Players 2,437 399
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,235,311 1,122
Generated 656,000 45
Captured 1,189,917 95
Bred 6,389,302 982
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 2022 Week of Love - Create a Sylestian V...
Page 2 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Dreamfyre
Level 75
Omniscient Gardener
Threads: 30
Posted: 2/27/2022 at 10:39 PM Post #11

Also made some jewellery

Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 3/3/2022 at 8:27 PM Post #12
base sketch (forgot nametag, but we have enough ones that do that it doesn't matter

clean sketch

initial lines, second drawing that we originally did to test out out new pens

filling in

Final card, having decided that I liked both images for different reasons and that I should just use both
... and starring a terrible candy-heart-tier pun

Tested out our new metallic gold and silver markers and some aquapainters that I got who knows when
Was once again jarringly reminded that, oh yeah, gel pens,,, take a bit to dry. Got ink all along the side of my hand and spread it a bit where it shouldn't oops.
some stray jots from the aqua painter pen but to be fair I have never used one of these before

Dates on the sheet are a bit wonky because I lost track of what the date was, oops (time... fake), not helped by the fact that I'm quite a lot of timezones ahead of sylestia time (by what, 17 hours or so?) so I never know if I should use my date or the sylestian date
Edited By Scathreoite on 3/3/2022 at 8:28 PM.
Oiseau
Level 75
Lurker of the Depths
Threads: 88
Posted: 3/5/2022 at 10:46 PM Post #13
Last minute as per usual! Well, actually I'm a bit ahead of schedule and got done a day early!

Some Bunny Loves You!

Let's get going!

Hmm look at these feets. Wonder who they might belong to?

We've got some very thick thighs here!

And some toe beans!

Look at that booty a-a

This head is coming along nicely!

Stabbing up a few gems. I totally didn't prick my fingers like, 6 times. Nope not at all

Almost there!!

This definitely took the longest. Each fluff is half a strand of chunky yarn, individually threaded into each and every stitch.
Everything was then glued down on the inside via some glue and a paintbrush.

A few finishing touches (and a head) and boom! Done!

A few notes about my entry:
-This is entirely freehanded crochet! I just went with the flow and used my skills to figure out how to shape everything. Very proud of myself, especially since I did it all in one go.
-The gems, inner ears, and nose are needle felted. I created my own "wool" roving by brushing out yarn
-The tail is made of brushed out yarn and then shaped by a ton of trimming. A ton. So much yarn fluff to vacuum up
-Bunny stands about 8 inches tall, not including ears.
Cececat
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Threads: 183
Posted: 3/5/2022 at 11:34 PM Post #14
I'm here! let's get into it! I had this idea to wrap a Nephini around a heart and make a cute little display Valentine out of it. Didn't quite turn out how I hoped but it's cute nonetheless.

I started by disassembling a little Valentine table decoration I found, one of those with the cement base that I could work off of. And then I started some clay work.

I'm just using Sculpey clay and I colored it using colored pencil shavings and gel pen ink because I don't have many better options.

I decided to ditch the wings and the ears of my Nephini, I'm not skilled enough at clay for that so I wanted to just embrace the noodle-ness of them.

Now I started making some cute little chocolates to accompany my Neph. I made two different peanut butter chocolates. One has pretzels in it and is covered in chocolate and the other resembles Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.

And it was at this point that my dad threw away my little nametag, so the next few pics won't have my user in it but the sign will reappear at the end.

I also homemade conversation hearts, which I would not recommend to anyone. It was a mess of gelatin and powdered sugar ... and food coloring. I would've written on them but I made them too small and they would have looked ugly so I just left them blank.

I just stuck it all in the little stand and here is the final product! A cute little chocolate valentine with a guardian noodle to keep you company. ^^

And here are the pics with my user, and a bit of the aftermath for verification purposes. :)

Kalores
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 109
Posted: 3/6/2022 at 11:58 AM Post #15
Here is my entry for the Week of Love Sylestian Valentine contest. I decided to try something a little different.

I tried my hand at making a snowflake heart Valentine. It was definitely an interesting experience trying to get all those tiny details. I started off using larger scissors to cut out the heart shape, then I moved to using nail scissors to do all the fine details. If I were to try this again, I'd definitely go for a larger piece of paper so I could try and do a lot more detail in the design. Regardless, I had a lot of fun doing it~
Marsandin
Level 75
The Jolly
Threads: 20
Posted: 3/6/2022 at 7:39 PM Post #16
https://imgur.com/a/gxk5TJH
Cutting this one a bit close on the deadline :D, but got it done.

Started out with an old flower crown I made around valentines last year, but never really enjoyed since the roses stuck up to far for my personal tastes.

Finalizing the design with a wax stamp for the o in Love

Drawing a Ferriki to go into the roses to match the phrase.

Drawing a second one, but just the tail. I didn't want to draw another face.

I put it all together and it's done!
Edited By Marsandin on 3/6/2022 at 7:40 PM.
Tigress
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Threads: 371
Posted: 3/6/2022 at 9:36 PM Post #17
I've been really into crocheting lately so I decided to try my hand at creating my own pattern. The end result was not quite what I had envisioned but still cute nonetheless! Also a perfect excuse to give my platonic wifey more presents >:D

@Aelingalathynius
Happy late valentines day, my rikki queen <3 I'll probably lump this present with your bday present and ship it all during my spring break ^^

The brainstorming with some rough notes

Started the head and body~ Had to change some of the measurements since my original design was going to be wayy too big, especially with the chonky yarn

Finished the body :D I decided to shrink the body a bit to a) go for a cuter chibi look, and b) because I was worried about running out of yarn :"))

Onward to the limbs. Took a couple tries to get a size that didn't look too awkward with the body.

The tail was the wonkiest part to get right due to it's shape, but I think it turned out pretty good!

Made the ears and put it all together! I decided to attach the tail on the side instead of directly behind it since that made it look too much like a squirrel. (Just for you, Ael)
Also embroidered on the eyes, it looks a little like a pokemon now.

I tried recreating the rikki's derpy little grin but was Not getting it right xD I can't decide if it looks more like a rabbit or a horrible mustache.

Huge gap in photos here; I made and attached the orb, a heart for it to hold, its head floofs (never noticed they grew from the top of the head :o), and tail floofs. Also tried a different look for the mouth.

Varyntha
Level 72
Maze Runner
Threads: 22
Posted: 3/6/2022 at 10:54 PM Post #18

I had other prior photos but found out that I wasn't going to be able to get photos from phones so had to finish before I left instead of the original plan.

The camera on my computer is not so good, so I don't know if all the little detail work I did like shadings with coloured pencil or the little construction paper cutouts can be perceived... :S

I seem to be missing some photos that I know I took and I don't even know what that could be about. Checked my Recycle Bin and everything... <_<;; So I guess I can't show the befores and afters of the little strips of paper for the string runner loops and the paper strings and the paper ...guide thingies to keep things in place. >_< I guess that doesn't matter because you can still see the end Valentine(s). ^_^

Tried to get a clearer image of the writing, but it still isn't very easy to see. It is delicate curly lettering that says "You Make My Heart Soar" on the left heart and "You Are The Light Of My Heart" on the right heart.

Intermediate shot so you can kind of see how the various pieces move into place from behind.

The fully extended finished Valentine(s). ^u^
Oh, it looks like I may have gotten a little overzealous pulling out the firefly abdomen on the right heart and may have broken it... :<
Aelingalathynius
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 37
Posted: 3/7/2022 at 11:04 AM Post #19
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=101782&page=2#17
Author: Tigress
Time Posted: 3/6/2022 at 9:36 PM
I've been really into crocheting lately so I decided to try my hand at creating my own pattern. The end result was not quite what I had envisioned but still cute nonetheless! Also a perfect excuse to give my platonic wifey more presents >:D

@Aelingalathynius
Happy late valentines day, my rikki queen <3 I'll probably lump this present with your bday present and ship it all during my spring break ^^

The brainstorming with some rough notes

Started the head and body~ Had to change some of the measurements since my original design was going to be wayy too big, especially with the chonky yarn

Finished the body :D I decided to shrink the body a bit to a) go for a cuter chibi look, and b) because I was worried about running out of yarn :"))

Onward to the limbs. Took a couple tries to get a size that didn't look too awkward with the body.

The tail was the wonkiest part to get right due to it's shape, but I think it turned out pretty good!

Made the ears and put it all together! I decided to attach the tail on the side instead of directly behind it since that made it look too much like a squirrel. (Just for you, Ael)
Also embroidered on the eyes, it looks a little like a pokemon now.

I tried recreating the rikki's derpy little grin but was Not getting it right xD I can't decide if it looks more like a rabbit or a horrible mustache.

Huge gap in photos here; I made and attached the orb, a heart for it to hold, its head floofs (never noticed they grew from the top of the head :o), and tail floofs. Also tried a different look for the mouth.

I LOVE YOU <3
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 3/10/2022 at 12:45 PM Post #20
1st Place Winner(s)

Prizes: 2,000 Diamonds, Free Stable, [Peerless Avatar Token] x1, 3-Visible Charming Cherub Zolnixi x1, [Candy Heart Complete Set] x10, [Philter of Trait Disruption] x3

Oiseau

Tigress

2nd Place Winner(s)

Prizes: 1,000 Diamonds, Free Stable, [Peerless Avatar Token] x1, 3-Visible Charming Cherub Zolnixi x1, [Candy Heart Complete Set] x5, [Philter of Trait Disruption] x1

Ksng

Thepancakecorgi

3rd Place Winner(s)

Prizes: 500 Diamonds, Free Stable, [Peerless Avatar Token] x1, 3-Visible Charming Cherub Zolnixi x1

Marsandin

Scathreoite

All Participants

Prizes: Title: Cutely Creative, 2-Visible Charming Cherub Zolnixi x2, [Candy Heart Complete Set] x5
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.