Level 75
The Artistic
Threads: 313
Posted: 3/18/2022 at 3:45 PM Post #21
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=102059&page=2#20
Author: Krinadon
Time Posted: 3/18/2022 at 2:43 PM
[quote=2631928]

It's just something that is very tough to balance right now. Players who have had access to Primordial Equipment and who have Rank 5 Expertise can obliterate even the deep part of the Forsaken Caverns enemies. Whereas someone who has not been able to defeat the Crystalline Behemoth will not be able to do that - so at their best, they would be defeating Enemies much slower.

Since Enemies do not get any more difficult once Stage 13 has been reached, this is my way of counterbalancing that.

It's just extremely difficult trying to serve the exact same content in the same zone to players spread across a massive progression tier. I obviously do not want to put a very valuable limited reward somewhere that a player can farm an exorbitant amount of with little effort. I am trying to balance things as best as I can so that the experience is somewhat comparable from one player to the next regardless of their progression.

While I agree that everything from before is rather easy once you hit stage 13, I am one of those in a sticky spot where difficulty is concerned: I was strong enough to beat the worm, but am currently not strong enough to beat the bosses in the first temple in order to access infinite enemy mode. This means that once I defeat the enemies in the temple for the week.... I'm done. I can't possibly get any lucky ticket pieces from enemy drops (other than the other grove elites deciding to drop something and the other grove bosses deciding to come out of hiding). I'd ask if, for this event only, we could reset the temples once per day, but I think that might throw things out of whack with those that are progressed enough to be on the third temple and able to wipe out all the bosses every day rather than just once per week...

For those in my position (and I know there are a few of us) this does feel a little.... I don't want to say 'unfair', because it isn't exactly. It just feels... frustrating. We're missing out because we're too strong for what came before, but not quite strong enough to take advantage of all that stage 13 could offer.

Too bad that the cut off couldn't somehow be 'have beaten the first temple' instead.
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,117
Posted: 3/18/2022 at 5:07 PM Post #22
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=102059&page=3#21
Author: Mikazukichan
Time Posted: 3/18/2022 at 3:45 PM
[quote=2632063]

While I agree that everything from before is rather easy once you hit stage 13, I am one of those in a sticky spot where difficulty is concerned: I was strong enough to beat the worm, but am currently not strong enough to beat the bosses in the first temple in order to access infinite enemy mode. This means that once I defeat the enemies in the temple for the week.... I'm done. I can't possibly get any lucky ticket pieces from enemy drops (other than the other grove elites deciding to drop something and the other grove bosses deciding to come out of hiding). I'd ask if, for this event only, we could reset the temples once per day, but I think that might throw things out of whack with those that are progressed enough to be on the third temple and able to wipe out all the bosses every day rather than just once per week...

For those in my position (and I know there are a few of us) this does feel a little.... I don't want to say 'unfair', because it isn't exactly. It just feels... frustrating. We're missing out because we're too strong for what came before, but not quite strong enough to take advantage of all that stage 13 could offer.

Too bad that the cut off couldn't somehow be 'have beaten the first temple' instead.

This is a very fair point. I will see what I can do. I'll post an announcement once I can figure out what I can do here.
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 3/18/2022 at 6:11 PM Post #23
not sure how easy either would be to do, but you could either have it so the ticket drops from the forest/caves don't change until a player's cleared North 1, or make North 1 automatically in infinite mode until Nynomax is beaten for the duration of the fortune fest (so infinite mode > nynomax beaten > infinite mode off, orb appears so player can toggle it back on? Or it just stays on and they interact with orb to turn off if desired)? (option 1 might be the easier one?) That way the people who can get past North 1 aren't really getting an advantage?
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Posted: 3/19/2022 at 1:07 AM Post #24
Alright. I have changed the random Piece of Lucky Pot Ticket drops up to be more lenient.

If you have not yet reached Stage 13 of the Lost Grove, nothing has changed.

If you have reached Stage 13, but have yet to clear the second Dungeon for the first time, you still have the same drop rates as if you were not at Stage 13.

If you have cleared the second Dungeon and you are battling inside any of the Dungeons, you still have the same drop rates as if you were not at Stage 13.

If you have cleared the second Dungeon and you are battling outside of the Dungeons, you will have a reduced drop rate from random enemies while roaming around.

I hope this can help to make it a bit easier for players and not feel punished for advancing through the content. I think this is a very fair compromise.

Edit: Also, as a side note regarding Maeve. While she can only spawn outside of the Dungeons, you can boost her spawn by battling inside of the Dungeon. Enemies inside any of the Dungeons will count towards the spawn boost mechanic. You will just have to leave the Dungeon to go actually spawn/battle her.
Edited By Krinadon on 3/19/2022 at 1:19 AM.
SpaceElf1
Level 75
Ghost Writer
Threads: 669
Posted: 3/19/2022 at 1:36 AM Post #25
Thank you Krin.
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Posted: 3/19/2022 at 2:24 AM Post #26
We have added the following Avatar Items to The Lucky Pot prize pool:

[Celtic Warrior's Companion (Shamrock)]
[Celtic Warrior's Spear (Shamrock)]
[Celtic Warrior's Garb (Shamrock)]
[Celtic Warrior's Helm (Long - Shamrock)]
[Celtic Warrior's Helm (Short - Shamrock)]
[Celtic Warrior's Cloak (Shamrock)]

Painteventer
Level 75
The Fortuitous
Threads: 60
Posted: 3/19/2022 at 8:22 AM Post #27
Sorry for the ping >.< bad habit for replies

Thank you!! Ive made it to the first dungeon and can clear the first floor but thats it so far. I honestly spend very little time in the dungeons, once I clear my named for the week I dont really touch it. My life is just busy enough that I have pretty limited time on here so I feel its better spent going through the other zones. Im really happy to hear the dungeon battles count towards Maeve though, that makes me feel better about making time to go in there.
Edited By Painteventer on 3/19/2022 at 8:23 AM.
Mikazukichan
Level 75
The Artistic
Posted: 3/19/2022 at 10:30 AM Post #28
Thank you so much, Krin! I really appreciate it ^__^
Katzpetz
Level 62
Threads: 1
Posted: 3/19/2022 at 10:38 AM Post #29
Hi, dumb question, but what level is the Lost Grove? I don't think I've gotten high enough to participate because I'm not seeing it on the world map where I can go yet.
Mikazukichan
Level 75
The Artistic
Posted: 3/19/2022 at 10:49 AM Post #30
The Lost Grove (LG) is the current end game content and is accessed after the rest of the story quests have been completed (typically around levels 60-65, but depending on how fast you are able to complete the rest of the areas of the game, your team may be higher or lower than that - though it isn't really advisable to enter the LG below level 60 for the first time, as the area assumes you are at least that level). So, as long as you keep going along the path of the story, you will get there ^.^
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.