Players 2,407 367
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,242,961 1,762
Generated 656,182 12
Captured 1,190,474 65
Bred 6,396,210 1,685
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Q&A (Newbie Friendly) > General Sylesti Value Questions :)
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Mantis
Level 18
Threads: 1
Posted: 6/10/2022 at 11:43 PM Post #1
Hello!
So, I'm (pretty) new and I'm loving the game so far!
As of late, I've gotten curious about sylesti values, and I have a few questions on the topic. Forgive me if answers already exist on the forums; I didn't see them.

1) Does being a first-gen add significant value to a sylesti? Would a 3+ visible first-gen sylesti be considered particularly valuable?

2) Does being inbred decrease the value of a sylesti?

3) Would a first-gen themed sylesti with, say, a couple of traits visible be worth more than a purebred 6 visible themed?

4) Are 6-vis pets inherently valuable?

Thanks for reading and thanks for your time! :)
- Mantis
Silverstream616
Level 75
Fishy
Threads: 115
Posted: 6/11/2022 at 12:31 AM Post #2
Hey Mantis! Welcome welcome, hope you're liking it here so far :)

Those are all great questions - I'll answer them to the best of my ability. Be warned, these are all very general answers and there are definitely exceptions to them. I advise using advanced search (AS) if you want to gauge the value of a specific pet. This can become tricky if there are few pets of a specific genre for sale so an outlier can greatly skew the results, but overall it's very handy for pricing tips.

1. Depends on what kind of pet it is: generated, tagged (and under this category, whether the pet is tamed or exclusive). Generally speaking, tagged pets (first gen) are worth more than purebred themed (unless the PB have a lot of trait points). To answer the second part of this question, tamed tagged that have multiple trait points (4-8, ranging from epic to mythical) are quite valuable, especially if they're caught from the Lost Grove due to stat boosts (which aid in battling/superstat projects). For example, a 3-vis tamed tagged would be labeled as "legendary" and would be quite valuable, especially to collectors. 3-vis exclusive tagged are also quite valuable, but their prices fluctuate more depending on if they're a popular species, what traits they have, etc. Pets generated via essences are not inherently more valuable than, say, bred project pets--they can be more subjectively valuable to the player who generates them because you can customize their design, but overall doesn't sell for much higher than a pretty project pet.

2. Nope, not particularly. The vast majority of PB pets or project pets end up being inbred purely because it's a pain to find such a large breeding pool to prevent this from happening. It's simply pedantic and sometimes altogether infeasible, especially if you have a specific design in mind (specificity = fewer pets with needed traits). Some players tried collaborating on a 0% inbred project a while back, but that was a niche and, if I remember correctly, unsuccessful endeavor.

3. Again, it really depends on a lot of factors: what species? tamed or exclusive? how old is the theme? etc. etc. Unfortunately, it's very subjective and there's no definitive answer for this. Again, AS helps a lot to give a glimpse into pricing if you have specific pets in mind.

4. Definitely not. There are thousands of dishwater 6-vis pets on public sales because it's very easy and doesn't require any gold to mass breed them (really tanks our economy, but that's a whole nother issue). If they're pretty project pets or PB, then they will have higher value, but definitely not the case for random 6-vis bred pets.

Hope that helps! Feel free to ask for clarification. :)
GoldGryphon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Threads: 74
Posted: 6/11/2022 at 10:19 AM Post #3
Hi Mantis!

Very good questions! And Silver did an excellent job answering them! I would like to add a few things. :)

Value can be very subjective, it is very much based on what one person wants. Some of the themed (tagged) 1st gen pets can go very high, others not so much. Sometimes it is based on the pet being fabled or regular, fabled pets on the whole go for much higher prices than regulars. Yes, traits visible and carried can add to the value as well. The more, the better. Silver explained the trait points, but I find some traits don't sell as well. For me, that trait is Lucky Runes. I usually won't buy a pet with them.

The value of project pets is something else that is hard to pin down. I usually do projects that I want, it is a bonus if they sell. If a project is purebred (all the same theme/tagged) or generated or wild, fabled or regular, max or supermax stats; all these can affect the price. Heck, it could be a 6vis tagged pet project but if no one likes the traits, then that could change the price!

One other thing, if the pet is made infertile (lots of breeders use this so their max/supermax pets), that can change the price. I wouldn't sell a max/supermax pet fertile, but I would a 6vis but for a much higher price.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask!
Edited By GoldGryphon on 6/12/2022 at 11:25 AM.
Mantis
Level 18
Threads: 1
Posted: 6/11/2022 at 11:18 AM Post #4
Thanks to both of you! This was super helpful :)

This Page loaded in 0.008 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.