Players 2,541 413
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,205,120 843
Generated 653,649 74
Captured 1,186,817 93
Bred 6,364,562 676
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Games, Contests, and Giveaways > Typh's Birthday Bash, & 9th Anni...
Page 16 1, 2, 3... 15, 16, 17, 18 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Vampory
Level 75
The Carver
Threads: 47
Posted: 2/6/2022 at 12:29 AM Post #151
*sneaks in* psst, may i have a second number? 55 perhaps?
Typhlosion
Level 75
Wondrous Witch
Threads: 331
Posted: 2/7/2022 at 9:13 PM Post #152
It was definitely a powerful piece - in a lot of different ways. I love how you embodied Cryos society, especially; the cruelty with Polaris' parents was on point. I do think that maybe, ah, he did not feel quite enough in the situation? He showed the disposition of a Cryos Naturekin, but he did possess the power of a Pyros one; particularly throughout the story wherein he lived in Cryos civilization. A Naturekin doesn't exactly harness the element that they are attuned to; rather it is them, if that makes sense. I'm sort of missing the burning emotion a Pyros Naturekin should feel - even one that is half Cryos. Especially if fire is the element running through his veins.
This is just me, of course. I wouldn't take too much stock in what I have to say. Polaris did what he did because it was what he was raised to do. Because it was all that he had ever known. But he did not seem betrayed enough by his parents; nor did he seem to care enough about his parents. Again, it was all that he had ever known. Perhaps he did not feel strongly in any other way. Perhaps it was just to survive. But those characteristics are Cryos, not Pyros.
Sonrisa
Level 75
Ghost Writer
Threads: 253
Posted: 2/15/2022 at 10:29 AM Post #153
I'd like to toss something in for the short story. Not sure why indents aren't working, but I tried a different way to split up paragraphs. For "Cryos people, Floros people," I abbreviated to Cryosian and Florosian. Not sure if you have a system already for that ^^

"I thought Cyros hated trespassers. Would they not extend the same courtesy to others?"

The Cryos girl struggled to turn over, groaning and wiping the dirt from her face with one slate-colored hand. Peering up with dark eyes, she took in the other girl before her. Verdant emerald skin, two short, curling horns sprouting out of auburn hair, golden flowers winding through her braided locks.

Her face was split by a wry smile. Quite frankly, she was beautiful, and even the Cryos girl struggled to ignore her radiance. Damn Floros.

"Trespassing requires a degree of choice," she spat, sitting back and eying the Floros warily. "I would never choose to risk punishment to come here."

She eyed the forest around her with cold disdain. The grove she had collapsed in was saturated with color, brilliant flowers blooming around the bases of massive, sprawling trees, and dappled with midday sunlight.

The Floros girl paused, eyes wide, then burst into trickling laughter. The other girl eyed her in confusion, her sneer fading. The girl wiped away tears of mirth, then held a hand out for the Cryos to take.

"I'm Vixen," she said, beaming. "What's your name?"

"Brisk," the girl replied, remaining on the ground and eyeing the girl's hand.

"Staying in the dirt? Alright, then." Vixen plopped down next to her, tucking her arms behind her head and laying in the grass. "Tell me your story. You don't want to be here, hmm? Looks like the forest doesn't really want you here, either."

Brisk blinked, then followed the girl's eyes. The grass where she had collapsed was brown, covered in a thin layer of frost. Her heart sank. Trespassing? Damaging someone's property?

Running from your family?

"I'll leave then," she said, pushing herself up and standing, then stumbling. Vixen was beside her in a moment, wrapping one dappled arm under Brisk's shoulders and helping her stand.

"No, I didn't mean that," Vixen sighed, covering her eyes with one hand. "Bear with me, I'm not the most, well, what do you say? Eloquent?"

"No, you're not," Brisk muttered, "Far from it."

A faint look crossed the girl's face, but was gone before Brisk could interpret it, replaced by that vibrant smile.

"Then let me try again. I'm Vixen Luorous, and I'm very curious about the strange Cryos girl that stumbled into the Warden's Grove." She gestured widely with her free arm, then looked back at Brisk's face.

Brisk blinked, then shook her head as if to clear it. "Warden's Grove? I've never heard of it."

"That's alright, I'll teach you," Vixen replied, starting to walk and lead Brisk along. "I actually started to practice my magic in this very clearing, you see that rosebush there? That's where I grew my first full flower! And I fell out of that tree when I was seven, dad's always said that I'm a klutz. And there's a river past here-"

"i didn't ask for storytime," Brisk said, "Where am I?"

"Uh, Warden's Grove? Didn't I say that? I might've forgot-"

"No, treehugger. Where in Ipira?"

Vixen flinched at the insult, her smile wavering. "Ipira? I don't know what that is."

Brisk stared at her in disbelief. "Ipira? You know, the literal world?"

"I've never left Warden's Grove. But... I'm open to learning? If you want to teach me, of course. It's a long way to walk."

Brisk shook her head. "I've got nothing better to do."

The bright smile returned. "Then tell me. What's Ipira, oh wise Cryos?"
Edited By Sonrisa on 2/15/2022 at 10:40 AM.
Typhlosion
Level 75
Wondrous Witch
Posted: 2/15/2022 at 10:37 AM Post #154
For abbreviations, it would either be the general Naturekin (all people that fit under this), or just Cryos or Floros. There is nothing else :P
Sonrisa
Level 75
Ghost Writer
Threads: 253
Posted: 2/15/2022 at 10:40 AM Post #155
I'll edit it, then. Thanks :)
Aphelion
Level 75
Fright Master
Threads: 113
Posted: 2/17/2022 at 12:13 PM Post #156
Hi!

Just curious and wanted to ask about the 'To Name a Flower' minigame, seeing as the date has passed.
Typhlosion
Level 75
Wondrous Witch
Posted: 3/15/2022 at 3:33 PM Post #157
I apologize for disappearing! I had some irl stuff pop up, so I kinda just...well, it was not a good time. I am back now, so here goes for fixing up everything. I will do a post per each contest/game that has ended, starting, of course, with the 6vis Bulbori design contest.

6vis Bulbori Design Winners:

Halogen Heart - WildcatBlue

Rave Night - Limor

Night Waters - Aphelion

Thank you for playing, everyone! The winners will be sent their Stardust Lambs shortly <3
(There might be a bit of a delay in project creating for these gorgeous bulbs, but rest assured that they will be created! I just currently have a bit of a backlog to go through :') )
Typhlosion
Level 75
Wondrous Witch
Posted: 3/15/2022 at 3:48 PM Post #158
Max Stat Bulbori Team Raffle:

Aaaaand the winners....

Based on the number correspondance on the raffle entry sheet ....

94 - Malas120 (Bulbori Winner)
18 - Elune (Mystery Prize Winner)

Bulbs will be set up for the raffle winner, and the mystery prize shall be sent as well! :D <3
Thank you all for playing!
CeruleanCrow
Level 75
High Warlord
Threads: 86
Posted: 3/15/2022 at 3:54 PM Post #159
Ahhhh thank you so much Typh! I hope you had the best of birthdays and a wonderful anniversary!!! <3
Typhlosion
Level 75
Wondrous Witch
Posted: 3/15/2022 at 4:04 PM Post #160
Short Story Contest Winners:
Because we had 4 entries total, I've decided that even the 4th place winner will win some dias! So, for fourth place, the prize shall be 100 dias. :')

1st Place - 1,000 dias
Aphelion - "Erelict"

Oh my goodness, I absolutely loved this portrayal of Cryos society - they were cold, mean, heartless lil b-words. Absolutely perfect.

2nd Place - 500 dias
Sonrisa - "Un-named"

Brisk and Vixen are my new ship. 'Nuff said.
(In all seriousness, I really did love the chemistry and interaction between the two. Beeg fan of how it all went down).

3rd Place - 200 dias
Hiraeth - "Un-named"

Leto is adorable! Definitely not canon, but very enjoyable regardless. Also, ily <3

4th Place - 100 dias
Mizdee - "Becoming"

The society portrayed is definitely wholly Naturekin; yeah, they kind of suck to anyone who's different. In any way. And I absolutely love the way you included that - in even the nicknames that the speaker is called. Very, very good. :D

I want to make sure y'all know that I loved all of your stories, and that they are all winners in my book. Keep on writing, you're awesome! <3
P.S. don't forget to set up the CE, and let me know when you do. I am very forgetful so very plz do this. :')
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 15, 16, 17, 18
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.