Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 11/16/2022 at 6:44 PM Post #21
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=104463&page=2#20
Author: Fox
Time Posted: 11/16/2022 at 6:26 PM
Awesome job, definitely looking forward to the breeding grounds revamp now.

Just a suggestion though: I don't think the MotD should be scrolling. It appears it has changed to rotating through links now... which is better.... BUT... because the height of the message changes, the page length is constantly shifting the actual hatchery up and down as the message rotates. I think the MotD needs to have a static height and can either rotate through the links, or just shorten the message and keep it concise. *shrug*

I'd rather have the MotD scrolling than have the height of the page change every 20 seconds and have my hatchery shifting up and down.

Edit: or just get rid of the MotD. I don't know how useful it actually is. []: I personally never use it.

I was messing with some CSS styling. Try hard refreshing your page.

It shouldn't be doing as you're describing.
Fox
Level 75
Master Sylestiologist
Threads: 398
Posted: 11/16/2022 at 6:48 PM Post #22
Just looked at it now and watched. It definitely changes height and rotates through the info, which constantly adjusts the height of the MotD and therefore the height of the page. xD

Edit: Ah well now it's scrolling. lol
Edited By Fox on 11/16/2022 at 6:49 PM.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 11/16/2022 at 7:18 PM Post #23
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=104463&page=3#22
Author: Fox
Time Posted: 11/16/2022 at 6:48 PM
Just looked at it now and watched. It definitely changes height and rotates through the info, which constantly adjusts the height of the MotD and therefore the height of the page. xD

Edit: Ah well now it's scrolling. lol

Originally, the CSS styling for the new MOTD banner was embedded directly into the Hatchery page. I spent some time today globalizing some the CSS styles but I still don't have a good method of forcing everyone to redownload updated global CSS styles. So, it depends on the player's current version expiring or them forcibly updating to the new version.

I can definitely imagine things being borked if players are trying to view it without having updated CSS sheets.
Gerry
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 56
Posted: 11/17/2022 at 9:42 AM Post #24
Hi Krin! is it possible to add nurturing grounds button to the new hatchery maybe? Im so used to get there from hatchery, not from menu heh :)
Meeku
Level 75
Fancy Pants
Threads: 30
Posted: 11/18/2022 at 3:54 AM Post #25
Personally i don't think a scrolling clickable link section in the hatchery makes any sense.
I love to use the paragraph of clickable links that we have had in the past, i use it all the time.

With the scrolling text however, the space is very narrow and if i wanted to click a specific link i would have to wait quite some time just waiting for the link to show up.. also not all of the relevant links are in that scrolling message. Specifically the link to get to the brewing area quickly.

just a personal preference i guess.

Now the hatchery itself seems very functional and nice. it feels like i can see way more pets than before at a glance, sorting is amazing!

Only question i had is: Is there a way to make it so that we can have our 'ready to hatch' eggs show up in our hatchery like it used to after we click the egg icon that shows us that we have eggs ready to hatch?

It was just so nice to have the ready to hatch eggs be the first things we see after clicking the egg counter, instead of having to select 'ready to hatch' filter and refresh the page.. anyways great improvements on the hatchery all around : )

I agree with Gerry that a button to get to nurturing grounds from the hatchery would be nice, though i understand if we cant have everything 'just like it was'.
(i guess im really just a lazy person for wanting so many fast links)
Thanks for all the improvements!
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 11/18/2022 at 11:33 AM Post #26
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=104463&page=3#25
Author: Meeku
Time Posted: 11/18/2022 at 3:54 AM
Personally i don't think a scrolling clickable link section in the hatchery makes any sense.
I love to use the paragraph of clickable links that we have had in the past, i use it all the time.

With the scrolling text however, the space is very narrow and if i wanted to click a specific link i would have to wait quite some time just waiting for the link to show up.. also not all of the relevant links are in that scrolling message. Specifically the link to get to the brewing area quickly.

just a personal preference i guess.

Now the hatchery itself seems very functional and nice. it feels like i can see way more pets than before at a glance, sorting is amazing!

Only question i had is: Is there a way to make it so that we can have our 'ready to hatch' eggs show up in our hatchery like it used to after we click the egg icon that shows us that we have eggs ready to hatch?

It was just so nice to have the ready to hatch eggs be the first things we see after clicking the egg counter, instead of having to select 'ready to hatch' filter and refresh the page.. anyways great improvements on the hatchery all around : )

I agree with Gerry that a button to get to nurturing grounds from the hatchery would be nice, though i understand if we cant have everything 'just like it was'.
(i guess im really just a lazy person for wanting so many fast links)
Thanks for all the improvements!

I plan on allowing players to click on the word, "MOTD", to display a popup of all of the text/links for easy viewing. The problems with the current MOTD is that it takes up way too much space when there are a lot of things going on and it's beyond obnoxious for me to edit as I have to manually type it all in one giant HTML blob of text. The new MOTD is entirely automated. I can just add an entry with a start and end time stamp and everything just auto updates itself and works. I would also like to allow players to manually swipe/scroll left/right to move it, but I have to figure out the code for that first.

I can look into the Ready to Hatch Eggling thing. Should be feasible with some minor work.

And I do plan on adding a quick link to Nurturing Grounds right next to the quick link to Stables.
Edited By Krinadon on 11/18/2022 at 11:34 AM.
Meeku
Level 75
Fancy Pants
Threads: 30
Posted: 11/19/2022 at 8:17 PM Post #27
Yaaay! Thank you, the egg hatch icon led me directly to my ready to hatch eggs. The nurturing ground link is amazing too- it serves up my pets to nurture right away!
Loving the updates :D
Rosefire2
Level 43
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 0
Posted: 11/22/2022 at 12:14 AM Post #28
This is neat! I really like the growth bars being available right there in front of me en masse! Individual profile scrolling meant I didn't really bother checking much.

I tried seeing what species my eggs were after I got them, but alas, it doesn't tell me info I don't know! XD Which is good, because it means I don't have to report that your cool new filtering features have the unintended consequence of giving out forbidden info. It takes no chances, even when you ask for all the species, showing none of your smooth found eggs. I don't know about any other eggs since I only have the four. I'll probably test what happens with the already differentiated eggs when I can. :3

I do have a suggestion: maybe add a For Sale Filter. It'll make it easier for some of us with bigger hatcheries and those of us looking through them, in case we're just browsing.

I'm willing to bet there are others like me who go shopping for a Sylesti without knowing what exactly they're looking for other than maybe general descriptors like "pretty","cool","colorful", or "monochrome", if even that much, and sometimes I want to see if I can buy from specific people. Like the ones I come across Trick or Treating that I like something about.

If they have a lot of pages and a mixed bag or none for sale, such a filter would be very useful to quicken the process of finding out what's there. If I start selling, I'd also use it to help check that nothing slipped through the cracks/to the wrong side.
Gerry
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 56
Posted: 11/25/2022 at 1:44 PM Post #29
point is that for now we are not allowed to have pets in hatchery up for sale. we have to move pets to stables to put them for sale. that's why we don't need filter like that in hatchery :3
Rosefire2
Level 43
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 0
Posted: 11/26/2022 at 2:29 PM Post #30
I forgot about that change. Thanks for reminding me!
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.