Forum Index > News and Announcements > Fortune Event Overview
Page 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Wampera
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Threads: 44
Posted: 3/23/2022 at 11:30 AM Post #41
heya, i bought that 5voucher chest ... but it doesnt work with pot so far ... i open the chest so i have 5 vouchers in inventory, but cant use them
Lanfear
Level 75
Spooky Shopper
Threads: 329
Posted: 3/23/2022 at 11:33 AM Post #42
You're really getting it all out there this fest Krin, thank you for the hard work. Its been really fun to play this year. The expedition is a real treat, I love that already.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 3/23/2022 at 11:51 AM Post #43
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=102059&page=4#39
Author: UntitledPrince
Time Posted: 3/23/2022 at 11:28 AM
Just bought the free play vouchers. Opened the box, have 5 vouchers in my inventory, but the "use item" button is not clickable and when I go to the lucky pot it says I have no free play vouchers there.

They should be useable now. =)

Sorry about that!
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 3/23/2022 at 11:52 AM Post #44
Extra pings. ^^^ Above post.
UntitledPrince
Level 75
Master Sylestiologist
Threads: 149
Posted: 3/23/2022 at 12:07 PM Post #45
Thanks!
Kalores
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 109
Posted: 3/23/2022 at 9:51 PM Post #46
So, loving the Secret Map feature so far, Krin! I got to play around with it a bit. I do hope they become a bit easier to acquire as they will prove quite useful in helping to get the higher tier LG materials that I need. Here's hoping those improved rates work in my favour.

Will they potentially be rewards for some of the forum games? I know as a player who's made it all the way to the Forgotten Temple, it would be something I would value highly.

Also, I really hope that this feature will be present in other events or festivals. I know rates will need to be monitored, but I really believe the Secret Map Feature will really help us to get some of those items/materials to help us progress in the Lost Grove. As someone who now works full time, I sadly cannot put as much time into Sylestia as I used to, so this feature is a big help to me :)
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 3/23/2022 at 10:33 PM Post #47
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=102059&page=5#46
Author: Kalores
Time Posted: 3/23/2022 at 9:51 PM
So, loving the Secret Map feature so far, Krin! I got to play around with it a bit. I do hope they become a bit easier to acquire as they will prove quite useful in helping to get the higher tier LG materials that I need. Here's hoping those improved rates work in my favour.

Will they potentially be rewards for some of the forum games? I know as a player who's made it all the way to the Forgotten Temple, it would be something I would value highly.

Also, I really hope that this feature will be present in other events or festivals. I know rates will need to be monitored, but I really believe the Secret Map Feature will really help us to get some of those items/materials to help us progress in the Lost Grove. As someone who now works full time, I sadly cannot put as much time into Sylestia as I used to, so this feature is a big help to me :)

It's very plausible that they could be awarded as Forum Game prizes.

In regards to the future of this feature, I did code it in such a way that it's very flexible. It's basically just a bunch of modular parts that I can instantly control/change/update/add in the database at will. So I would imagine we will release future iterations of it down the road. When, where, and how, I can't really say at this point.

Regarding all of the odds and such with it, we will have to collect a lot more data regarding everything about the feature to really know how to adjust it. This was a brand new feature across the board, so that means that a lot of guesswork and estimations had to be made at this point. We obviously wanted this feature to be focused on providing quick and easy valuable Lost Grove materials to players at all stages of progression, but we also have to be careful as to not overdo it either. It's a very tight balancing act.
Fox
Level 75
Master Sylestiologist
Threads: 398
Posted: 3/26/2022 at 2:13 AM Post #48
Hey Krin, I have some feedback on the... drop/spawn rates of things?

The secret map feature is very interesting and I'd love to play it more, but before it was released I only collected 8 maps. Since it's been released I haven't acquired a single map. Just wondering what's up with that. The drop rate for them seems... impossible now. Well in my case literally impossible. I haven't gotten a single one.

I saw a note from you about drop rates changing if you've beaten the second temple dungeon. Feels like I'm being punished for being far in the LG. I can grind all day and get very few ticket pieces and literally no map pieces. Being in the temple doesn't do anything (I get very few pot pieces there) and I miss out on potential Maeve encounters... I don't really understand the changes. I get that the grove and cave are easier for those who have beaten the temple, but the drops are just... really not great. Doesn't make me want to play. It's frustrating grinding all day and getting enough ticket pieces for 1-2 rounds of lucky pot and zero maps and still only 1 Maeve.

And Maeve's spawn rate seems REALLY low. Most days I encounter her once and that's it. Yesterday I encountered her 4 times and thought that was a miracle. I've seen a few others ask if it's even possible to encounter her more than once in a day.

Also a different note... idk if RNG is being mean but my lucky pots have been 90% pies. I literally got ALL pies on ALL of my scratches of a run yesterday.

Last thing, the themed pet meter on the lucky pot was full for quite a few runs before I actually got a pet. Like I'd say I got it to full and still needed to do like 5+ runs.... which is 50 tickets... and with being far into the temple that means I don't get very many ticket pieces.

Just some drop rates/spawns I have noticed throughout the event. I find it particularly odd I haven't gotten a single map piece since the feature released though. Don't know if it's my luck or what, but since the ticket drop changes and the map feature release my drops have been really really poor.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 3/26/2022 at 3:46 AM Post #49
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=102059&page=5#48
Author: Fox
Time Posted: 3/26/2022 at 2:13 AM
Hey Krin, I have some feedback on the... drop/spawn rates of things?

The secret map feature is very interesting and I'd love to play it more, but before it was released I only collected 8 maps. Since it's been released I haven't acquired a single map. Just wondering what's up with that. The drop rate for them seems... impossible now. Well in my case literally impossible. I haven't gotten a single one.

I saw a note from you about drop rates changing if you've beaten the second temple dungeon. Feels like I'm being punished for being far in the LG. I can grind all day and get very few ticket pieces and literally no map pieces. Being in the temple doesn't do anything (I get very few pot pieces there) and I miss out on potential Maeve encounters... I don't really understand the changes. I get that the grove and cave are easier for those who have beaten the temple, but the drops are just... really not great. Doesn't make me want to play. It's frustrating grinding all day and getting enough ticket pieces for 1-2 rounds of lucky pot and zero maps and still only 1 Maeve.

And Maeve's spawn rate seems REALLY low. Most days I encounter her once and that's it. Yesterday I encountered her 4 times and thought that was a miracle. I've seen a few others ask if it's even possible to encounter her more than once in a day.

Also a different note... idk if RNG is being mean but my lucky pots have been 90% pies. I literally got ALL pies on ALL of my scratches of a run yesterday.

Last thing, the themed pet meter on the lucky pot was full for quite a few runs before I actually got a pet. Like I'd say I got it to full and still needed to do like 5+ runs.... which is 50 tickets... and with being far into the temple that means I don't get very many ticket pieces.

Just some drop rates/spawns I have noticed throughout the event. I find it particularly odd I haven't gotten a single map piece since the feature released though. Don't know if it's my luck or what, but since the ticket drop changes and the map feature release my drops have been really really poor.

For the Secret Map drop rates in the Lost Grove, I have not changed them at all from the start of the Fortune Event. They have remained the same. The only thing I've done so far was make them more common as a reward from The Lucky Pot.

Regarding Maeve's spawn rate, it's the same as the Queen of Hearts from the Week of Love - same spawn rate, same boosting mechanic (although this time defeating enemies within the Ancient Temple increases the spawn boost counter; it did not for the Week of Love because of the Kitten Sisters).

Regarding The Lucky Pot drop rates, it is a very complex prize system because of how it works. There are only 24 spots per game and you have to scratch off 3 at a time to win a prize. The only consistency comes from the roll-over counters and the Themed Pet Bonus Bar. So, unfortunately, this causes it to have a pretty wide swing of RNG in either direction - very big spectrum. I basically look at the distribution of the prizes being awarded and then just increase/decrease odds if I want something more common or more rare. And then, by nature, adjusting one thing also adjusts everything else since everything is dependent on each other. Less spots/odds for one prize means more for the others - or vice versa.

Requiring 5 games at a full bonus bar is very uncommon. That is above the average. Again though, with how it works, there are just not guarantees. The prizes exist on the board each game and are set in stone when the game begins, but the player has to scratch them off. There is no fuddling on the backend. Once a game is started, all 24 prizes are locked onto their spots - it's just then up to the player to scratch them off. With a full bonus bar, there are a lot of Themed Pet prizes on the board - I believe it's possible to win 2 Themed Pets in one game at a full bar.

As I usually do with any Festival or Event, I'll continue monitoring drop rates/player activity and adjusting things behind the scenes as needed. It's always a fine balance of keeping rare things rare, but also avoiding players feeling like they are wasting their time or resources.
Edited By Krinadon on 3/26/2022 at 3:49 AM.
Fox
Level 75
Master Sylestiologist
Threads: 398
Posted: 3/26/2022 at 12:55 PM Post #50
Ok, thanks for the response. All good information and basically my luck is really trash lol. I didn't think anything was changed (other than the drop rates for beating dungeon 2), just thought it might be information for you.

It's just really disappointing to not get a single map. It seems like so insanely rare and impossible to get. I really haven't been able to play that feature since the release of it. xD

Just seems like.. I'm missing out and it's not even worth playing/grinding on the site for as long as I do. Nothing drops anyways so why am I grinding? Just how it feels.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.