Players 2,437 399
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,235,311 1,122
Generated 656,000 45
Captured 1,189,917 95
Bred 6,389,302 982
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 2022 Fortune Festival - Avatar Dress Up
Page 4 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Draculina
Level 75
Collector of Souls
Threads: 4
Posted: 3/19/2022 at 7:09 AM Post #31

The Story of Anti

Anti was ashamed of herself, she had been for as long as she could remember. She didn't fit in with her own.

Her mother and father had expected a baby of beautiful greens and gold. Their kind were considered a species that brought luck, and those colors were often associated with luck.
When a new baby was born, they were bestowed a color scheme that represented who they were and who they'd grow up to be. Almost all newborn babies were given some type of green they were supposed to always wear. The only green Anti had was her eyes, and those were pure luck, she got them from her mother. The rest of her was shades of pinks and reds. The opposite of green.
Her parents named her Anti, certain she was the opposite of Luck.
She wasn't what her parents expected, and she was certain that they were as ashamed of her as she was herself. They didn't smile around her as much as they did her siblings. Was it really so bad that she was different?

Anti was older now, and she still felt as if she had failed herself and her family. She couldn't seem to bring anyone luck. When a sibling of hers in some way interacted with a human, it was only moments later that the human received some good luck. They'd win a few dollars off a scratch off ticket they were sure wouldn't pay off, they'd find a four leaf clover, it didn't matter, something lucky, be it small or big, happened.

That never happened with Anti, never. Instead, the human she interacted with got a call from their significant other or them and their significant other began to talk and laugh, and have an all around happy time, or something similar happened. Never something lucky like her siblings.

One day; after having interacted with a human, she felt so down that she only went a bit away from the human, sitting down in a beautiful patch of flowers she began to pick. That was when she found out she was indeed lucky.

The human and another began to talk, almost as if they had known each other forever despite their introductions proving they had never met before.

Anti had seen this happen time and time again, but she had always been too far away to hear what was being said, always leaving her to assume the human's significant other had come back from some errands that they'd been busy doing.

Every time she left the human she was talking to, something involving love happened. A silly fight that both partners regretted? They talked and made up. One partner gone on a trip and the other missing them? The partner called the other and talked to them, cheering them up. And of course, new love was found. She brought even more than love than just that even.

She was a form of luck! She was just a form of luck that was much harder to find. She was the Luck of Love.

Smiling to herself as she watched the two lovebirds, tears of happiness clouded her eyes, which she promptly wiped away as a big smile curled on her lips.

Letting out a giggle, the happy tears began to flow harder as she giggled and smiled to herself, feeling happier than she ever had before. With a burst of glee, the flowers she had collected were thrown in the air as she laid back in the grass, the flowers and loose petals fluttering down upon her.

She wasn't ashamed anymore, and she didn't care that others didn't see her as lucky because she knew she was. She was the luckiest person alive, she was certain she was. She helped people to feel that warm feeling of love. And now she felt that feeling herself, she loved herself.

"It doesn't matter what they think, or what they see when they look at me. It only matters what I think, what I see. I am luck. And I get to help others love. I love who I am. I love me. And I'm happy." She murmured to herself, swiping a hand at her tears, her smile never faltering.

It didn't matter anymore what others thought of her, if they couldn't see the luck she brought or what made her unique, that wasn't her fault. She was lucky, and she knew she'd never doubt how lucky and wonderful she was again.

She wasn't Anti Luck. She was just Anti and she was certain she was the luckiest girl alive.
Edited By K1tten on 4/2/2022 at 2:58 PM.
Ingenuity
Level 69
Majestic Brewmistress
Threads: 6
Posted: 3/19/2022 at 10:40 AM Post #32

Pat O' Brannigan

"Glimmering Gold Coins appearing from my bottomless Pot o' Gold and an endless stream of Oily Black Gold flowing out of my Crown of Natural Resources where the end of my rainbow touches the earth. How fortuitous indeed for you to meet me for I, Pat O' Brannigan, am an Elite Leprechaun and THE Ultimate Guardian of Wealth. On St. Patrick's Day, cross my palms not with a Three Leaf Clover but a Four Leaf Clover like the one I'm wearing and I'll shower you with my Blessings of Wealth. And now, as Leprechauns are Irish, let me also grant you the Traditional Irish Blessing ...

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face;
the rains fall soft upon your fields and until we meet again,
may God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Oh by the way, this is a fine specimen of a Four Leaf Clover that you've given me in exchange for my blessings. Behold! I've admired it and I'm returning it to you but you need not hold onto it for Good Luck. Because if you share this Four Leaf Clover of yours by passing it to someone else on St. Patrick's Day so they too can receive my Blessings of Wealth, you'll get Good Luck for all eternity!"
Edited By Ingenuity on 3/19/2022 at 10:58 AM.
Briarwood
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 28
Posted: 3/19/2022 at 10:57 AM Post #33
The Chinese believe the dragon symbolizes good luck and fortune, since it brings rain, so that was my inspiration, combined with more Western colors like green and gold.

Once a year, a green and gold dragon rises from the waves and assumes a human form. No one knows where she came from or who she is, but if you please her, you can count on good fortune for the rest of the following year. Many have sought her out, and some have comeaway blessed. But many more have found themselves cursed with misfortune, for if you should anger or slight her in any way, her benevolence and charity can turn dangerous as quickly as luck itself. After a single week, she'll descend back into the ocean, not to be seen for another 12 months. What she spends that time doing is unknown. Perhaps she hibernates, but then again, those wishing fish don't enchant themselves...
Edited By Briarwood on 3/19/2022 at 2:01 PM.
Zekotan
Level 75
Frosty Hands
Threads: 22
Posted: 3/19/2022 at 3:11 PM Post #34
The Luck Stealing Rabbit

This rabbit doesn't have any luck of it's own. It steals all of the luck it has! Are you having one of those days where everything goes wrong? Then it's likely this rascal stole all of your luck for the day! Once they feel like they have enough luck they raid any nearby farms for as many vegetables as they can carry off and manage to get away with it every time.
Starline
Level 71
Cutely Creative
Threads: 97
Posted: 3/19/2022 at 5:38 PM Post #35

Who is to say that catching a leprechaun brings wealth. What lies on the other side of the rainbow? What if instead of gold you are surprised by a sassy witch with mischief in her eyes. Leahanna turns as you approach her eyes hard as ice.. will you dare to see if she will be the answer. Or shall another fate reach you when her imp turns mean?
Edited By Starline on 3/19/2022 at 5:39 PM.
Chishio
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 3
Posted: 3/19/2022 at 8:45 PM Post #36

Warriors of the Land of Eire
The Ballad of Aith'ne the Dragon Rider

And her loyal dragons, Alastrina & Clover
sung to a tune similar to wellerman

There once was a lass, fair and free,
A lovely lass; fiery hair to her knee.
Her emerald eyes, Her skin so fair,
Warrior of the land of Eire!

Aith'ne, warrior, a dragon rides she!
To fight for Eire, to fight for me,
She'll fight for us, never runs nor flees,

Her mount, Alastrina, bold and green,
Fights along, fights so mean,
She bravely goes where no one's keen,

Along her side, lucky Clover stays,
He bites and snarls and spits out flames.
Fiesty but loyal dragon of blaze,

Aith'ne with her quiver and bow,
She strikes high, she strikes low,
The enemy has no place to go!

Above our land, and along the sea,
They watch our land, warriors are three,
Aith'ne, Alastrina, and Clover are thee,
Warriors of the land of Eire!

=============

Aith'ne Vercha has long been an untamed spirit of Eire. Ever since she was a wee lass, she wandered to places unknown, she fought with the unruly, and she tamed the unthinkable: dragons! Aith'ne's heart for her people drives her to protect them, and with her riding dragon, Alastrina, and her companion dragon Clover, she is a force to be reckoned with. Tough to outsiders, yet gentle to her people, she has earned the name Warrior of the land of Eire. Yet, her protective nature and fiery spirit can cause her to get into more trouble than she ultimately realizes. Alastrina, through their bonded connection of thought, helps to balance out her fiery personality with gentle wisdom in moments of tough decision. The dragoness has many years of wisdom to share, but only does so little by little, being a dragon of few words. But each word is from the heart, and her heart is one of gold. Aith'ne's lucky little 'charm', Clover, is a mysterious young dragon that has helped provide a big boost for Aith'ne and Alastrina's battles. Small as he may be, he seems to bring about a lot of good luck as long as he's next to his trusted companions. While Alastrina offers speed, strength and flight, Clover brings them special luck, as well as his own fiery and spirited little attitude, nearly as fiery and spirited as Aith'ne, only he is a bit more fearful at times. Nonetheless, the trio work together to protect Eire, their home, and their people, from any and all who dare try to attack. With hearts of gold, and good luck to match, they watch over the land as the
Warriors of the land of Eire.
Edited By Chishio on 4/3/2022 at 9:13 PM.
Entr0py
Level 75
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 178
Posted: 3/19/2022 at 9:20 PM Post #37
Edited By Entr0py on 3/19/2022 at 9:20 PM.
Jennia
Level 75
Grand Protector
Threads: 42
Posted: 3/21/2022 at 4:10 PM Post #38

Faeries weren't supposed to be adventurers. Faeries were supposed to help and guide them. Lilianne disagreed. As a Sakura fairy, her powers only waxed during Fortune Week, but she was determined to get as far as she could while that was the case, so she could still keep up with the humans when they waned. Of course, those powers meant it was easy enough to get her first two companions, and now, dressed in what she thinks rugged clothing looks like, she's ready to try to be a proper Sylesti tamer and protect the realm herself.
Rixva
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 94
Posted: 3/21/2022 at 5:44 PM Post #39
The Lucky Thief

This is bad.

I couldn't stop the words from escaping my mouth as I thought 'em. I'm s'posed to be the best thief this side of the Diamond Sea, and here I am stuck under the carriage of a puffed-up noble who actually thought to reinforce the underside of his ride.

My thoughts are racin' as I weigh my options. I could take my chances with the client, skip out on the rendezvous and hope he never catches wind of me again. But he's one of those well-connected types, a bartender-by-day in the business of information...I ain't likely to disappear from him for long.

That leaves the mark.

The two-faced "charity" owner who thought he could hide his crimes away in a little locked box stashed in the bottom of his carriage. If it weren't for that layer of metal between me and the inside, it would be tucked in my bag, on its way to a new owner...

I groan. I'm gonna need some luck. I take a breath, not wantin' to make the call I know I gotta make.

"Hey Felix...you around?" I'm whisperin', almost not wantin' an answer.

An answer comes anyway.

"Always," a silky voice sounds in my ear.

You see, I'm cursed. Or blessed, as he puts it. Bein' cursed by a luck spirit ain't always easy, but it's sure as hell better than bein' cursed by somethin' else. Wandered too far into the woods as a kid, stuck my nose where it didn't belong, and now here I am with Felix stuck to my shadow for the rest of my life.

"Get me inside that carriage," I growl. I can feel Felix's incorporeal smirk without lookin'.

"Careful what you wish for."

Suddenly, my grip on the underside of the vehicle slips. I scream, feeling my back hit the ground and the front axle crash into my chin. One of the wheels rips the skin off my left upper arm, and I'm bleedin', cryin' in pain and watchin' everything turn black in front of me.

The next thing I know, someone's pullin' on my shirt.

My eyes fly open, scannin' for an exit - wait, an exit? ...I'm inside the carriage. Thanks, Felix.

The mark is in front of me, frettin' and mutterin' somethin' about not seein' nothin' comin' out o' the trees, and he's so sorry, and can he take me somewhere...His eyes ain't lookin' at me, though. Lookin' everywhere except at me. I take the opportunity to slide my hand down, under the seat I'm in front of, graspin' at the little locked box and finally shovin' it into the fold of my cloak.

I put on my sweetest suck-up voice when I say "Oh, please, don't worry about it kind sir, it was so thoughtful of you to stop for me, I really need to be more careful..." He still won't look at me, eyes glued to a case on the rack above us. Must be carryin' some money or somethin'. I stand up, holdin' my cloak close. The mark doesn't stop me when I head for the door.

Back outside, I mutter to my shadow. "You call that luck?"

It whispers back to me. "I do. You're lucky you weren't crushed under the wheels. You're lucky the man stopped. You're lucky he didn't find your knives when he tried to look at your wounds. You're lucky he sat you right in front of your target, didn't look at you the whole time, didn't -" I cut him off.

"Uh-huh. And you're lucky you don't have a real face, otherwise it'd be gettin' punched right about now."

==========

Haven't done one of these in a while! I took a bit of a different approach to the "lucky" theme. I'm sorry it got a little long. I got really into writing the character ^-^
Side note: I know the item she's holding is a book, but...it's the most box-like item I could find. If anyone has a better item...let me know lol!
Edited By Rixva on 3/21/2022 at 5:50 PM.
Ladyanki
Level 75
Fancy Pants
Threads: 6
Posted: 3/21/2022 at 9:31 PM Post #40

Lucy, the lucky Imp

When Lucy was a little she was bullied because she was different form other imps. When ever she tried to play with other imps they would just tell her she wasnt a real imp because she didnt look like others.

She felt sad and angry; "I wish i was like the others." She whispered.

One day she decided to leave the imp village. " Im not wanted here, so im going to find a place where i belong" She thought.

She began her journey at sunny morning, although she was sad to leave, a new hope filled her heart, loving home was sure to be somewhere. She walked for hours and the weather started to turn worse. Dark clouds were gathering and soon it started to rain.

"Eeww, I hate rain, it makes my hair all wet." She tried to look for some shelter and found a small cave near by. "Phew, now im all soggy".

She sat down and waited for the rain to pass.
When the rain let down and a bit of sun started to come around she noticed something weird glimmering nearby. There was a pot of gold at the end of rainbow and a weirder little man standing next to the pot.

She approached the pot and the little man. "who are you?" Lucy asked.

The little man jumped in the air and turned around "You cant have my gold" He said.
"if you leave my gold be, ill give you 3 wishes."

Lucy looked the man " I want friends and a home." She said

"Home? You mean house?" Replayed The Leprechaun
" No, I mean home, I want friends and a home where, I can live with my friends. I had to leave my previous home because I didnt have any friends there" Lucy said.

" Fine, Ill try. " Said The Leprechaun.
With the wave of his clumpy wand a house and a Imp appeared in front of them.

"where am I?" Screamed the little imp.
It looked around, noticed The leprechaun and Lucy, and the pot of gold. With quick wits i realized there was a treasure right in front of him. Quickly it grabbed a piece of treasure from the pot and started to run.

Lucy then started to run after the other imp and soon caught him. " Stealing is bad, you shouldnt do it!"

"Aww, come on, it is just one piece" Muttered the imp.

"No, had it over and i will return it and you can go home, where ever it is." Lucy demanded.

"Geh, your so boring. Here go fetch" The Imp tossed the piece of gold and vanished.

Lucy went to pick the gold up and returned to The Leprechaun. "Here you have it"

"Thank you for returning the gold for me" Said The Leprechaun " i can be your friend" He smiled.

"Really?!" Asked Lucy.

"Yes, we can live here together if you want. Would that be you third wish?" He replayed.

"That would be my greatest wish!" She rushed over to hug The Leprechaun.

Since that day Lucy and The Leprechaun were living happily together and protecting over the Pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.
Edited By Ladyanki on 4/10/2022 at 7:10 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
This Page loaded in 0.014 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.