Players 2,440 389
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,234,189 1,275
Generated 655,955 49
Captured 1,189,822 102
Bred 6,388,320 1,124
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 2022 Fall Festival - Avatar Item Design
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 8/31/2022 at 5:00 PM Post #1
Hello everyone! We will be holding an Avatar Item Design contest for the 2022 Fall Festival! Please make sure to read the rules carefully!

Contest Rules

1. Design Avatar Items for this Festival. Please use the provided bases to draw your designs on.

Male Avatar Base
Female Avatar Base

The following can be included all in one entry for Avatars:

1-3 Avatar Held Items
1 Avatar Outfit Item (Male and Female options allowed)
1-3 Avatar Head Item
1 Avatar Cloak Item
1 Avatar Accessory Item
1 Avatar Tail Item
1 Avatar Wings Item
1-2 Avatar Aspect Items
1 Avatar Background Item

2. You must draw your new Items on the provided Avatar bases. If you feel that your drawing skills aren't great, then you can include a description in addition to your drawing in order to help us better envision your Items. If you are unable to draw something, then we are sorry, but there will be no exceptions. Your submission must look like it required some amount of effort to create. For example, drawing a few straight lines on a canvas and saying that they're "armor" will not count towards participation.

3. Avatar Items submitted must be Themed to this Festival. This means that it can be anything related to the season, such as any holidays that occur within the season, weather, etc.

4. Please do not reserve posts. If you reserve a post, we will delete your post.

5. Please do not Ping me with your submission. Please only Ping me if you have a question.

6. Before submitting your entry, please make sure to scan the thread to see if someone else has already done something similar. Try to make your entry unique and if someone has already done something that you were wanting to do, then we highly suggest that you pick something different. If you feel that someone has "copied" your design, please do not say anything to that person - especially in this thread. We will intervene ourselves if we see something that's suspicious.

7. You may only submit ONE official entry for the Items listed above. If you wish to submit more, then you can send me a PM with drawings of your ideas. However, all PM'd entries that are sent to me will not count for prizes.

8. IMPORTANT: By participating in this contest and submitting your designs to us, you agree that we, Sylestia Games LLC, will retain full rights to your submission to use as we see fit for the purposes of Sylestia.com and Sylestia Games LLC. You will not receive any royalties or reimbursement from us if we decide to use your designs, or otherwise. Any designs that we pick will be recreated from scratch by our art team; we will only be using your submission as a reference for said artwork. We reserve the right to alter your design in any way that we see fit and are not obligated to adhere to any specific depictions or descriptions that are provided.

9. DO NOT comment on someone's entry unless you have something nice to say. If someone copies your entry, then have faith in us that we will determine the correct winner. Please do not fight over entries. If we see anyone doing this in the thread, then whoever is fighting will be disqualified and potentially receive a Forum Strike.

10. The end date is September 18th, 2022 at 11:59 PM server. After that, there is no guarantee that we will see your entry and the thread will be locked once designs are picked.

Important Copyright Infringement Notice

We are very aware that it's typical to use Google and/or other providers to search for ideas when designing artwork. However, it is extremely important that all of your submissions are created entirely by you and are not copied from another's work. If you are using other artwork as a reference, please ensure that your submission is changed sufficiently to be clear and obvious that it is indeed your work. This is extremely important, not just for ethical reasons, but also for legal reasons when we are implementing something onto our site. Thank you!

Contest Prizes

The following are scheduled to be the prizes for this contest. Please note, these are subject to change. However, we would not do so without a good reason to change them.

Winners
(Players who have their designs picked)
Prizes: [Peerless Avatar Token] x1, 3-Visible Fall Festival Themed Pet of Choice (2-Visible if Majestic) x1, Re-Colorable Avatar Items of Winner's Entries if applicable, Pre-Colored Avatar Item Set of Choice of Winner's Entries if applicable

All Participants
(With valid entries)
Prizes: [Fabled Brew Catalyst] x1, [Mystery Brew Catalyst] x2, [Premium Vial Holder] x3, [Box of Brewing Supplies] x1, [Box of Brewing Agents] x2, [Legendary Avatar Item (Fall - Retired)] x1, [Chocolate Coin] x1,000
CeruleanCrow
Level 75
High Warlord
Threads: 86
Posted: 8/31/2022 at 5:14 PM Post #2
[ Cosmic Cultist / Galactic Zealot ]
Spa c e :)

Female Avatar Display
Wears:
Galactic Zealot Robes (Outfit Female)
Galactic Corruption (Tattoo Female)
Galactic Zealot Crest Short (Head)
Galactic Zealot Warlock Staff (Held)
Galactic Zealot Summoning Sigil (Aspect Item)

Male Avatar Display
Wears:
Galactic Zealot Robes (Outfit Male)
Galactic Corruption (Tattoo Male)
Galactic Zealot Crest Long (Head)
Galactic Zealot Rift (Held)
Galactic Zealot Wings (Wings)

============

Aspect Design

Helds and Tattoos

Companion plus Head Item

Full Wing Design

Edited By CeruleanCrow on 8/31/2022 at 6:04 PM.
Eclipsedmoon
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 15
Posted: 8/31/2022 at 5:37 PM Post #3

Base: Patched

Aspect: Oiji seeing eye gold
Its supposed to say as above so below, as within so withought. its suppose to be made out of wood w the letters carved and have a gold outlining

With base:

Hand Held: Cursed doll

Eclipsedmoon
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 15
Posted: 8/31/2022 at 5:38 PM Post #4
SOOOO PRETTY, what id there was a red design???
CeruleanCrow
Level 75
High Warlord
Threads: 86
Posted: 8/31/2022 at 6:05 PM Post #5
Your too kind thank you! I can see admin potentially doing a red color scheme, but you'll have to wait and see! I'd love to see one personally.
Hiraeth
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 187
Posted: 8/31/2022 at 6:58 PM Post #6
time to resubmit mine o7

Alchemist's Outfit
-Alchemist's Beret
-Alchemist's Outfit
-Alchemist's Sigil
-Alchemist's Flask
-Alchemist's Snake (or Jewel) Staff

Colors:
-Philosopher ('s Stone?) (red, gold, browns, etc)
-Aurum (or Albedo) (ivory, white, gold, yellows)
-Argentum (silvers, black, grey, blues or purples)
-Genesis (greens, more nature-y tones)

The hat has lace on the bottom, and the red hair framing the avatar's face is braids. Meant to be a different color from the rest of the hair. Buckles, buttons and lace are a big thing on the outfit. The belts also have some bags for storing alchemist things. The female outfit does have some hanging tassels on the right side.
There's a snake on the staff because of the caduceus thing? Don't remember where that came from :p
Whole outfit has a bit of a victorian vibe.
Head, Outfit, Back, 2 held. Color scheme displayed could be called Philosopher's Stone?
Agilupa
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 23
Posted: 8/31/2022 at 7:30 PM Post #7
Haunted Apothecary
inspired by the fact that my hometown has a haunted apothecary shop

So I did most of it on the female base lol. First is the hair, Apothecary's Locks. I was thinking of both a long and a short option, with the short being on the male base at the bottom in red. I've also done four different potential color palattes based of poisonous minerals used as dye, but only used the Arsenic and Cinnabar palattes.

Next is Apothecary's Night Cloak. This is pretty much the same for male and female. I only finished the Arsenic palatte for this one.

Next is the outfit, Haunted Apothecary's Garb. I have the female one with the Arsenic palatte isolated, and the male with the Cinnabar palatte is at the bottom. That one has the Locks too. The male one is admittedly missing a pouch and some glowing herbs (whoops) but should be about the same as the female.

Now to the helds! I had two options for it, but I didn't really flesh out either one. One is the Apothecary's Pill Bottle. The other is the Apothecary's Lancet (which is a blade historically used for the same purposes as leeches in European/ Early American medicine)

I did include an Accessory, but that also didn't get fully colored. I think I intended for him to have glowing eyes or the like.

So here's the full female base ensemble with the lancet! It is once again in the Arsenic palatte, but if you look to the top left corner I have the other palattes labled there.

And last but certainly not least, is the male outfit and short hair. I have the outline of the cloak there but it didn't get colored in.

So this is based on a Revolutionary War era Apothecary and Physik Shop in my hometown, that is allegedly very, very haunted. I thought it would be an interesting thing to think about. That is also why the clothes are the way they are. I was legit looking at one of my coworkers who also works in that apothecary shop (I work in a haunted historic tavern in the same organization) and stole his fit. So they're pretty historical. I had a lot of fun making these, and I hope you all enjoy!
Echosing
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 49
Posted: 8/31/2022 at 8:33 PM Post #8
Name ideas: Spirit Tag

(^ full outfit)

(^ wings and tail)

(^ head, outfit and held)

v Head: v
Main ideas:
-there are seals hanging in the hair
-the hair is held together with 2 bands, the seals are hanging from the first band
-the horns are rough and not smooth, like jagged crystal, magical looking
-hair is wispy/floaty without hard lining

v Outfit: v
-spell tags hanging from outfit
-wrappings around visible arms, maybe also legs

v Wings: v
Main ideas:
-dragon like
-magic veins on the skin part
-thin skin, maybe veins noticeably pop outwards
-colorful, magical looking
-spell tags hanging from wings

v Tail: v

Main ideas:
-tags attached to tail
-fluff along the tail

v Held v

-fire creature/spirit(or ryori)
-a creature coming into being from burning tags(visually the back end of the creature is yet to be fully burned pieces of paper)
Edited By Echosing on 9/6/2022 at 11:51 PM.
Synnove
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Threads: 19
Posted: 9/1/2022 at 9:20 AM Post #9
Wheee, Avatar Item Designs!! :D

I tried to build an outfit around autumn leaves, so...

Autumn Emperor / Empress Outfit

The boots / leg armor is made out of bark, the vest is made ouf ot leather, the buttons of the vest are leafs

Autmun Emperor / Empress Hair (has some nuts, leaves and pearls as attachments, the hair fades like the leaves do)

Wistirio
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 38
Posted: 9/1/2022 at 11:15 AM Post #10
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.