the current end.
Also, ping me with the blue @ button in the bottom right of my post or type my name in the "Ping Users" bar or else I might not see your question!
Dragonandwolflover
Level 31
Threads: 1
Posted: 6/2/2020 at 1:02 PM Post #1223
I am having problems exploring because I am only able to explore with my one pet. I have 4 now but 2 are hungry and I only have 99 gold. I can feed them this once. I don't have enough to put the others in a party once they are fed even now. So how do I get more gold without paying into the game? I can't afford that, I am on disability. Will someone please help me? Thank you.

@Dragonandwolflover
Beaubuddyz
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 157
Posted: 6/2/2020 at 2:53 PM Post #1224
Missions. Do missions. :)
Dragonandwolflover
Level 31
Posted: 6/2/2020 at 4:03 PM Post #1225
The mission or quests want me to trap and bring back the pets and I don't have the money to buy the traps
plus I don't even understand how to use the traps properly, because they don't work for me. lol I just end up
killing them. I put the traps on them over and over again until all my traps are gone and nothing ever happens
I don't know what to do. I don't know how to use a trap. I try doing it like you do moving stuff in the inventory
but it doesn't work. I am on a PC. my tablet isn't working. So doing missions with just one pet doesn't really work well. or do you mean the places where you go kill things? I never got money doing that I don't think. I got
things. like potions or other things. lol I never can find where I posted like this post I won't be able to find again I'm sure. lol I think I need one of those mentors. I looked in that thread but it was only for mentors. not people to get mentors. lol ok I'll stop.
Beaubuddyz
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 157
Posted: 6/2/2020 at 4:07 PM Post #1226
??? Can you take a screenshot???
Dragonandwolflover
Level 31
Posted: 6/2/2020 at 4:10 PM Post #1227
I don't know how.
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 6/2/2020 at 4:26 PM Post #1228
if it's a quest to 'catch' a pet then you aren't going to actually need a trap- it will be a non-battle encounter screen. The only quest where you actually catch a pet is the catching tutorial, which I assume you already completed since you have Prince the qitari

(eg, with the "find bella" quest you get this screen and then this screen (Images from the sylestia walkthrough)

Typically with catching wild sylesti, you weaken them slightly (remember that you can have pets skip turns rather than attack).
You can get higher-level traps from the merchant near the entrance of astryl's meadow (the festival zone- Explore > Seasonal Festival > Spring Festival Explore Zone)
We typed a bit of instruction on capturing pets here

Missions and quests are different things, guide to missions here- learn how to get a steady flow of missions going and how to do them well and they will serve you well. They're one of the best ways to make gold.

To add your second party slot, go to Esior's Haven and go to the plaza- there is a person there who will sell you the second slot (third is obtained in the second town) and also let you unlock more mission slots. (ignore the healer the healers just want to relieve you of your gold)
Dragonandwolflover
Level 31
Posted: 6/2/2020 at 4:45 PM Post #1229
As of now I only have 79 gold, so I can't buy anything. I can't make a party. Unless it is really cheap and if there is a way to make more money real quick, Somewhere by myself without other pets. Queen is the only pet
that I have been using so far. I don't even know if I can switch them out without paying. Thank you so much. Can I send messages to myself? I wish I could copy and paste some important messages
like this to myself so I can save it before I can't find it in the forms. I appreciate this so much.

@Dragonandwolflover
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 6/2/2020 at 6:59 PM Post #1230
to ping someone, use the blue @ symbol in the bottom corner of their post, or type/paste their username into the "Ping Users" box above the post options. You can ping yourself.

You can 100% swap pets without paying anything.
While you are exploring (I'd suggest just running through Trollsblight caverns for a bit), you can run into chests that can contain gold, and also get equipment from fights that you can sell (green/uncommon equips really aren't worth much else but to sell them)

Missions you can do for free also, I believe you start with two mission slots available (though it does cost gold to unlock the total of six) and access to either just the easy or both easy and medium missions (higher levels of mission unlock as you gain reputation/faction points with the respective town- and you can get those by doing missions)- just read the guide, set up some pets specifically for missions and Go.
Missions do not use the pets that are in your party (in fact, pets that are on your party cannot be sent on missions if I remember right)
If you gave Prince some Int-based equips (illusionist or evoker or arcanist) he would do very well in the low-level int-based mission you'll have access to (Planting Seeds)
(and frankly you could set Godiva-the-qitari's profs and she could steamroll any mission you currently have access to- you can't put her on your team, since you haven't raised a pet to lv70, but you CAN send her on missions)
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 122, 123, 124... 131, 132, 133
This Page loaded in 0.017 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.