Players 2,422 378
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,239,928 1,189
Generated 656,151 22
Captured 1,190,346 61
Bred 6,393,337 1,106
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Dungeon and Zone Discussion > Umbra Forest - Trouble with Enigmatic Gr...
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Dragonflower
Level 40
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 5
Posted: 12/2/2021 at 12:08 PM Post #1
Hello!

I'm having trouble getting past the cave fight with the 3 trolls, because every time they knock one of your pets unconscious. Does anyone have any ideas on a better way to fight it? or a certain strategy going in? Both of my pets are level 35 at that stage.

I've revived my pets 4 times please help-
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 12/2/2021 at 9:03 PM Post #2
yeah, they automatically KO your slot 1 pet I think (which you can then immediately revive with a draught)
What pets are you using and in what slot order?
Dragonflower
Level 40
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 12/3/2021 at 11:43 AM Post #3
Lillian (https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=6689320) and Ripple https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=6689416 are my two party members, with Ripple in the middle(?) and Lillian on the side that's facing closest to the battle menu.
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 12/3/2021 at 2:10 PM Post #4
well, step one is getting your third party slot unlocked at Sanctuary of Saerielle
(also when people refer to party order, it's slot 1/ slot 2/ slot 3, as ordered on the Party page left to right)

The most typical team setup is Tank in slot 1, generally Earth, Shadow, or Water, sometimes Light, then Healer (Light, sometimes a Water Buffer instead, but those aren't really viable until later levels) and Attacker (Fire or Air)

First thing to note about party setup itself, the elements, which are broken into two categories- the Physical and Magical elements
Physical: Earth, Water, Air
Magical: Light, Shadow, Fire

Physical elements use the Physical Damage stat (controlled by their Strength stat and Relic Bonus) to determine their attacks' outputs
Magical elements use the Magical Damage stat (controlled by Intelligence stat and Relic Bonus) for theirs.

Physical elements cannot use the magical damage stat at all, and vice versa

So on a Physical element, you want Strength-focused equipment, and on a Magical you want Intelligence-focused equips

Then there's Dexterity and Agility.
Tank pets should have equips that have more Agility, since it raised Defence and Evasion
Attacker pets should get Dexterity-raising equips, since Dex raises Accuracy and Critical Hit Chance (Fire and Air both use crits to inflict their base attacks' debuff)
Healers typically get primarily equipped with those that give Dex, since the accuracy and crits are more useful to them.

(Both Dex and Agi share their control of a pet's speed equally (a pet with 300 dex and 100 agi has the same speed as one that's 200 dex/200agi etc))

Base kinds of equip (up until you hit lv60+ and can use lost grove equips):
Assassin = Str/Agi
Myrmidon = Str/Dex
Illusionist = Int/Agi
Evoker = Int/Dex
(then there's also
Disciple = Average all around, not as good, but can serve as placeholder
Arcanist = everything is Int and everything else is garbage
Ravager = everything is Str and everything else is garbage)

Using all this, you can determine what type of equip a pet should have-
A Water Tank = Physical + Tank = Strength + Agility = Assassin
A Light Healer = Magical + Healer = Int + Dex = Evoker

Additionally, both an equip's level and rarity determine what stats it has.
(uncommon equips are garbage and should always be replaced asap)

Main notes on your party equips currently:
Swap their relics- Lilian, being a water type, can't really make use of the Evoker relic that she has, where Ripple can
Replace Lilian's second bracer asap- while it is epic, it's only level 5
Replace Ripple's bracers when you can, they're lv20, but they're uncommon

If you like I could open a bunch of my lv25 mission satchels and see if I get any lv25 epic or legendary equips that match the two of them?

(final note, once you get a light healer up and running you might want to swap Ripple's prof points. Tanks usually have any given combination of HP, offense, and Agility profs, depending on player style, pet element, and pet stats, but light healers and attacker pets generally end up focused in offense + dexterity; with their Tank taking the majority of the damage, and the healer recovering the party's hp, the non-tank two don't really need hp points. Some people do keep some HP on all their pets, though!)
Dragonflower
Level 40
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 12/3/2021 at 2:49 PM Post #5
Hi! I went ahead and switched out the items that you said to.

So, should I attune my next pet to light then?
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 12/3/2021 at 9:22 PM Post #6
Yes, a Light healer would be the usual thing to do- they are very useful

Also, take note of the equips your pets now have- Ripple, the fire pet, who should have Int/Dex gear, has a Myrmidon (str/dex) and an Assassin (str/agi) bracelet, while Lilian, the Water tank, who does best with str/agi, has an Illusionist (int/agi) bracelet

So
Water Tank > Assassin equips
Light Healer > either Evoker or Illusionist, but most commonly Evoker for the higher accuracy and chance of critical hit beam and fairy light attacks
Fire Attacker > Evoker

(Earth tanks also get assassin
Shadow tanks and light tanks get illusionist
air attackers get myrmidon
water buffers get myrmidon or assassin)

sent over a handful of equips that we got from opening lv25 very hard mission satchels that you can use
Dragonflower
Level 40
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 12/3/2021 at 9:24 PM Post #7
Awesome thank you! I'll go ahead and equip those. But how do I get enough gold to get the 3rd party slot? I don't have the 25k needed.

Also, what Proficiency points do I assign to my light healer?
Edited By Dragonflower on 12/3/2021 at 9:30 PM.
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 12/3/2021 at 9:30 PM Post #8
there's guides to making gold in the player guides forum, but the most common ways are
a) doing Missions
or the more tedious
b) running through areas in region 1 opening chests for gold and fighting fights to sell all the equip drops you get

guide to making gold
guide to missions pets and missions

Missions are far and away the best way, since aside from the base gold payout, you also get reputation with the town (allows you to buy more stuff in town hall, I think maybe the higher tier missions are also locked until you raise your reputation rank? been an eternity since I was at that stage so I can't remember) exp for the pet, and mission satchels, which can contain gold, equips (which you can use or sell), and healing items (which you can ALSO use or sell), with the very rare chance of an Essence drop (can be either a Regular or Enhanced essence)
You can get up to 6 total mission slots (so you can have six missions running at once), though you have to unlock them at the Esior Plaza

You can see our mission payout study here
Edited By Scathreoite on 12/3/2021 at 9:31 PM.
Dragonflower
Level 40
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 12/3/2021 at 9:33 PM Post #9
Awesome, thanks! I didn't edit my message quickly enough lol, so I'll just go ahead and ask again if that's ok!

What proficiency point do I put on my light healer?
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 12/3/2021 at 9:42 PM Post #10
well, as mentioned previously, tank pets usually have a combo of hp/offense/agi varying by player, pet, and element

Attackers, it's usually all in on Offense and Dex (lv75, pretty much all attackers are 3 offense/3 dex, lv60's are generally 2 offense/1dex, and a lv30 might be either 1offense/1dex or 2offense

Light healers, I'd say... go all in on int, then dex (meaning, at lv60 3 int, then do dex for the next three points) or you could go with 2int/1dex at lv60 if you'd like (higher int = higher Magical Damage stat = higher move output, which for a light pet means they're healing better), but, yeah, I'd suggest starting with 2int
Edited By Scathreoite on 12/3/2021 at 9:43 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.