Forum Index > Roleplay Games > Whimsy [RPG]
Page 11 1, 2, 3... 10, 11, 12... 24, 25, 26 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Threads: 104
Posted: 8/27/2022 at 12:14 AM Post #101
(Lmaoo that's hilarious that's like the size of a normal pillow or something)

She raises an eyebrow at you. "Probably a good decision." She goes to help you up onto the horse, but then pauses for a moment, as if considering something. "Wait. Since you'll be tagging along for who knows how long, I have a few rules. First, if I have to leave immediately and you're not ready, I will leave you behind. Which I may or may not do without warning. Second, don't question anything I do, especially if we end up in a dangerous situation. And, most importantly, don't even think about touching this horse without my permission. Understand?" You'd been too interested in her to pay much attention to the horse, but now it snorts at you and stomps a hoof almost irritably. Meanwhile, the lady is still staring at you. "Well?" she demands, waiting impatiently for your reply as though her requests were far more trivial. Then again, you have a feeling that she wouldn't mind leaving you on the roadside if you don't agree.
Edited By Larkian on 8/27/2022 at 12:15 AM.
Eid0lon
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 43
Posted: 8/27/2022 at 1:16 PM Post #102
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=103296&page=11#101
Author: Larkian
Time Posted: 8/27/2022 at 12:14 AM
(Lmaoo that's hilarious that's like the size of a normal pillow or something)

She raises an eyebrow at you. "Probably a good decision." She goes to help you up onto the horse, but then pauses for a moment, as if considering something. "Wait. Since you'll be tagging along for who knows how long, I have a few rules. First, if I have to leave immediately and you're not ready, I will leave you behind. Which I may or may not do without warning. Second, don't question anything I do, especially if we end up in a dangerous situation. And, most importantly, don't even think about touching this horse without my permission. Understand?" You'd been too interested in her to pay much attention to the horse, but now it snorts at you and stomps a hoof almost irritably. Meanwhile, the lady is still staring at you. "Well?" she demands, waiting impatiently for your reply as though her requests were far more trivial. Then again, you have a feeling that she wouldn't mind leaving you on the roadside if you don't agree.

(Okay it came and apparently he was looking at the wrong listing because one of his other friends bought it for him and its life size so now its less funny but I get to make fun of him for having a seizure over Alhaitham haha)
"I understand. I wont touch the horse without your permission." She reaches her hand back up to the woman so she could help her up.
Whiterosealliance
Level 72
Benevolent Brewer
Threads: 14
Posted: 8/28/2022 at 12:26 PM Post #103
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=103296&page=10#96
Time Posted: 8/24/2022 at 12:36 AM
(Lmao yea "yeah gonna see the world and do things woohoo!" instantly gets stuck in bed for the next five days and by the time he gets better someone else has a child)

(And nope, it's perfect :D)

(Best image I could find lmao, imagine it's more open and less tables)

~~~

By the time you follow the sound of the bell to the center of town, you've stepped in about five more puddles and are thoroughly soaked (even after having valiantly managed not to slip). You're not sure even the contents of your satchel have avoided a shower. But nobody pays attention to your current state--everyone's too busy rushing around trying to find a dry spot. The vendors, who usually sell their wares in the open square, are fighting for a space under an overhang or in the shade of a tree, a task that's made even more difficult than the normal villagers like you who are also trying their best to get out of the rain. Though a smart few have brought an umbrella or at the very least rain-equipped clothing, most of the people share one braincell are soon to be just as soaked as you if they don't find shelter soon. Fortunately, some people are beginning to set up awnings that should allow for more space to huddle and set out goods.
It seems that you've arrived just in time--as you make your way to the square, the crowd parts as the first trader wagons appear at the other end of the clearing. The commotion turns from anxiety to excitement, people shouting cheers and greetings as the traders dismount from their wagons and meet the crowd, shaking hands and quickly ushering them to off to a nice, dry inn where they can keep their horses and unload their goods while the crafters finish setting up their stalls. You hear a few excited murmurs around you--news already spreading about what new goods have been brought, that the next wagons are due to arrive within the hour. In a few minutes, trading day will be in full swing, not only here in the town center but no doubt soon throughout most of Hanne. As the day goes on, you know as much, traders will continue to arrive and more stalls will be erected, spreading out through the streets. Despite the rain, people have made do, and it seems today will go as smoothly as ever.

I watch the traders disappear into the inn, saved from the rain. At the very least, it doesnt seem like coming here was a complete waste. Being able to see such things unfold right before me instead of from afar or not at all, as well as being able to participate in it, all feels a bit unreal. But I would be lying if I said I wasnt looking forward to having experiences such as these more often. Even if todays weather isnt as dry as I wouldve liked. Water pours out of my heavy braid as I wring it. Its going to take a long while to dry it all up later. While readjusting my gloves, I cast a glance at the people setting up the awnings. I should go and make myself useful

"Hello there," I say and wince at how quiet and soft my voice was. Doubt they heard that... I clear my throat and speak up a bit. "Can I be of any help?"

lmaoooo
Edited By Whiterosealliance on 8/28/2022 at 4:14 PM.
Scoutwolf
Level 57
Scout
Threads: 36
Posted: 8/28/2022 at 5:56 PM Post #104
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=103296&page=8#75
Time Posted: 8/16/2022 at 9:30 PM
The first familiar scents you manage to make out besides Charlie's are that of the traders who'd stopped by earlier, made more distinct by the fact that they'd been traveling in a group. The rain is quickly washing them away, though, and you can't manage to tell whether Liyah was among or even anywhere near them. In fact, you don't scent Liyah at all. Despite your attempts to discern any other smells, the scent of petrichor is overwhelming almost everything else, and even Charlie's is quickly fading the longer you try.

Since you can't pick up any clues as to where Liyah's gone--by scent, at least--you head off in the opposite direction of Charlie's departure, which is coincidentally the same path the traders had seemingly left town on. As you half walk, half splash your way through the streets, you don't see much aside from the last few villagers in town hurrying to seek shelter. Some of them cast you wary or quizzical glances as you walk by, though most pay you no mind. Within minutes, you reach the edge of the village; just a little farther and you'll be at the base of the cliff, where scattered patches of forest soon give way to unforgiving stone. Straight ahead of you stands the seemingly insurmountable cliffs that isolate Hanne from what lies beyond it. The more gentle slopes of the hills are over to your right, but since Hanne's built nearly right up against the cliff, you'll have to take an awkward path that runs parallel to and partially up the cliff face to get around to them.

Nakoa lopes along the path until it reaches the bottom of the cliffs and the path to the hills. It tries to remember which directions trader's go on their route. As soon as it begins to think, it shakes its head and promptly forgets the facts it was conjuring, not wanting to go up the cliffs during a storm. Hills wouldn't have ninety degree angles it'd have to climb over; it deems them relatively safer. So it makes its way to the awkward path that runs parallel to and partially up the cliff face to get around to the hills. If Liyah has gone up the cliff, she better know how to climb well and find a place to stay during the storm, Nakoa thinks to itself.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 9/2/2022 at 12:05 AM Post #105
(...Just a heads up, I may be taking longer than anticipated to reply x'D I had a text-splurge of my own, but I have just deleted my entire document by accident. I think I may have to skip over your post for a few days while the pain subsides in order to get to everyone else soon enough orz)

(In the meantime, were you thinking of Falcon having any other injuries besides his hands?)
Edited By Larkian on 9/2/2022 at 12:06 AM.
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 9/3/2022 at 1:46 PM Post #106
(Lol)

She considers your affirmation for a moment, and then nods. "Hm. If you say so. Try not to fall off, will you?" She grabs your hand and easily swings you onto the horse behind her. As she's doing so, you catch a closer glimpse of your face, and you realize what had seemed off about her eyes earlier--the pupils are horizontal, like a... goat's? (Or, perhaps, a demon's.) She's probably also gotten a view of your ears as well, but if she notices, she doesn't say anything.
Eid0lon
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 43
Posted: 9/3/2022 at 6:07 PM Post #107
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=103296&page=11#106
Time Posted: 9/3/2022 at 1:46 PM
(Lol)

She considers your affirmation for a moment, and then nods. "Hm. If you say so. Try not to fall off, will you?" She grabs your hand and easily swings you onto the horse behind her. As she's doing so, you catch a closer glimpse of your face, and you realize what had seemed off about her eyes earlier--the pupils are horizontal, like a... goat's? (Or, perhaps, a demon's.) She's probably also gotten a view of your ears as well, but if she notices, she doesn't say anything.

Hm, could she also be a Fantastical being? She didnt seem to bat an eye at my ears or tail. I mean, they are hidden but not very well either. Plus her pupils are shaped so strangely. "I'll try not to fall off."
Falconetti
Level 72
Ghost Writer
Threads: 10
Posted: 9/5/2022 at 6:53 AM Post #108
(Damn, sorry to hear that. Totally understand, I've experienced the same a tear-inducing number of times. The only helpful suggestion I can offer is to write a line or two roughly outlining what you'd had planned which gives you something to start with later whenever you're up to it.
The idea I came up with was that he'd been defenestrated (from a ground floor window) after the disagreement that put him into hiding. But now I've looked into it and sheepishly realised being chucked out a window isn't as trivial a matter as they make out in the films. I guess the only factor which could make it feasible could be that the quality of glass in Ravyne is poor, but otherwise it's up to you whether we forget the window thing or let it pass. I can come up with something different.
But otherwise I figured he'd generally have cuts and bruises.)
Larkian
Level 75
The Tactician
Posted: 9/10/2022 at 12:25 AM Post #109
(*flails arms* I live! Sorry for the late response, for the past two weeks I had no time to log on let alone type up a reply ;-;)
(Aight, added mild injuries lol. Perhaps he got chucked out of a dilapidated house with no actual glass or something?)

On the bright side (though you could honestly probably do with a little less light right now), at least you won't be starting with nothing. Through some stroke of luck, you'd managed to hang on to your few meager belongings through the chaos of last night's...shenanigans, and though they're hardly the most game-changing of possessions, it's still something. And, perhaps the light is actually for the best, as the unsavory sort you frequently end up tangling with are less likely to do so in broad daylight. Risking another night here probably isn't wise, but you do indeed seem to have at least enough time to get your things in order before you go.

The discomfort from the dampness and your injuries makes it a little more difficult than usual to gather your concentration to attempt the invisibility, but you manage to pull yourself together and hold it long enough to watch your hands turn translucent, then fade completely before your eyes. You can't afford to move your head to check without breaking your focus, but you're instinctively certain that the rest of you has gone the same way. You haven't quite mastered the control to vanish only parts at a time yet, anyways. With your only practice having been for a forced minute or two in the mornings (funnily enough, it always seems to work much better in moments of panic than when you're intentionally trying), you're far from proficient, but you've gotten steadier over time. Today, you manage to keep it up for a decent few seconds before the mental strain forces you to release it. Yes, progress is slow, but you're certain you're seeing improvement--when you'd first started your little routine, you could scarcely fade a perceptible amount before you'd had to drop it.

It takes you a few moments to mentally catch your breath before beginning the next part of the routine, so it's somewhat surprising when it goes better than the first. Perhaps the real ambitious part of this exercise had been turning your hair to black, considering how...well, not black your hair is normally, but it's worth a shot. Your hair doesn't instantly turn black, of course, but much like your invisibility it darkens over time until it's, well, not black, but a dark brown before you have to struggle to push it further. Good enough, so you switch to shortening your hair. You don't quite manage to hold both at the same time, as the color of your hair starts to fade back to ginger the moment it begins growing shorter, and you're unable to hold onto one without letting go of the other. Still, it's a rather significant achievement, the way you've managed to transition smoothly straight from one transformation to the other without dropping your focus, and you're certain it lasted a bit longer than the invisibility. For someone who's taught themself entirely from scratch, it doesn't seem like bad progress.
Edited By Larkian on 9/12/2022 at 12:24 AM.
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Threads: 316
Posted: 9/13/2022 at 6:10 PM Post #110
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=103296&page=8#78
Time Posted: 8/18/2022 at 10:51 PM

(Just imagine it's darker lol)

~~~

They probably survive solely by the fact that there's just so much business to split amongst them.
You head over to the closest apothecary, which is just across the street. Surprisingly, it's not as obnoxiously colorful or flower-adorned as most of the town--there are a few flowers growing in the windows, but you get the feeling that they're actual herbs, more functional than decorative.

The inside of the shop is much dimmer than outside, and it takes a couple of seconds for your eyes to adjust. The windowsills are indeed lined with herbs and flowers, and there are also a couple of plants scattered in darker corners or on high shelves. Below them sit various items, including jars, bottles, and other containers (some empty, most not) and several instruments or tools. Most of the walls, however, are lined with rows upon rows of small, labeled drawers and compartments, and from the ceiling hang a few baskets and dried herbs. In the center of everything is a huge wooden desk upon which is scattered more paraphernalia, including mortars and pestles, bowls, and various ingredients. Mostly, though, it's heaped with giant stacks of books, some of which are nearly as tall as the desk itself.

The person you assume to be the apothecary is standing at one of the shelves with his back to you when you walk in, though he glances over his shoulder when the bell on the door jingles. He doesn't appear to be much older than you, but at least he looks like the sort of person who knows what they're doing.

(...no comment on how long i didnt respond for)

She holds out the list the kid gave her. "Gotta get some stuff- neighbor's out sick and all." She says. She's lowkey kindof glad the shop isn't so flower-filled, its a nice change from literally everywhere else.

She wonders if the guy in front of her might have some cat blood in him, or something. That wouldn't surprise her, to be honest. Actuaully, it might be kind of fitting in a way....

(wait its been a month??? bro poke me next time lmao- XD)
Edited By Orcastration on 9/13/2022 at 6:10 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 10, 11, 12... 24, 25, 26
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.