Forum Index > Official Games and Contests > 2021 Black Friday - Space Tales
Page 2 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Squeak
Level 75
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 2
Posted: 11/23/2021 at 2:37 AM Post #11
It had been a terrible solar storm. The first interstellar spaceship of the Zeta Reticulans, the proud SS Banana Bean, had been sent careening off-course. They were badly lost among unfamiliar stars, with no sign of a way back home. The navigator checked the star chart again and again, but could make neither heads nor tails of their position. They were somewhere between the planet Gyrasha and the Andromeda galaxy, that much was clear. But beyond that, there was little indication of which way to head. The ship had hurtled out of their home solar system, but surely they couldn't have managed to traverse the entire length of the galaxy? Surely.

To make matters worse, the ship's hyper-drive had been damaged. They were adrift, the empty void stretching around them in hopeless silence. There was no one out there to answer the distress calls. The nearest thing they could detect on their sensors was a comet impossibly far away, just on the edge of an unknown solar system. If they could only manage to make it to a habitable world, they had a chance. But with the engines out of order, even the life support was having trouble. And that was bad. And not just because they were running out of time. For the Zeta Reticulans were reptilians, and the malfunctioning life support meant the ship was cooling to a degree that made all crewmembers too sluggish to effectively fix anything. The only creatures aboard still alert enough to function were the tiny cats they kept in the cargo hold to combat the occasional infestation of suspiciously rodentine giant space slugs. And pretty soon, the only activity on the ship, if the life support gave out, would be the lonely squeaking of the last remaining slug, following its own trail of space slime in futile circles.

Luckily, there were emergency measures in place, in the event that the ship became too cold for the crew to function. Summoning the last of his wits, the captain bravely made his way to the bridge to activate the robot gnomes. The artificial intelligence they employed had never been tested beyond making sure they could operate the ship in the event it was left with a skeleton crew. But as luck would have it, these robots had the programming necessary to realize how dire the situation was, and act accordingly.

They immediately set about collecting the crew and placing them into suspended animation. They even managed to herd all the cats into cryo pods. The suspiciously rodentine giant space slug, unfortunately, was overlooked. As soon as the crew were safe, the robots diverted power from the ship's weapons systems, powering down the proto blaster so that the engines could keep life support running as long as possible. They had no need of laser beams when the greatest threat was losing power. With the adjustments in place, the ship had the ability to maintain its condition for a few centuries.

And that... is exactly what it did.

It wasn't until many, many centuries later that the Zeta Reticulans discovered their first interstellar spaceship floating adrift between the stars, impossibly far from home. By that time, their civilization had become a galactic empire, spanning countless systems. But they had never forgotten their first ship, or its brave crew. By that time, the robots had long since shut down, having used their own power sources in the end to keep the ship going. To honor them, and celebrate the return of their first stellarnauts, the new flagship was renamed the Banana Gnome. And finally, the lost crew was able to go home.
YureiNeko
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 11/23/2021 at 9:26 AM Post #12
I have a few questions, I don't intend to do all of these but just in case I do I wanted to make sure I was allowed. I also used examples because I'm not the best at explaining things. >.<

Can we change the words to become plural/singular? (tiny cats -> tiny cat, or comet -> comets)
Do we have to use the words in the proper order of their wording? (I had a cat, he was so tiny)
Do the words have to have the exact spelling? (reptilian -> reptites)
And can we substitute some words for synonyms? (star chart -> star map)
Stormdragon21
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 13
Posted: 11/23/2021 at 10:30 AM Post #13
The Zeta Reticulans, from the fifth planet of the Arkov system, wished to create a Galactic Empire that would extend its reaches to all of the known planets. The Reptilians from that same planet knew of their plans, yet whenever they tried to communicate to the Galactic Council they were laughed at. Everyone knew the reptilians were the bad guys, right?

One reptilian, named Andromeda, decided to take the fate of the galaxy into her own hands. Stealing a Reticulant spaceship and a star chart, she plotted a route to the Planet Gyrasha, where the Giant Space Slugs lived. Their Space Slime was strong enough to melt metal, which would help them fight against the Zeta Reticulans.

However, she didn't notice that the spaceship she borrowed was being tracked. The leader of the Zeta Reticulans, Galow, used his spaceship's hyper-drive to catch up to her almost instantly. Laser beams lit up space as Andromeda dodged and weaved through Galow's shots. Galow was so focused on attacking Andromeda that he didn't see the comet that was heading his way. The comet struck his spaceship, cracking the shields and requiring a quick retreat. Success!

Andromeda arrived on Gyrasha, but she wasn't alone. Galow had sent an army of robot gnomes to guard the Space Slugs! The reptilian took out her Proto Blaster and fired at the gnomes, but there were just too many. She wouldn't be defeated just yet, though! She held off the gnomes until the Tiny Cats, the native sentients of the planet, charged in and destroyed them.

The Tiny Cats listened to Andromeda's story, and agreed to help her take down the evil empire. Obtaining the Space Slime was just the beginning, but it wouldn't be the end.
Eternalsilver
Level 75
Wondrous Witch
Threads: 21
Posted: 11/23/2021 at 11:11 AM Post #14
They were once a mighty, galactic empire. To this day, we do not specifically know what caused it's ultimate, sudden end; we do not know where the reptilians that haunted Planet Gyrasha and the rest of the Andromeda galaxy are now - you see, my friend, it is a rather puzzling astonishment, the fact that the planet itself has mysteriously vanished from our star chart. Now, our robot gnomes are malfunctioning - one of them mistook a carrot for an orange, stars help us! - and the proto blaster defending our planet has experienced some...difficulties. We fear whatever infested our sister planet, Planet Gyrasha, will infest ours. Rumors swirl in the air, dancing and prancing and lending itself to whoever stops long enough to listen. Even I could not evade the clutches of one particular rumor

It all started with a single, seemingly insignificant comet. The Zeta Reticulans of Planet Gyrasha were not terribly concerned with it - and why should they be? Comets flew across the galaxy as plentiful as the bothersome giant space slugs that left large trails of space slime wherever they went. Because this comet was falling a little too close for comfort near their planet, these aliens sent out a spaceship, Aquila II, which was installed with the latest technology, and, most important of all, laser beams. The crew was to seek out the comet, perhaps try to divert it off course, and, if necessary, destroy it (this was the preferred option of the aliens, who usually didnt have much of a chance to wreak havoc). Once all was prepared, the captain, Captain Nemo *, slammed the spaceship into hyperdrive. A few moments later, the comet was visible in the distance, a fiery tail of dust trailing behind it.
"Is everyone good? Any damage reports?"
"Nay, Captain," chorused the crew.
"Activate the laser beams, then. Aim well!"
There was an ominous beeping sound.
"Uh, Captain?" A nervous voice squeaked. "We might have a problem here."
"Activating self-destruction. Self-destruct mode in 10.."
"NOW WHAT HALFWIT DID THAT?" The captains voice echoed through the intercom. "TURN IT OFF NOW!"
"9"
"TINY CATS AND SLUGS! Why isn't my control pad working?"
"8"
"I...I dont know, sir." There was furious clicking. "I cant deactivate it!"
"7"
"WHAT DO YOU MEAN, YOU CANT DEACTIVATE IT?"
"The spaceship turned itself on self-destruct mode!"
"6"
"THE SPACESHIP ISNT ALIVE, YOU FOOL!"
"5"
"Nothing is working! I swear, its like the ship grew itself a brain -"
"4"
"THATS NOT POSSIBLE. NOW SHUT IT AND GET TO WORK."
"3"
"Thats what Im trying to do!"
"2"
"Were all going to die!"
"1"
"Self destruction complete."

From Planet Gyrasha, an explosion sounded, and a few seconds later, when everyone was looking up at the sky, the comet slammed into the side of the planet, scattering debris and who-knows-what as far as the eye could see. Shock waves rolled off the side of the comet, burning everything in its path. But that was only the beginning. Reptilian creatures formed from the dust and rock, bodies without a heart, but plenty of mind. Thousands of these creatures swarmed the planet, stomping and growling and throwing whatever they could find - even each others heads. While some's intelligence were a little below average, a selected few could work even the most complicated machines. They say that these reptilians could even make the most intelligent artificial creatures fail completely. Whatever had survived the impact of the comet found themselves in grave danger - and that, some say, is how the mighty empire of Planet Gyrasha fell - into the hands of unforgiving creatures.

*No, not the cartoon fish
Kivoichi
Level 75
Champion
Threads: 51
Posted: 11/23/2021 at 12:30 PM Post #15
On the planet that we had just explored, Planet Gyrasha, there had been an unexpected attack from the Comet Reptilians. Our Spaceship was clogged up after the attack. We had managed to morph into adorable tiny cats, to ensure that while we were trying to find the cure for our spaceship, no one would attack us, specifically the creatures that attacked us before..because we were cats. I ensure that NO creature that I've encountered will ever want to kill a cute, fluffy, furry kitten. Well, kittens, because me and my crew had turn into cats.

Now my friend knew an awesome human, named Zeta Reticulans (also called Andromeda) who knew the way to Galactic Empire which includes a Hyper-drive that, when plugged into a mechanic Star Chart, would send out Robot gnomes.

Those little creatures carry highly-dangerous laser beams which will kill Giant Space Slugs. They will drop Space Slime that will turn into Proto Blasters to provide a cure. But in order to reach the Galatic Empire, we had to light up the 7 Global Lights on a location called "Earth". Andromeda, who was originally an Earth human knew where the Lights were. Asia, Anticart, Meriaca, Friarca, and something something. My memory is not great, I don't know if that is their names or not.

We now crash-landed on your land; Sylestia, in hope of direction to the First Light. Would you guide us there?

---

(265 words, according to Google Docs)
Edited By Lake on 11/23/2021 at 12:34 PM.
Dinnerbone
Level 75
The Artistic
Threads: 40
Posted: 11/23/2021 at 6:44 PM Post #16
"The planet Gyrasha, located in the outer rim of our neighboring Andromeda Galaxy, has long been a source of intrigue in popular culture, as it was from this planet that the famous Zeta Reticulans originated. Also known as 'Grey Aliens' or 'Greys', Zeta Reticulans were once believed to have originated from Zeta Reticuli, but science has since learned better. The common name has nonetheless remained in the collective conscience. Little was known about them until recent years of the Galactic Empire, save for the chance sightings and anecdotal recounts, once dismissed as conspiracy and figments of the imagination."
- Notes on Human Intergalactic Conquest, From the Year 21382

Already now, these notes are out of date. Little did the author know that only a few decades after his widely circulated "history" was published, that Tyz'jrhjk, leader of the Reptilians, would come to us with his epic record of a great battle lost on us.
Once the superior race across the universe tens of millennia ago, long before recorded human history, the Reptilians ruled multiple galaxies with an iron fist, and were the source of such ingenious inventions such as proto blasters. In their extensive travels, delving into the remotest corners of the remotest galaxies, they are also the reason for why star charts today are as detailed as they are.
Gyrasha was just one of the Reptilian Empire's territories. However, located far from the imperial center, this planet began to grow unnoticed in its own strength. They sought to destroy the "evil" (The reptilian leader pauses at this point to emphasize that his empire was in fact benevolent) empire and build their own. Soon enough, the vile Zeta Reticulans had secured a spaceship to a nearby comet, and with the help of their planetary neighbors, the robot gnomes, they successfully learned to pilot the comet.
The robot gnomes, likewise tired of imperial rule, enlist the help of their own friends from afar: the tiny cats of the milky way, native to Gliese 667Cc. Alas, the robot gnomes knew their enemy well. Reptilians hold a deep and innate fear towards anything feline-like, and this fear was to be exploited. The tiny cats in turn sought assistance from the giant space slugs, known for their infamous space slime capable of paralyzing a grown Reptilian with just one drop!
Now with all forces assembled and everything prepared, the convoy set out to wreak havoc.
First, an onslaught of laser beams directed at Gyrasha's capitol forced citizens into their homes and underground.
Then, as the dust settled, some brave souls reappeared in a valiant attempt to fight off the enemy. At the same time, the giant slugs were released, paralyzing almost everyone immediately with their toxic slime. Anyone who escaped was frozen to the stop as they caught the gaze of those evil, evil, tiny cats.
Finally, in the last act, the villains put their spaceship into hyper-drive, and rammed both it and the comet into the imperial center, devastating the planet and its people. They were given no chance to escape nor to fight back.
Since then, the remaining Reptilians have been cursed to wander the universe with nothing to their species' name. It is a shame that nothing of this sort has been recorded before! I cannot begin to imagine their plight, and the sorrow that dripped from the Reptilian leader's voice... truly haunting.

- An excited witness of this meeting, doing his best to formally record the events of the day

Editor's note: Given the nature of how long ago these events are said to have happened, and no evidence of a Zeta Reticulan empire ever being subsequently established, it's best to assume this great battle has, at least in some aspects, been dramatized or exaggerated. Why have the Reptilians failed to build back what they once had? Was the idea of a past great empire and credit for widely used inventions just a delusion? Why was a strike at the imperial capitol enough to destroy the empire in whole? We have no other sources as for where these inventions come from. More research is needed.
Edited By Dinnerbone on 11/23/2021 at 10:13 PM.
Aspenanimations
Level 72
Trickster
Threads: 90
Posted: 11/23/2021 at 8:16 PM Post #17
(oops, sorry didn't mean to ping was getting the list)
Edited By Aspenanimations on 11/23/2021 at 8:17 PM.
Aspenanimations
Level 72
Trickster
Threads: 90
Posted: 11/23/2021 at 8:16 PM Post #18
I always like to take these as a challenge to use as little words to tell as much story as possible

"Zeta Reticulans, at your service." The reptilian bowed to the spaceship of angry robot gnomes, although this meeting outside of Planet Gyrasha was not in good faith, the reptilian's star chart led them to the gnomes, they had reason to believe they had stolen their queen a giant space slug, Queen Andromeda, known for her space slime trails that were the perfect conductor for the laser beams in proto blasters. but what the reptilians didn't know is these gnomes were actually rebels of the Galactic Empire, smuggling a precious cargo of tiny cats and comet shards. Although with a destroyed hyper-drive, this would be a very long night.
Hiraeth
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 187
Posted: 11/23/2021 at 10:25 PM Post #19
If I told my parents I'd be celebrating Thanksgiving with aliens every year, they'd have called me crazy. Yet here I am, transcribing audio tape number 3 from my Zeta Reticulan friends. They landed their spaceship by mistake three years ago in my backyard, and I, like any hospitable human, invited them to dinner. They spent the evening regaling me with tales of their space escapades.

As an author and a budding scientist to boot, I have an insatiable love for the odd and extraordinary. There was no way I'd pass this opportunity up! I invited them to an annual Thanksgiving dinner in return for their stories.

With a shiver of anticipation, I press the play button on the recorder.

---

Captain's Log, Stardate 75362.7.

We entered Andromeda's sister galaxy for the third annual... Thanks-giving Feast! This year's journey through space was a bit more harrowing than the last. Political tensions between the Galactic Empire and Planet Gyrasha's rebels have only heightened.

Author's Note: I'm intrigued that they'll risk their lives for my cooking.

The tiny cats that command the high council have declared the day a galactic holiday. They're cute, fluffy, and their word is law. We would've gotten in huge trouble if it weren't for the coincidental passing of comet XT-195 back when we first landed on... planet Dirt. Er, sorry, planet Earth. Ahem. The comet's energy screwed up our StarChart Nav system and sent us to Earth instead of Jupiter, where we had a very important meeting with the reptilians of Io. Not to mention, our hyper-drive was out at the shop. Of all the stardates to need repairs...

You already know that story. Laserbeams, killer spaceworms, the like. This year, we made a quick stop on Pluto. The high council failed to inform us that there was an infestation of giant space slugs in the southern hemisphere - the entire place was cordoned off. We would've brought you a souvenir, but... I don't think humans would like a tub of space slime.

Author's Note: Speak for yourself, mister.

Anyways, enclosed you'll find a blueprint for what we call a proto-blaster. We're not sure humans have access to the materials required to build one, but you mentioned you liked science and building things. You at least have access to some plutonium and robot gnomes, right?

Author's Note: I'm sorry, what? Robot... gnomes?

Perhaps we'll use this Thanks-giving holiday to heal the tensions between the Empire and Gyrasha. Captain of the Starship Adsief'n and your friend, Tyz'jrhjk.

---

Fascinating stuff, really. Some time, I want to take a ride on their ship, see the stars up close. Maybe with these tales, I can lead Earth into a new age of space travel and alien friends!
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Threads: 316
Posted: 11/24/2021 at 12:08 AM Post #20
They'd come from what we knew as the Andromeda constellation, their spaceship steered to our planet via star chart not out of curiosity, but of fear. For the ones on our planet who search the skies, watching the stars and comets and claiming life outside our world existed, they were right in their thinking, but not in the way they had hoped.

Tyz'jrhjk was the leader of their people. They came from a planet, a planet they called Planet Gyrasha, but we knew as Kepler-452b. Once upon a time, it was a lush land filled with beauty, its people living in happiness. Mountains rose high above deep seas, rolling hills far as the eye could see covering wide stretches of the planet. Waterfalls cascaded down steep slopes, hiding dark, twisting caves. Creatures we of Earth couldn't even imagine found everywhere one looked. It was the image of our ideas of what Paradise might be like.

Tyz'jrhjk and those on his ship had come from a place known as the Galactic Empire. The most technologically advanced, the Empire was a wonderous place filled with vehicles equipped with hyper-drives, robot gnomes taking care of the many gardens, and the most adorable tiny cats roaming the streets. They lived in a utopian world of few worries and cares, a world many dream of on Earth.

That was their downfall.

They'd become careless with what they were blessed to have. Over time, their scientists and technicians stopped doing what they were meant to do and followed their own pleasures in life. The usage of bright laser beams they shone into the atmosphere to search for unwanted visitors- of which there were few of but not unheard of- slowly decreased in frequency, the proto blasters they used to assist in defense left to dust and be covered in vines and weeds. One group of conservationists even turned a number of them into places of safety for the animals of their planet, thinking they would never be used again.

They thought all threats had been eliminated.
They were wrong.

It had been years, decades, perhaps even a century since the last attack. They were unprepared for the giant space slugs and their space slime from the Zeta Reticulans, a place from which it should have been easy to avoid the attack of. Few survived the initial devastation, and those that had remained had run for the long-abandoned Astral Center, leaving the planet as fast as possible. They had watched from above as the slugs tore through the planet and eventually decimated what little remained.

The Galactic Empire, once known for being the most advanced and well-protected off the planet, was barely more then rubble and destroyed buildings. Those in the Empire had been some of the furthest from the place the slugs had seemed to decide was their target.

The survivors had, in grief, proceeded to navigate to Earth, in hopes of preventing a future attack on another planet. For though they could not protect their own, perhaps another would benefit from the lessons learnt in such a horrific way. And though they would not stay- as they wished not to draw attention to those living on Earth, risking them further- they would draw the danger of the vile reptilians away, as far as possible, giving us time. Time to prepare, time to do what we could.

Precious time to prove the old sayings wrong and prevent history from repeating itself.
Edited By Orcastration on 11/24/2021 at 12:13 AM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.