Username:
Password:
Activate Account Forgot Password?
Advanced Search
Active Players on Sylestia
Category Total Yesterday
Players 3,211 553
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 7,442,491 2,544
Generated 575,537 499
Captured 1,102,856 232
Bred 5,764,062 1,813
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Roleplay Games > Whimsy [RPG]
Page 12 1, 2, 3... 11, 12, 13, 14 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Larkian
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Joined: 5/15/2018
Threads: 100
Posts: 16,741
Posted: 9/14/2022 at 7:52 PM Post #111
(Gosh sorry for late response, I have literally had no time to type up anything gee thanks school)

The nearest person, a vendor--you're not quite sure what kind yet, as her cart of wares is covered with a tarp to protect it from the rain--is struggling to set up a small awning that should be just big enough to span the length of a table. Unfortunately, the vendor herself is also quite small, and seems to be having trouble keeping it in place to properly prop it up, what with only being able to hold down one corner at the time. It doesn't help that next to her are a whole group of vendors who seem to be unable to unload their goods without crashing into everything around them, and the wares of the vendor on the other side are making some sort of strange, high-pitched whistling noise that only adds to the confusion.
She whirls around, startled, as you speak up, which unfortunately causes the pole she's been trying to hold up to come crashing down, barely missing you. "Oh! Me? Yes, well..." she glances back at her pathetic excuse for an awning, which is currently caught on a pole and whipping around in the wind like a flag of surrender, "...I could do with some help, if it's not too much trouble? I, er..." she glances back at her still-unloaded carte, "actually, if you help me with setting up everything, I'd be happy to give you first pick of the goods."
Edited By Larkian on 9/14/2022 at 7:53 PM.
Larkian
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Joined: 5/15/2018
Threads: 100
Posts: 16,741
Posted: 9/24/2022 at 5:50 PM Post #112
(Shh say nothing about my own failure to respond and my lips shall be sealed in return)

He takes the list from you and turns away from the window to inspect it. "Mmh, sorry to hear that. Just a cold, I figure?" he asks as he begins opening the drawers and taking out the requested herbs, murmuring their names to himself as he does so. "There's been one going around recently, careful not to catch it yourself."
As he talks, he goes to pack some of the herbs into bags and weighs and mixes some of the others. Nothing particularly astounding happens from that, but you do see a few sparks fly from the mixing bowl, and a strong herbalish scent fills the room. Bottling the finished concotion, he instructs, "Tell your neighbor to take a spoonful of that twice a day, in the mornings and the evenings. Everything else, I'm assuming they know how to use if they're requesting it."
He glances back at the list one more time and seemingly notices something he's missed before, grumbling slightly as he casts his gaze up at a shelf far over his head and certainly out of his reach. "One moment, please, stand back." He quickly shoots an almost mischievous glance in your direction, and then there's a sudden blinding flash. When you can see again, for a second it seems he's disappeared, and then you realize that there's a small black cat sitting on the floor where he had just been standing.
...Well, that certainly answers your question.
As you watch, the cat jumps easily onto the desk and then to the drawers, hopping easily from shelf to shelf until it reaches the ceiling. With its teeth, it delicately plucking a few leaves from a plant before leaping back down to deposit them on the desk. There's another flash and the apothecary is back to before, sliding the leaves into a bag with the others before gathering it all and pushing it across to the desk towards you. "That ought to be three silvers," he says casually, as if nothing had just happened. He tilts his head at your satchel. "And, say, do you happen to be heading out of town?"
Edited By Larkian on 9/24/2022 at 5:55 PM.
Larkian
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Joined: 5/15/2018
Threads: 100
Posts: 16,741
Posted: 9/24/2022 at 6:21 PM Post #113
(Sorry for the late response!)

As you reach the cliffs, you catch some more of the traders' scents--they seem to have gone along exactly the same path, perhaps moving a little more slowly than you have been. There's still so sign of Liyah, though, but the one benefit of the cliffs is that you're somewhat shielded from the rain as you make your way alongside the cliffs to the path. The traders' route here is confirmed when you catch sight of the tracks in the mud: footprints, hoofprints, then sharp lines of the wagon wheels. It is a bit odd that the traders took this path--although it's not significantly dangerous, it would be rather inconvenient what with the size of their trading party. But for you alone, ascending the path is slow but easy enough, as it's not too steep and fairly smooth. It widens to accommodate for a ledge in the cliff as you go on, and soon your view of the village is obscured as you pass into a thin grove of scraggly trees.
Larkian
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Joined: 5/15/2018
Threads: 100
Posts: 16,741
Posted: 9/24/2022 at 6:35 PM Post #114
(So sorry for the late response, homework consumed all of my time for awhile D:)

Well, perhaps you could ask, but it would probably be rather awkward if you were wrong.
"Good decision." Without warning, she nudges the horse and the two of you are off. You nearly fall off from the sudden departure alone, but you manage to hold on as the horse levels out to a steady pace. It seems almost ridiculously fast for a horse, even if you've never been on one before, and the dark, you swear you see sparks flying from its hooves every time they strike the ground. It's certainly far faster than you could've ever traveled by yourself, and from the rate you're going, you wouldn't be surprised if you reach the next town in a matter of minutes. Indeed, the weariness from your walk has hardly begun to set in in your legs and feet before you see the town lights appear on the horizon. The woman doesn't slow the horse down, but she shouts over her shoulder, "Care to stop here?"
Raidenei
Level 71
The Sweet Tooth
Joined: 10/18/2019
Threads: 25
Posts: 2,774
Posted: 9/24/2022 at 6:42 PM Post #115
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=103296&page=12#114
Author: Larkian
Time Posted: 9/24/2022 at 6:35 PM
(So sorry for the late response, homework consumed all of my time for awhile D:)

Well, perhaps you could ask, but it would probably be rather awkward if you were wrong.
"Good decision." Without warning, she nudges the horse and the two of you are off. You nearly fall off from the sudden departure alone, but you manage to hold on as the horse levels out to a steady pace. It seems almost ridiculously fast for a horse, even if you've never been on one before, and the dark, you swear you see sparks flying from its hooves every time they strike the ground. It's certainly far faster than you could've ever traveled by yourself, and from the rate you're going, you wouldn't be surprised if you reach the next town in a matter of minutes. Indeed, the weariness from your walk has hardly begun to set in in your legs and feet before you see the town lights appear on the horizon. The woman doesn't slow the horse down, but she shouts over her shoulder, "Care to stop here?"

(Its totally fine! We recently got a new puppy and Im in school so I get exactly what you mean about being busy.)
She was amazed. How could one horse run that fast? "Uh, sure. Is there something special about this town or something?"
Whiterosealliance
Level 70
Frosty Hands
Joined: 7/14/2018
Threads: 11
Posts: 1,828
Posted: 9/26/2022 at 5:46 PM Post #116
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=103296&page=12#111
Author: Larkian
Time Posted: 9/14/2022 at 7:52 PM
(Gosh sorry for late response, I have literally had no time to type up anything gee thanks school)

The nearest person, a vendor--you're not quite sure what kind yet, as her cart of wares is covered with a tarp to protect it from the rain--is struggling to set up a small awning that should be just big enough to span the length of a table. Unfortunately, the vendor herself is also quite small, and seems to be having trouble keeping it in place to properly prop it up, what with only being able to hold down one corner at the time. It doesn't help that next to her are a whole group of vendors who seem to be unable to unload their goods without crashing into everything around them, and the wares of the vendor on the other side are making some sort of strange, high-pitched whistling noise that only adds to the confusion.
She whirls around, startled, as you speak up, which unfortunately causes the pole she's been trying to hold up to come crashing down, barely missing you. "Oh! Me? Yes, well..." she glances back at her pathetic excuse for an awning, which is currently caught on a pole and whipping around in the wind like a flag of surrender, "...I could do with some help, if it's not too much trouble? I, er..." she glances back at her still-unloaded carte, "actually, if you help me with setting up everything, I'd be happy to give you first pick of the goods."


"It's no trouble at all," I say with a smile and pick up the pole she dropped. "But you don't have to give me first pick. I don't even have any coins. Just tell me what to do and I'll do it."

(it's alright, school has been giving me a hard time too)
Larkian
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Joined: 5/15/2018
Threads: 100
Posts: 16,741
Posted: 10/1/2022 at 3:33 PM Post #117
(O.O puppyyy, what breed?)

She snorts. "No, not particularly, I was just wondering if you wanted to take a rest. You did say earlier that you'd been traveling into the night because you were afraid to stop in the middle of the road, so you must be tired by now. I do have some business to do in town, but it can wait if you'd prefer to keep going."
Raidenei
Level 71
The Sweet Tooth
Joined: 10/18/2019
Threads: 25
Posts: 2,774
Posted: 10/1/2022 at 4:39 PM Post #118
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=103296&page=12#117
Author: Larkian
Time Posted: 10/1/2022 at 3:33 PM
(O.O puppyyy, what breed?)

She snorts. "No, not particularly, I was just wondering if you wanted to take a rest. You did say earlier that you'd been traveling into the night because you were afraid to stop in the middle of the road, so you must be tired by now. I do have some business to do in town, but it can wait if you'd prefer to keep going."

(A cockapoo. So shes extra smart and expects that her cuteness can get her out of everything.)
"I usually sleep through the day, so I'm fine. If you have business to attend to, though, I wouldnt mind stopping." She looked toward the town, trying to decide if she wanted to go into it, or stay near the horse.
Larkian
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Joined: 5/15/2018
Threads: 100
Posts: 16,741
Posted: 10/7/2022 at 9:11 PM Post #119
"Oh, are you certain?" she asks, reaching down to untangle her awning. "I do accept trades for favors, too, after all. Hm, how about if you do a good job, I'll consider it a good enough favor to give you something for free? It does seem like a pity that you don't have any money--ah!"
With a great yank, the awning suddenly comes free from the pole it's stuck on, causing the vendor to stumble backward and crash into her cart, nearly knocking it down too. Whatever's in there, it makes a metallic jangling noise as it's jostled.
Edited By Larkian on 10/7/2022 at 9:13 PM.
Larkian
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Joined: 5/15/2018
Threads: 100
Posts: 16,741
Posted: 10/7/2022 at 9:23 PM Post #120
(aw, sounds adorable haha)

She hums thoughtfully, slowing the horse down to a trot as you begin to pass by the first houses in town. It seems to be smaller than Perell, and there doesn't appear to be anyone about the street at this hour. "I see. Well, in that case, I think I'll stop by for a bit--been riding all night, I think I could do with a break. You, on the other hand, are not allowed to cause a commotion--or touch the horse--while I'm gone, got it?" Without waiting for you to answer, she continues, "Do whatever you want, or come with me if you'd prefer, it won't take long."
Edited By Larkian on 10/7/2022 at 9:23 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 11, 12, 13, 14
This Page loaded in 0.042 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2022 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.