omg you obviously, echosing, shrio-nii, luminosityy, nyaar0n, butchery

Pinglists ('General' by default):
yep, all of them

Art Examples (Optional):
uh dang i don't have good ones but you can find some here

Other Platforms (Optional):
toyhouse - instagram - quora

Taking Commissions (Yes/No):
yes - ping me, dm me here or TH or quora, honestly anything but do not contact me on instagram, i'm on hiatus. i'll also do art trades, requests are for friends only.

Resources You Use (Optional):
procreate, medibang, watercolour pens, coloured pencils
Edited By Hwaseong on 5/10/2022 at 12:23 PM.
Hiraeth
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 187
Posted: 4/25/2022 at 5:06 PM Post #34
Name: Hira
Pronouns: she/they
Title: Captain
Artists I like: Me, charlilindraws [IG]
Pinglists: only gen pls
Art examples: here and on my instagram, anakinsleftshoe
Other platforms: see above. Also TH (same name) and youtube/twitch for music (also same name)
Taking commissions: Details here
Resources: Just medibang on my phone. I do some traditional pencil art but no pics cuz quality :(
Edited By Hiraeth on 4/25/2022 at 5:10 PM.
Aphelion
Level 75
Fright Master
Threads: 113
Posted: 4/26/2022 at 3:55 AM Post #35
Hello! Welcome to the club. That's gotta be the first time I've seen someone use quora for commissions, I'll say!
Aphelion
Level 75
Fright Master
Threads: 113
Posted: 4/26/2022 at 4:41 AM Post #36
Welcome to the club!
Vampory
Level 75
The Carver
Threads: 47
Posted: 5/10/2022 at 3:46 AM Post #37
Lmao, I'm replying to this really late but--

My metal is honestly... Kind of flat, and so are my gems. They lack the sharpness which makes them hard-- my mistake lol. I honestly never really noticed how flat my metal looks until I just went to try and find examples x'D so I guess I'll start working on that!

(sorry for the cleavage zoom in x-x wanted to get the necklace in the picture too)
(bro... What is it with me and gold around the chest???)

So, I think what I do sometimes is airbrush like... The sharp points/peaks/gem cut on a glow layer then shade underneath? That's probably why my 'gems' are so blurry looking lol. With the last image, the gem on the front I airbrushed the lighter sections over the base, so instead of drawing the gem shape I just kind of.. Made it out.

I usually use a lot of different colors when I'm shading and highlighting, so it's probably redundant to say I use a lot of different colors but-- I do lol. I like to think giving them a bunch of different colors gives them a sort of... Prismatic sheen I guess? Sorry this isn't really helpful x-x

I did take a look at that artist you mentioned though! Their jewelry really is superrr pretty. I think some of it is the way they layer their colors? That's about all I can say though.
Vampory
Level 75
The Carver
Posted: 5/10/2022 at 4:06 AM Post #38
My once a month check in on this thread;

My drawing tablet decided to give up on working today-- over the last two weeks the connector was having issues so I'm not surprised it just stopped working today. I've had it for about a year and a half/two years (somewhere in that range) and bought it for 40 dollars basically new so... I'm not too unhappy about it, it served me well!

I started looking at buying a new one right afterwards, because I wanted to get a new one as soon as possible (I hardly touch paper anymore, I don't really like drawing traditionally because it always looks different x-x maybe that's a bad thing but, I just prefer the digital process now.)

I decided to step up into more major brands (my old tablet was a Veikk A50, smaller Chinese brand. I had some issues with their driver too- sometimes it just wouldn't open so I had to delete it and reinstall it then import my button shortcuts again or manually set them. One time it did this and I didn't have a download saved to my computer and their website was down :') so I had to wait awhile) and purchased a lightly used Wacom!

I know that used drawing tablets aren't exactly preferable, but I can't afford them at retail price so, I look for the most creditable looking listings then cross my fingers.

Ended up purchasing a gently-used maybe based off looks, maybe a handful of times Wacom Intuos Pro (Medium size, the work area is a little smaller than what I have now but I'm confident it'll be fine).

the fact that it came with the extra nibs and Bluetooth adapter were the selling points for me-- none of the other used ones I saw for this price had all their extras, usually just the pen, tablet, and a cable. I've seen this model retail new for 250-350 usd new and 150 heavily used (lots of wear spots, no extra nibs) , and paid 120 for it... Really excited for when it comes :>

Since Wacom is such a reputable brand, I'm hoping their driver will work better and the tablet will run smoother than my old one. If anyone's interested, I can update you guys on it's performance after I get it ^-^; sorry for writing and talking about it this much though LOL
Echosing
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 49
Posted: 5/13/2022 at 12:54 AM Post #39
ooo nice on the new tablet :D
I cannot draw traditionally anymore either man, I've become super dependent on the layers available on digital and how forgiving it is to experiment and mess around

I use this wacom myself:
Since I got it in 4 years ago I've had no issues besides sometimes the pen pressure dying(which usually restarting the pc will fix)

But as for the one you've got, I hope it doesn't have all the issues you mentioned with it's predecessor! If it's anything like mine I hope to be able to tell you that hopefully you wont encounter those kind of frustrating issues in the future, at least for a good long time :pinched_fingers:
Vampory
Level 75
The Carver
Posted: 5/13/2022 at 8:18 AM Post #40
Ooo! I might have considered this model if my current tablet didn't already have the shortcut buttons on the side-- I don't use it flat on my desk either lol, I put it onto of a big stuffed animal on my lap because there's not enough room on the desk.

I wish i could still draw traditionally x-x the convenience of being able to doodle in a sketchbook where ever has been lost on me now lol

New tablet is coming in the mail today, very excitedddd
Edited By Drowned on 5/13/2022 at 8:19 AM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.