Page 3 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Nightbane
Level 75
Knight
Threads: 288
Posted: 12/29/2021 at 3:05 AM Post #21
agreed, i bred "mixed" pets before due to my color confusion^^"

and yes i should start naming everything but i'm not keeping every pet and naming suck with a messy stable lol
Edited By NightbaneWolf on 12/29/2021 at 3:05 AM.
Aphelion
Level 75
Fright Master
Threads: 113
Posted: 12/29/2021 at 6:15 AM Post #22
It should be noted that regarding the 0vis themes, with so many themed designs out there, invariably we will be getting some repetition in colours. As the number increases, the more overlap will happen, so while there is still space for people to create designs with unique base colours, it will get harder and so maybe we shouldn't be focusing too much on them. What we should be worrying about more is the palette for the rest of the traits.

Case in point:

But it gets better when we start adding vises:

Still a bit similar, imo, but at least differentiable.

That being said, base colours that look exactly the same definitely should be called out.
EvilNapkin
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 55
Posted: 12/29/2021 at 9:41 AM Post #23
I completely agree ^^, and I was waiting for someone to make this point.

Here are some relatively recent "brown" Bulbori themes.

And I will let these 3vis versions speak for themselves.
SpaceElf1
Level 75
Ghost Writer
Threads: 669
Posted: 12/29/2021 at 12:00 PM Post #24
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=101232&page=3#22
Author: Aphelion
Time Posted: 12/29/2021 at 6:15 AM
It should be noted that regarding the 0vis themes, with so many themed designs out there, invariably we will be getting some repetition in colours. As the number increases, the more overlap will happen, so while there is still space for people to create designs with unique base colours, it will get harder and so maybe we shouldn't be focusing too much on them. What we should be worrying about more is the palette for the rest of the traits.

Case in point:

But it gets better when we start adding vises:

Still a bit similar, imo, but at least differentiable.

That being said, base colours that look exactly the same definitely should be called out.

Aphelion has a good point. Similar base colors at times are understandable--but maybe we shouldn't have them during the exact same Festival. Baney points out that too-similar colors can lead to crossbreeding, but if the pets of the same species that have similar base colors are from completely different Festivals, they will be different ages, decreasing the chances of accidental crossbreeding.

Please note that I am just fine with crossbreeds provided that creating a crossbreed was the breeder's intent.
Typhlosion
Level 75
Wondrous Witch
Threads: 331
Posted: 12/29/2021 at 12:05 PM Post #25
I think that the overlap would be fine! ...if brown wasn't the only color getting this much attention. You find no overlap with virtually any of the other colors - and that's pretty much because brown has been taking the spotlight.
(I do want to argue against the ancient mosaic, because that is most definitely black and not brown, though.)

And for reference, here are all the brown-and-blue bulb themes to speak of:

Frozen Tundra, Sunken Treasure, Frosty Soil, Forest Shadow

Sunken Treasure and Frosty Soil may get different with traits, but look at how similar they look without them. I'm pretty sure that gem color is pretty much the exact same between them.

Traits and a tag are the only way to tell them apart, and it just...it shouldn't be that way.
Edited By Typhlosion on 12/29/2021 at 12:08 PM.
EvilNapkin
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 55
Posted: 12/29/2021 at 12:18 PM Post #26
I wonder if this can be fixed someday when the revamp happens. No-vis Bulbs only have 4 colours currently; if more of the body colour was drawn from elsewhere then maybe they would all look more unique. Just an idea.

Edit: I no longer agree with this point I made. Most pets have only 3-4 base colours.
Edited By EvilNapkin on 3/12/2022 at 8:04 PM.
Aphelion
Level 75
Fright Master
Threads: 113
Posted: 12/29/2021 at 12:36 PM Post #27
I see your point, and I agree! Brown and blue should feature less prominently in designs picked if there's a lot of them already. My point was more about outside of the balance of colours in designs, within a single colour (if there isn't too much of it) we shouldn't be concerned about the 0vis being similar unless the whole palettes are the same.
Nightbane
Level 75
Knight
Posted: 12/29/2021 at 4:44 PM Post #28
EDIT:Adding more and I know someone is going to mention 'how can you mix slight colors'? I'm a veteran player, in the earlier days on sylestia you had more tagged/themed pets whose colors are wayyyyyyyyy off, so naturally I have grown used to weirdly colored themed and it doesn't make me bat an eye too much, so unfortunately my first thought processes isn't always 'check if its the right one' because i'm used to like, example, supposed dark brown pets being paler or darker, or black pets looking weirdly purpleish.

like some vorpas got me confused, i mixed themed

some zolnixis i got confused, and mixed bred

and so on, so on

plus some bulboris as well

its horrible for me with nixi and vorpa the most like...

and alot of them have similar colorations which means you have to CAREFULLY look at

Burning Ember Zolnixi:

Chocolate candy:

chocolate delight:

---------
cave fungus:

black toad:

dark waters:

conjuror's soul:

dark love:

emperor:

sugar plum:

smoothie:

chocolate fudge

chocolate swirl:

water snake:

black toad:

zombified:

....theres more with similar colorations i can def point out....but i have to go eat so new post next time around....

but yeah like some themed got their bit an bobs of color difference but you CAN still get confused if you mischeck a color and didn't notice......................and also computer screen can lowkey suck too so...
Edited By NightbaneWolf on 12/29/2021 at 8:19 PM.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 12/29/2021 at 7:42 PM Post #29
feel free to post all your examples, the more we have to show the better :)
Nightbane
Level 75
Knight
Posted: 12/29/2021 at 8:08 PM Post #30
Will do, i'm just not too sure how well they work for examples though tbh o_O

since alot of my examples comes from the way older sylestia was with offcolor themed pets lmao
Edited By NightbaneWolf on 12/29/2021 at 8:16 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.