Players 2,533 428
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,205,930 810
Generated 653,745 96
Captured 1,186,876 59
Bred 6,365,217 655
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Roleplay Games > ~Once in a Blue Moon [RPG]~ (Open)
Page 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Threads: 104
Posted: 1/14/2023 at 12:56 AM Post #71
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=104133&page=7#66
Author: Orcastration
Time Posted: 1/8/2023 at 12:54 AM
Mikas pauses, a thoughtful expression followed by a battle of emotions on his face as he does. He nods once, drawing back the coins for a bit and setting them on the nearest table.

"I suppose you should know- it's not really a secret. Probably the most open secret around these parts, it's literally my whole buisness." Mikas says as he fumbles with his gloves until he can pull one off. "It's probably why Aiyoe sent you here- I was cursed some time back. Hope you're not squermish."

He shows you a somewhat blackened hand, like it's been burnt but not quite the way it should have been. It's most prominant nearer the palm of his hand, and stretches out in a sort of starburst, the scars darkening again near the tips and joints of his fingers. "Gnorome and I crossed paths while I was traveling here. A friend of mine accidently touched a nerve with him, and well, he wasn't a fan. Got a bit salty Naishil wasn't concerned about being turned into a frog or only being able to speak Lipping, so he decided to drop it on me instead. Whatever I touch dissolves into black ash,and can reform again later depending on how I touched it. It really doesn't change anything, but that pen wasn't a very good one. I was hoping I could just destroy it and call it a day without any hassle." Mika explains.

"So, you wanna trade?"

They tilt their head thoughtfully. On one hand, if this pen is some sort of anomaly as Mikas had suggested it was, it might still be worth something more to him. On the other hand, it's probably not worth much to anyone else, and after hearing Mikas talking about it, they judge that they think it's worth that much to him, even if it is peculiar--after all, he had mentioned that other things could reform again. Best to just take what they've got fair enough. They give Mikas an affirming nod and hold the pen back out--that is, after waiting for him to put his glove back on so that he doesn't accidentally disintegrate it and then refuse to pay them.

Well, at least now they know a bit more about this Gnorome person is who's supposedly going around cursing people. They'd better stay clear of him, seeing as they really don't need a curse to make their life harder on top of everything else. Especially if it's anything like Mikas's--having to deal with disintegration hands would definitely be a disaster with handling a ship, they conclude, subconsciously fiddling with the bandages around their own hands.
Edited By Larkian on 3/16/2023 at 9:19 PM.
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Threads: 316
Posted: 1/14/2023 at 5:08 PM Post #72
MIkas happily trades you, and slips the pen back into his pocket.

"Anyways, I'll show you where you can stay. I don't really cook, but there's usually food in the kitchen, feel free to take some if you get hungry." Mikas says as he starts up the stairs. "I don't get out too often, so if you're looking for something in particular outside of this general area it'll be a coin toss if i know where to find it, but most of the iirections are pretty clear, I think."

He leads you to a plain door. Inside the room, there's a simple bed, a desk, and a nightstand with a lamp. There are a few paintings on the wall, and a shelf above the desk holds what looks like a globe. A brochure and a map sit on the desk. A clock on the wall looks like it's pointing at it being midnight.

"I'm afraid it's not much- this room used to be mine a long time ago. I didn't have the gloves at that point, so it's a bit barebone," Mikas apologies. "It should work for you though. Bathroom's down the hall, and if anyone ever comes calling just point them to teh backyard. Unless it's not a customer, in which case just let them in. If you need anything, I'll be down in that clutter of a living room. Otherwise you're fre to roam around, just don't like, come in drunk in the middle of the night or something. Oh and the room at the end of the hall is mine."

Mikas smiles, and then he leaves you to your own devices.
Noha
Level 70
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 43
Posted: 1/18/2023 at 10:22 AM Post #73
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=104133&page=7#70
Time Posted: 1/12/2023 at 2:01 AM
('Tis fine lol, dw about it)

The path seems to be used, at least to some extent. It's at least clearly marked, and as the sun rises (much too quickly, you note), you notice that the leave above you start to shirvel up into smaller versions of themselves.

The city is farther than you thought, but not ridiculously far at the same time. As you go, you start to pas more and more buildings. They range from small cottages peeking out from behind hedges and bushes, to larger manor houses far up long paths. As you pass, you see very few people wandering about.

At one cottage, painted a dark brown with a red roof, you see a short man in a blue coat tending to his garden. He barely gives you a glance as you pass.

On the other side of the road is a tall figure in a long skirt and large hat, carrying a basket of leafy red things and clearly headed for her front gate. Behind her, her house mimics the one the short man lives at, though her house doesn't have quite as many plants growing around it. She waves when she sees you.

As she looks around she tries to take in as much as possible, still trying to figure out where she might be. She notices the sun and leaves questioning what is happening but quickly dismisses the thought believing her mind is just playing tricks on her in the new surroundings. She sees the man, wondering what he is doing. About to go over to him to ask, she notices the woman as she waves. She decides not to disturb the man gardening and go over to talk to the woman.
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Posted: 1/19/2023 at 1:05 AM Post #74
"Hello there, traveler!" The woman greets. Her voice is on the higher end, and a bit melodious. "I haven't seen you before.....I certainly wasn't expecting anyone at this time. Where are you from? Iogriven, perhaps? I know they have quite the unique sense of fashion out in the Far Reaches...."
She pauses, before realizing something. "Oh right, I forgot to tell you my name. I'm known as Lady Aiyoe Kaydoss , the color wielder. But you can just call me Aiyoe."
Noha
Level 70
The Sweet Tooth
Posted: 1/19/2023 at 11:06 PM Post #75
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=104133&page=8#74
Time Posted: 1/19/2023 at 1:05 AM
"Hello there, traveler!" The woman greets. Her voice is on the higher end, and a bit melodious. "I haven't seen you before.....I certainly wasn't expecting anyone at this time. Where are you from? Iogriven, perhaps? I know they have quite the unique sense of fashion out in the Far Reaches...."
She pauses, before realizing something. "Oh right, I forgot to tell you my name. I'm known as Lady Aiyoe Kaydoss , the color wielder. But you can just call me Aiyoe."

"oh, um, nice to meet you?" she says with uncertainty "Oh and I'm Miyoshi, Mino works as well" she quickly adds. "do you..... um..." relizing she spoke to soon not knowing what she was going to ask she stumbles out "would you...happen to know where we are?" "I was....um... out on a walk and...got a bit turned around" she spits out at the end hopping she doesnt sound to weird.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Threads: 104
Posted: 1/21/2023 at 8:33 PM Post #76
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=104133&page=8#72
Time Posted: 1/14/2023 at 5:08 PM
MIkas happily trades you, and slips the pen back into his pocket.

"Anyways, I'll show you where you can stay. I don't really cook, but there's usually food in the kitchen, feel free to take some if you get hungry." Mikas says as he starts up the stairs. "I don't get out too often, so if you're looking for something in particular outside of this general area it'll be a coin toss if i know where to find it, but most of the iirections are pretty clear, I think."

He leads you to a plain door. Inside the room, there's a simple bed, a desk, and a nightstand with a lamp. There are a few paintings on the wall, and a shelf above the desk holds what looks like a globe. A brochure and a map sit on the desk. A clock on the wall looks like it's pointing at it being midnight.

"I'm afraid it's not much- this room used to be mine a long time ago. I didn't have the gloves at that point, so it's a bit barebone," Mikas apologies. "It should work for you though. Bathroom's down the hall, and if anyone ever comes calling just point them to teh backyard. Unless it's not a customer, in which case just let them in. If you need anything, I'll be down in that clutter of a living room. Otherwise you're fre to roam around, just don't like, come in drunk in the middle of the night or something. Oh and the room at the end of the hall is mine."

Mikas smiles, and then he leaves you to your own devices.

Ah, a room to themself with no weird decor, just how they like it. How nice, even if they are stuck on dry land for the time being. Oh, and rather conveniently, there's a map, too. Perhaps they could get to like this place. Maybe, if there's a dock nearby, they even can get a boat--oh, never mind, they're currently lacking in funds. That does dampen their plans a little bit.
After Mikas leaves, they pick up the brochure and map and study them intently without bothering to sit down or even take off their coat, intending to commit them to memory as soon as possible (especially the latter). The globe they give a quick spin but don't look at as closely--it's helpful for getting one's bearings, but less so for more precise navigation, which is more useful to them on most occasions.
Once they're done, they wander downstairs again to find Mikas. Maybe they'll silently follow him around for a bit, just to see if they can get more information and learn a bit more about the local goings-on--it'll help them figure out whatever's happening and what exactly this place is like.

(Is it actually midnight or is the clock broken lol my sense of time is malfunctioning)
Edited By Larkian on 1/21/2023 at 8:36 PM.
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Posted: 1/28/2023 at 1:35 AM Post #77
Aiyoe hums. "Ah, unfortunate but understandable- those paths up that way are a dream of perfection, I'll tell you. Miyoshi or Mino, huh? Not a bad name, We're just outside of Juncturne- city of the crossroads, hard not to run into it if you're a traveller. Though, you're a mighty long way from the next nearest town- ijf you came from up that there mountain, the next town on this path's a good day's travel."

She gestures vaguely at the city down the hill. "I'm afraid I'm not much help beyond that- horrible twith geometry and all. Old Flowerpants over across the street's almost as bad. If you have no idea how to get back to wherever you came from though, there's plenty of folks up in Juncturne with a good map."
Edited By Orcastration on 1/28/2023 at 1:36 AM.
Noha
Level 70
The Sweet Tooth
Posted: 1/29/2023 at 12:02 AM Post #78
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=104133&page=8#77
Time Posted: 1/28/2023 at 1:35 AM
Aiyoe hums. "Ah, unfortunate but understandable- those paths up that way are a dream of perfection, I'll tell you. Miyoshi or Mino, huh? Not a bad name, We're just outside of Juncturne- city of the crossroads, hard not to run into it if you're a traveller. Though, you're a mighty long way from the next nearest town- ijf you came from up that there mountain, the next town on this path's a good day's travel."

She gestures vaguely at the city down the hill. "I'm afraid I'm not much help beyond that- horrible twith geometry and all. Old Flowerpants over across the street's almost as bad. If you have no idea how to get back to wherever you came from though, there's plenty of folks up in Juncturne with a good map."

"Ok, thanks" she says putting her hands in her pockets and turns around to leave only stopping briefly to say farewell. "hmp, that wasn't to helpful" she mumbles to herself "well at least i know where i am, maybe i should go into the city". As she starts to walk down the path she feels the small pouch and stops remembering the strange leaf. Looking back at the tending to his garden she wondered if he could give her any incite on what what it could be.
Letting her curiosity get the better of her, she turns around and walks up to the man and says "Excuse me, sorry to bother but, as seeing that you are working with plants, i was wondering if you would be able to help me identify a plant i found, well not necessarily a plant but a leaf but its from a plant so close enough, right?" Realizing she was rambling she spits out "ak, sorry, im probably talking to much" and quickly pulls the leaf from her pocket and holds it in front of her then asks "do you think you can help?"
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Posted: 2/2/2023 at 11:06 PM Post #79
(now where would be the fun if i told you that? If it helps, the sun was still hanging from the sky. Whether that is midnight or not though....hm....)

The brochure is written in what you think is the common toungue, but upon closer inspection, is strangely...off. Perhaps because the letters are all backwards. Something tells you that the words are in the right order, though. There are a few pictures on it- mostly of the city, sweeping landscapes, and a helpful but slightly vague city map with the streets and major districts marked, in the strange writing of course. The map is much more helpful, though stil writing in that strange writing, and shows most of the surrounding area around Journie, such as "nearby" cities that are definitely not nearby and some larger landmarks.

The city is surrounded by mountains and deserts, which you saw yourself. A rive trails along part of the mountains' base, with a watermill what you assume is a short distance from where you were originally if the line marking out a singular squiggly path from the mountains to the city is any indication. There seem to be more houses and streets then you initially noticed, oddly enough....

A city is marked in the desert and another some ways pas tthe mountains. At the edge of the desert, far from Journie, is what is probably an ocean. What is either an ocean or a large blob sits some distance from the city., a large canal that runs in the middle of Journie leading to it. There doesn't seem tobe any real dock area, bu on the brochure you see markings for bridges and viaducts. There are likely no large boats nearby, though perhaps you might get a smaller one if you can obtain the money and resources.

At least the globe makes a nice whistling noises as it spins around.

Mikas is in the cluttered living room, concentrating as his hands press against a large wooden....something. It looks suspiciously like a toilet seat, but it has sevearl large dents and cracks in it, rendering it almost unrecognizable in nature. Ash falls from the wood as Mikas works on it, falling onto a large sailcloth spread over the floor. He doesn't look up as you enter.
Edited By Orcastration on 2/2/2023 at 11:06 PM.
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Posted: 2/2/2023 at 11:13 PM Post #80
The man looks at you with his head tilted, then reaches out so he can observe the leaf better. He makes a noise of affirmation, and you notice his amber eyes sparkling with interest.

He hands the leaf back to you after a minute, before standing up and walking to a large pot on his porch steps. You realize he's a lot shorter then he seemed at first. When he returns he's holding a pot filled with simillar leaves.

A voice rings in your ears as he shows you the pot.

These are elbory leaves. They turn a different shade when they are not attached to their stem, but a special mutaton some have do not do this. Some who find them say they're unlucky and you should instantly pawn it off on someone, or burn it- they return to the owner otherwise. Others say they're lucky and bring great fortune. I don't believe in either, so if you don't want any bad luck, you're free to give yorus to me. Otherwise you can keep it and go on your way.
The voice is gentle, like the breath of the wind. Somehow, you know it's coming from the man in front of you whose eyes are shimmering purple.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.