Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Threads: 316
Posted: 10/8/2022 at 12:18 AM Post #121
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=103296&page=12#112
Author: Larkian
Time Posted: 9/24/2022 at 5:50 PM
(Shh say nothing about my own failure to respond and my lips shall be sealed in return)

Livvy takes the bag and in exchange drops the money on the counter. "Thanks, and as it just so happens I am- once I deliver this, I'm heading off to wherever the raod takes me." She says cheerfully.

"Also, neat little trick you've got there. Beats a stepstool any day, I'll bet." She chuckles. The idea of being able to turn into a cat at a moment's notice- now that would be fun.
Eid0lon
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 43
Posted: 10/8/2022 at 6:25 PM Post #122
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=103296&page=12#120
Time Posted: 10/7/2022 at 9:23 PM
(aw, sounds adorable haha)

She hums thoughtfully, slowing the horse down to a trot as you begin to pass by the first houses in town. It seems to be smaller than Perell, and there doesn't appear to be anyone about the street at this hour. "I see. Well, in that case, I think I'll stop by for a bit--been riding all night, I think I could do with a break. You, on the other hand, are not allowed to cause a commotion--or touch the horse--while I'm gone, got it?" Without waiting for you to answer, she continues, "Do whatever you want, or come with me if you'd prefer, it won't take long."

"I think I'll come with you. I dont particularly feel like accidentally touching your horse or causing a commotion and getting vaporized today. . . What are we gonna go do?" She got ready to jump off the horse and continued to observe her surroundings, trying to guess what town this was.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Threads: 104
Posted: 10/11/2022 at 10:48 PM Post #123

He looks up, interested, at your reply. "Just wandering, hm?" He sweeps the silvers off the desk, flicking one into the air and catching it again. "If you haven't got any plans in mind, would you be interested in doing something for me? It's a bit of an odd request, but I'd pay you a hefty sum if you'd like." He doesn't elaborate further than that.
Edited By Larkian on 6/8/2023 at 12:54 AM.
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Posted: 10/11/2022 at 11:37 PM Post #124
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=103296&page=13#123
Time Posted: 10/11/2022 at 10:48 PM

He looks up, interested, at your reply. "Just wandering, hm?" He sweeps the silvers off the desk, flicking one into the air and catching it again. "If you haven't got any plans in mind, would you be interested in doing something for me? It's a bit of an odd request, but I'd pay you a hefty sum if you'd like." He doesn't elaborate further than that.

"Might just take you up on that offer," Livvy chuckled as she takes her things. "Don't you be handing it off to someone else before I get back, I do like the sound of a hefty sum."

She leaves with a wave and a call of "thanks" before she's heading back to the outskirts of town. She'll walk back later and pick up that job from Mr. Cat Shifter. After all, what's the worst that can happen?
Edited By Orcastration on 10/12/2022 at 12:56 AM.
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Threads: 10
Posted: 10/12/2022 at 10:58 AM Post #125
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=103296&page=11#109
Time Posted: 9/10/2022 at 12:25 AM
(*flails arms* I live! Sorry for the late response, for the past two weeks I had no time to log on let alone type up a reply ;-;)
(Aight, added mild injuries lol. Perhaps he got chucked out of a dilapidated house with no actual glass or something?)

On the bright side (though you could honestly probably do with a little less light right now), at least you won't be starting with nothing. Through some stroke of luck, you'd managed to hang on to your few meager belongings through the chaos of last night's...shenanigans, and though they're hardly the most game-changing of possessions, it's still something. And, perhaps the light is actually for the best, as the unsavory sort you frequently end up tangling with are less likely to do so in broad daylight. Risking another night here probably isn't wise, but you do indeed seem to have at least enough time to get your things in order before you go.

The discomfort from the dampness and your injuries makes it a little more difficult than usual to gather your concentration to attempt the invisibility, but you manage to pull yourself together and hold it long enough to watch your hands turn translucent, then fade completely before your eyes. You can't afford to move your head to check without breaking your focus, but you're instinctively certain that the rest of you has gone the same way. You haven't quite mastered the control to vanish only parts at a time yet, anyways. With your only practice having been for a forced minute or two in the mornings (funnily enough, it always seems to work much better in moments of panic than when you're intentionally trying), you're far from proficient, but you've gotten steadier over time. Today, you manage to keep it up for a decent few seconds before the mental strain forces you to release it. Yes, progress is slow, but you're certain you're seeing improvement--when you'd first started your little routine, you could scarcely fade a perceptible amount before you'd had to drop it.

It takes you a few moments to mentally catch your breath before beginning the next part of the routine, so it's somewhat surprising when it goes better than the first. Perhaps the real ambitious part of this exercise had been turning your hair to black, considering how...well, not black your hair is normally, but it's worth a shot. Your hair doesn't instantly turn black, of course, but much like your invisibility it darkens over time until it's, well, not black, but a dark brown before you have to struggle to push it further. Good enough, so you switch to shortening your hair. You don't quite manage to hold both at the same time, as the color of your hair starts to fade back to ginger the moment it begins growing shorter, and you're unable to hold onto one without letting go of the other. Still, it's a rather significant achievement, the way you've managed to transition smoothly straight from one transformation to the other without dropping your focus, and you're certain it lasted a bit longer than the invisibility. For someone who's taught themself entirely from scratch, it doesn't seem like bad progress.

(Same, same, and another same just to change things up, lol. Feel bad taking this ping before my responsibility to narrate for you lot but I've left Whimsy hanging long enough!
As you probably got from CK, I have a nasty habit of coming up with new and outlandish stuff as I go along. Should never be OP stuff though (I mean I've not even started yet and I've landed Falcon with injuries lmao), but y'know. Tell me to shut up where necessary xD
Yeah that'd do it just fine. Worst case would be a couple of splinters then)

He blinks at the realisation he isn't entirely bereft of his possessions, checking through his satchel. It's been through a lot, but he'll be keeping it another day by the looks of things - his apples and refillable flask are still there. His mind drifts as he contemplates where he could be now if that pile of coin from last night had ended up in his satchel, too. In hindsight, probably an early grave.

Anyway. He's forgotten to check whether he's hungry or thirsty. He shakes his flask, his memory hazy over whether he filled it or not. He looks dubiously at the dripping roof, wondering whether it would be any good to fill his flask with. Likely not, though it might be worth checking anyway if this is the last time he's near a water source for some time. He looks down at himself and thinks irritably: Other than being drenched, that is.

I'm doing alright. But why can't my abilities be consistent? he frowns. He knows practise is important, if aggravatingly slow; at the same time this situation is vastly different to one where he could really do with their aid. Like if the worst case scenario should happen and he gets grabbed... so it's up to him playing it smart and getting out of this damn city as soon as he possibly can. Before evening, at the latest.

In any case, from this morning's observation, it appears that transfiguration is an incremental change to his appearance, while invisibility is a boolean effect so far, while he hasn't yet mastered the intricacies of controlling it. He wonders if there are any books on the subject - but by the way Fantastical beings themselves are treated, he doubts somehow that a book written by one will be incredibly popular.

Rising, he can't help but shiver in his uncomfortably damp clothing. Until he makes a decision about the water supply, he'll try to stand in a sunny spot for a little while in the hopes the warmth dries him out at least a marginal amount. But he's not staying here for too long - the urge to get moving is itching under his skin and he finds himself glancing around himself in anticipation of an intruder.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 10/15/2022 at 11:52 PM Post #126
"I just need to send a letter and buy a few things. I need to talk to some people at the post office, too, but it shouldn't take more than an hour or so in total," she explains as you continue on into the town. Before long, you've reached the town center, where you see hardly more than one or two passerby milling about. Still, the post office is open, and as you approach, she stops the horse, dismounts, and helps you down while still holding on to the reins. "See if you can catch any local gossip while you wait, won't you?"
Eid0lon
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 43
Posted: 10/19/2022 at 5:06 PM Post #127
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=103296&page=13#126
Time Posted: 10/15/2022 at 11:52 PM
"I just need to send a letter and buy a few things. I need to talk to some people at the post office, too, but it shouldn't take more than an hour or so in total," she explains as you continue on into the town. Before long, you've reached the town center, where you see hardly more than one or two passerby milling about. Still, the post office is open, and as you approach, she stops the horse, dismounts, and helps you down while still holding on to the reins. "See if you can catch any local gossip while you wait, won't you?"

Uh, alright. I'll keep an ear out." Saying this she took off her hood so her ears could hear to the best of their ability. She doubted that she would hear anything interesting, especially for the girl. Itd probably just be daily stuff, but she promised anyways.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 11/5/2022 at 10:46 PM Post #128
The jingling of the door bell (and the heady scent of flowers, but significantly less) fades behind you as you make your way back to the outskirts, packages in hand and remaining money in pocket. The neighbor's son is no longer waiting on the porch, but just as you head up to the door, it swings open, like he's been waiting for you this whole time. He waves brightly as you approach. "Did you get everything all right, miss?"
Edited By Larkian on 11/5/2022 at 10:46 PM.
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Posted: 11/6/2022 at 1:02 AM Post #129
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=103296&page=13#128
Time Posted: 11/5/2022 at 10:46 PM
The jingling of the door bell (and the heady scent of flowers, but significantly less) fades behind you as you make your way back to the outskirts, packages in hand and remaining money in pocket. The neighbor's son is no longer waiting on the porch, but just as you head up to the door, it swings open, like he's been waiting for you this whole time. He waves brightly as you approach. "Did you get everything all right, miss?"

"I hope so," Livvy smiles. "I think that very nice guy got everything on the list, at any rate." She pulls out the items to show the boy. "Any idea where we go from here? I don't really dabble in the medical field."
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 11/22/2022 at 1:10 AM Post #130
(Ayy, dw about it, it's perfect :D)

There's a bit of hunger gnawing at you, though it's not to a distracting degree--as it was, you hadn't noticed too much until you thought about it, so you can probably afford to ignore it a bit longer. Your mouth is quite dry, though, so it looks like you'll have to find some water soon. Unfortunately, your flask is empty--indeed, it's quite nearly the only thing that isn't wet at the moment, seeing as even the apples are, tragically, also somewhat damp. At least the water dripping looks clear enough (and it's rainwater, so probably fresh), though that could well be a deceiving appearance considering the state of this place.

The sun is pleasantly warm against your damp skin and clothes, though its effect is diluted a bit by a cool breeze blowing in through the gaps in the shack's walls. It seems like today's weather is shaping up to be mild after last night's rain. Before long, you and your clothes feel a little drier, if not a bit stiff. It is unlikely that you'll be discovered now if you've made it through the night, but the less than stellar quality of this place isn't doing much for any extra security. Plus, if you head out sooner rather than later, you'll be able to get farther away from here by the time night falls.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 12, 13, 14... 24, 25, 26
This Page loaded in 0.015 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.