Players 2,541 413
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,205,120 843
Generated 653,649 74
Captured 1,186,817 93
Bred 6,364,562 676
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 2022 Easter Event - Create an Easter Egg...
Page 1 1, 2, 3 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,114
Posted: 4/16/2022 at 8:08 AM Post #1
Traditional Easter Egg Contest

The object of this contest is to decorate your own Sylestia-Themed Easter Egg!

This is the Traditional Easter Egg Contest!
There is also a Digital Contest, which can be found here.

Rules

1. You must submit ONE entry of a decorated Easter Egg. You are allowed to use pretty much any physical mediums for the egg (such as clay, Styrofoam, plastic, etc).

2. Your submission must be Sylestia themed in some way.

3. You must provide a minimum of 3 separate pictures of your creation/decorating process along with your Username and 2022 Easter Event physically displayed somewhere in each picture. Here is an example of how this should look:

You do not need to post them in a grid like this. I just did this to save space.

A Player Guide on How to Upload Images

4. You must actually be the one to create your entry! While assistance is fine, you cannot simply have someone else create your entry for you and then claim credit. If you are tracing an image for your entry, you must have been the one to originally create that image (Unless what you are tracing is a Sylestia asset, such as our pets, avatars, monsters, etc)! The main point of this contest is to have fun and be creative. So just do your best and have fun. =) We want to see your creativity!

5. Please do not reserve posts. Only post when you are ready to submit an entry. If your entry is still ongoing, you may post early with the progress that you currently have and edit your post as you finish.

6. Please do not ping me unless you have a specific question or concern that I need to address. Thank you.

7. The due date for submitting your entry is by the end of the 2022 Easter Event.

Prizes

Everyone's submissions will be judged by Faiona and I where we will select First, Second, and Third place winners based on creativity, effort, and appeal.

Have fun and enjoy!

1st Place

Prize(s): 2,000 Diamonds, Free Stable, [Peerless Avatar Token] x1, 3-Visible Blooming Spring Bulbori x2, [Easter Event Avatar Item] x3, [Philter of Trait Disruption] x3

Atriella

2nd Place

Prize(s): 1,000 Diamonds, Free Stable, 3-Visible Blooming Spring Bulbori x1, [Easter Event Avatar Item] x2, [Philter of Trait Disruption] x2

Ksng

Oiseau

Slytherin7

All Participants
With valid submissions

Prize(s): 2-Visible Blooming Spring Bulbori x2, [Easter Event Avatar Item] x5
Edited By Krinadon on 5/5/2022 at 5:19 AM.
Mysticalhexanes
Level 74
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 11
Posted: 4/16/2022 at 8:49 AM Post #2
Hello there, this is a fun contest idea!

I am considering entering, however, I do have a question: Are we allowed to submit an entry that is entirely a hand-drawn and colored picture? Or, does it have to be a 3-D model of an egg?

Thanks for the clarification, and Happy Easter, everyone! :)
Starline
Level 71
Cutely Creative
Threads: 97
Posted: 4/16/2022 at 10:15 AM Post #3
Mysticalhexanes
Level 74
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 11
Posted: 4/16/2022 at 7:09 PM Post #4
Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm not sure if what I have in mind would fit into that post, either. What I would be doing is making a picture with pen and colored pencil, so it wouldn't be a digital drawing.

It seems like my idea would fit more within this post, as a "traditional" art category, but if what's intended here is a 3D model of an egg and not a flat drawing, then I'm not sure if my entry idea would fit in either place. I just wouldn't want to make the wrong kind of entry...
Slytherin7
Level 75
Crystalline Cleaver
Threads: 70
Posted: 4/17/2022 at 11:29 AM Post #5
If you have something three-dimensional that you've made alongside the drawing, I would say that's definitely within the rules! You can even paint a real egg if you'd like. I think the point here is just that you've made something, whether that's modelling something with clay, or painting something, something like that. So I would say you could submit the drawing and, say, an egg painted to look like a Sylesti egg, maybe the one from your drawing!
Aspxct
Level 63
Assistant to the Sculptor
Threads: 12
Posted: 4/18/2022 at 3:01 PM Post #6
Aspxct- I made these Bulbori Eggs using materials that were about to be thrown out. (Fake grass, a party plate, newspaper, old paints, and tape.) I try to make sure nothing goes to waste

Here is my progress -
https://nickpic.host/image/AD8IkA
https://nickpic.host/image/AD8PXQ
https://nickpic.host/image/ADKo1d

(P.S. The rabbits in the background of the nest are what was on my table at the time)
Edited By Aspxct on 4/18/2022 at 4:41 PM.
Varyntha
Level 72
Maze Runner
Threads: 22
Posted: 4/19/2022 at 3:19 AM Post #7
Can we enter both this game and the digital one, or do we need to choose just one?
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,114
Posted: 4/19/2022 at 8:51 AM Post #8
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=102312&page=1#7
Author: Varyntha
Time Posted: 4/19/2022 at 3:19 AM
Can we enter both this game and the digital one, or do we need to choose just one?

Players are encouraged to participate in both. =)
Varyntha
Level 72
Maze Runner
Threads: 22
Posted: 4/19/2022 at 11:55 AM Post #9
Okay, thanks! ^_^ I just wanted to make sure because I didn't see it specifically mentioned this time in the threads and didn't know if the "or" in the top links was trying to tell me to just do one. ^D^; Thank you for specifying! :D
Torey
Level 75
Lord Luck
Threads: 65
Posted: 4/19/2022 at 8:34 PM Post #10
This year I wanted to make some Lost Grove inspired eggs with leaf impressions!

Collecting some leaves. There's not much greenery this April, but I did find some.

Attached the leaves securely to the egg by tying pantyhose around the egg.

Dyeing the eggs.

I had limited success with the leaf impressions, so I decided to make some paper towel tie-dye eggs from last year.

Photos of the finished eggs! I found that small, soft leaves, like parsley, work better than large, stiff leaves.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.