Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Drakonis
Level 75
Crystalline Cleaver
Threads: 29
Posted: 11/4/2022 at 7:00 AM Post #1
Drakonis' Art Dump
~ a place where I occasionally post art and blabber a bunch of nonsense to myself ~

I've always wanted to make one of these, but never created anything I felt was decent enough to be displayed until recently. Anyway, I'll be dumping all the sylestia related art I've done in chronological order, though I am quite embarrassed by my first few pieces (especially the first one) XD

I take art requests here (closed): https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=104322

Will probably add a cover image in the future (once I figure out how to draw my avatar)

~

Contents:
Page 1: 2020 - 2023
Page 2: 2024 -
Edited By Drakonis on 1/4/2024 at 3:33 AM.
Drakonis
Level 75
Crystalline Cleaver
Posted: 11/8/2022 at 2:18 AM Post #2

[2020] Fall Festival ~ Pumpkin Carving (Digital)
Also my very first art-related submission on sylestia :')

I had planned to draw some sort of cool dragon thing, but uhh kinda gave up. For the sake of the participation prize, I erased a bunch of holes in the pumpkin, glow-brushed some red stuff at the back, and added some hatchings (of course, with the hatching brush) that, I now realise, didn't even stay within the template oops

Perhaps this was the moment I realised that I seriously had to do something about my digital art (if I ever wanted to get the diamonds)

[2021] Spring Festival ~ Create an Easter Egg (Digital)

I was actually really proud of this piece. I guess I still quite like the egg, and maybe the aeri (probably cos it was traced). But the other stuff look kinda weird hahah, especially the failed attempt of a cool signature at the bottom.

[2021] Summer Festival ~ Colouring Page

Somehow took a really long time to do this. Maybe because I had absolutely no idea how the shadows and lighting worked heh

[2021] Fall Festival ~ Pumpkin Carving (Digital)

Thankfully, I came across this guide on colour theory, which really enlightened me. Though I mostly just traced an image of my starter pet, Nightslash (but with the addition of flaming tail), this somehow got third (ahh, finally, diamonds). Maybe cos it was a pretty huge jump from my previous pumpkin entry hahah

Edit: Here is the very enlightening guide to creating colour schemes, in case anyone is interest :) (I still refer to it often)

[2021] Winter Festival ~ Colouring Page

Yikes, this took ages. I kinda regret using such a large canvas size, as there was much lagging. I suppose this was an improvement from my previous colouring page submission, but yeah, still need to work on the shadows and stuff. Oh, I was also quite pleased with the clouds then, but now I realise that they look a little, hmm, strange.

edit: had to switch to a much smaller version of the image

[2022] Fall Festival ~ Colouring Page

I'm rather pleased with this piece :D Although this took less time than my previous colouring page submissions, I think it turned out much better. Perhaps I am finally getting the hang of colouring. At least, when it comes to digital art (I still can't quite figure out how to use colour pencils, and I can probably forget about paint XD)
Oh yeah, also spent at least an hour trying to come up with a cool signature oops

[2022] Fall Festival ~ Pumpkin Carving (Digital)

I'm pretty happy with this pumpkin too! Yeah, still gotta work on rendering, proportions, angles (?) and whatever stuff... But overall, I think I'm one step closer to the cool dragon thing that I wanted to do 2 years ago. Maybe I'll try again next year heh

As I look back now, I guess joining sylestia has, in a way, helped me to improve my art. Partially thanks to the many art competitions available (and of course, their very attractive prizes). But also because it introduced me to many amazing artists (and yup I have to admit that I spend a significant amount of my time on sylestia looking through the posts on the art trade and art gallery, and admiring the art) Ahh plus the site art is also really cool :D
Yeah anyway, all these combined gave me the motivation to actually do something about my art heheh
Hopefully, I'll be able to, at the very least, continue to maintain this standard hahah

Well, that's all for now. Also, just realised that this is probably the most I've ever said here, so I'm gonna quickly post it before I freak out and change my mind lol
Edited By Drakonis on 12/15/2023 at 6:11 AM.
Drakonis
Level 75
Crystalline Cleaver
Posted: 11/13/2022 at 9:04 PM Post #3
[11/14/2022] Art for IzukuTheLupLord (#150327) ~ Yayami Suromia

Yess managed to draw another person :D I'm pretty happy with this piece, though I feel the shading for the hair is a little strange (but it looks fine so oh well). Talking about the hair, I'm not sure why I decided to make it pink and blue hahah (Perhaps I was craving some cotton candy or something)

I read this really good guide on drawing drapery and folds at least 10 times, but still don't quite understand how clothes work heh :') At least the final result looks a lot better than my previous attempts, which were so bad I deleted them immediately XD

Just realised that there is something very weird about the left hand, but it's a little too late to change it oops

Hmm, yeah I still have a lot to work on XD But I think it turned out a lot better than expected so woohooo
Edited By Drakonis on 12/15/2023 at 5:40 AM.
Drakonis
Level 75
Crystalline Cleaver
Posted: 11/28/2022 at 8:01 AM Post #4
[11/27/2022] Art for Hershey (#52711) ~ Mimikyu in a garden

Click here for a larger image

Ahh I'm really happy with this piece. Turns out I like drawing grass. And plants. But specifically grass (it's strangely relaxing). All thanks to this amazing guide on drawing foliage with a depth of field. Though I still don't quite understand the depth of field thing, and I might have gotten a little too caried away with the grass (the sky is so tiny oops)

I also did use some blend modes (which, to be honest, I have no idea what they do) to make the lighting look cool heh.

I think I have come to appreciate this Pokemon a lot more. Prior to this, I admit that I did find it more creepy than cute XD

Overall, I enjoyed drawing this really much. A little sad that I failed to make a pond or draw some cool flowers at the bottom, as initially planned (maybe I'll try again next time :'), but I think this piece still turned out great :D
Edited By Drakonis on 12/15/2023 at 5:42 AM.
Drakonis
Level 75
Crystalline Cleaver
Posted: 12/16/2022 at 5:42 AM Post #5
[12/12/2022] Art for 0cloudyclieryx0 (#159370) ~ Alolan Ninetales

Finished this a few days ago, but I was too lazy to post it here. Hmm... I was stuck for a pretty long time while doing this (partially because I happened to get a cold), so I decided to grind in the LG until I got bored lol

I dunno why but I initially wanted to draw the ninetales from the back view. That sort of failed though, which is why it's now drawn from the side view (or at least it's supposed to be). I just could not visualise how the tail would look like from the side, and hence, it ended up looking... weird eheh

~

References:

Followed this YouTube video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYg6fgO-jvs) to make some watercolour brushes for Procreate.

Then followed another YouTube video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8K0REV1SDw) for the mountains at the back. (It turned out pretty well, which is kinda cool, considering how I absolutely suck at traditional watercolours XD)
Edited By Drakonis on 12/15/2023 at 5:25 AM.
Drakonis
Level 75
Crystalline Cleaver
Posted: 3/19/2023 at 8:50 AM Post #6
[12/28/2022] Art for Kittyauthor (#110698) ~ Kittyauthor's OC

Finally remembered to post this after about 3 months oops. I was overall pretty happy with how it turned out (especially the pants for some reason lol). There are some stuff that look a little off though, like perhaps the eyes and the cat? Yeahh, I need to figure out how to draw cats XD

~

References:

Referenced heavily from the lovely art done by other people, found in this post: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=104322&page=2#20

The pose was based on some google image which I'm a little too lazy to find.

Guide to drawing cats: https://monikazagrobelna.com/2019/07/24/sketchbook-original-how-to-draw-cats/
Edited By Drakonis on 12/15/2023 at 5:44 AM.
Drakonis
Level 75
Crystalline Cleaver
Posted: 3/19/2023 at 9:11 AM Post #7

~

[3/17/2023] Art for Vineyiea (#86550) ~ Lieke's Christmas

Unfortunately, I didn't manage to make it in time for Christmas XD

Actually started on this in December, but got kinda stuck for a few months. Finally stopped procrastinating a few weeks ago and decided to just redo the whole thing (not that I had made much progress in the first place). Glad that it turned out pretty well in the end!

It's been some time since I've tried doing a bust (or at least I assume this is a bust), cos the last time I tried one... I ended up with a random, tiny head thing floating in the middle of a blank canvas :') But I think I'm ready to try more busts in the future.

~

References:

Awesome artwork of Lieke done by other people: https://toyhou.se/4839712.lieke

This image for the snowflakes hahah: https://i0.wp.com/www.smilingcolors.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/How-to-draw-a-snowflake-step-by-step.jpg
Edited By Drakonis on 1/4/2024 at 3:00 AM.
Drakonis
Level 75
Crystalline Cleaver
Posted: 9/4/2023 at 7:42 AM Post #8
[08/05/2023] Art for Chiknluvr (#128798) ~ Chiknluvr's OCs

Click here for a larger image

~

References:

Adorable reference images of the chicken and cat by Chiknluvr: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=104322&page=3#24

Enlightening guide on placing characters in perspectives (definitely need to look through this again): https://www.howtodrawcomics.net/placing-figures-in-perspective

Guide to drawing cats again XD : https://monikazagrobelna.com/2019/07/24/sketchbook-original-how-to-draw-cats/
Drakonis
Level 75
Crystalline Cleaver
Posted: 1/4/2024 at 3:02 AM Post #9
[11/25/2023] 2023 Fall Festival ~ Colouring Page

Finally remembered to post this. I was happy with how it turned out :D
Drakonis
Level 75
Crystalline Cleaver
Posted: 1/4/2024 at 3:08 AM Post #10
[11/25/2023] 2023 Fall Festival ~ Pumpkin Carving (Digital)

Kinda did this to celebrate the fae revamp! Also the last artwork of 2023

~

References:

a bunch of images of faelora and real-life deer
Edited By Drakonis on 1/4/2024 at 3:09 AM.
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.