Forum Index > General Discussion > A Desperate Appeal On Rikki Pricing
Page 2 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Goldshinx
Level 75
Premier Sculptor
Threads: 16
Posted: 11/7/2021 at 12:07 AM Post #11
While I understand where you come from, Rikki cata price is purely market forces at play.

More people want rikkis than want any other fabled species. That makes competition for the few that do get sold higher, as a) fewer people are willing to sell them and as such b) people need to make their offer more appealing in comparison to the other people who want the small number on offer.

You make a comparison to Aeris in terms of time since release, but in my experience, Aeris as a species have a more niche appeal than rikkis. Even nephs, who you mentioned as similar in terms of rarity, have an appeal that varies a lot in my experience depending on how nice the theme is. You note Rikkis most closely in popularity to Nixis in terms of their overall style and appeal which I agree with - but where nixis are regulars, relatively easily traded for or rerolled for through excess reg catas, Rikkis don't have these options nearly as easily available to attain them.

Of course it would be good if rikkis were more easily available to everyone. Unfortunately, between the relative rarity/inaccessibility of fabled in the first place for those who can't spend excessive amounts of time on the site, or who cannot spend the money on dias, the RNG involved in a Rikki pull from a fabled/mystery cata, and the popularity of the species, I don't expect to see the market value of rikkis fall, as there will always be more demand than supply for any rikki cata.
Jemadar
Level 74
Grand Protector
Threads: 25
Posted: 11/7/2021 at 4:08 PM Post #12
As someone who likes rikkis, I very much do want them to be cheaper. I often just give up trying to get rikki catas or rikkis during fests/special events, because they are so expensive, and with the catas especially, there is the chance I am going to get traits I dislike, which means either selling the rikki or having to reroll the traits etc...

However, as said, unfortunately, I am not alone in liking rikkis, which is one reason they are so expensive: they are more universally popular, they are harder to obtain than non-fabled pets, and thus players are more willing to pay more for both the catas and the pets.

I honestly don't see the pricing of rikkis, whether pets or catas, changing without either the players changing their habits (as Mika said,sellers being willing to accept less money from selling them, and buyers being less willing to spend large sums of money for them.) OR, Krin changing how often the rikkis can 'drop'.

Basically, it is a case of supply and demand. There is a lot of demand for rikkis, but the supply doesn't match it.
Rashomon
Level 62
Trickster
Threads: 179
Posted: 11/20/2021 at 3:08 PM Post #13
As another Rikki lover, much support, I hate the prices as I can already barely afford a fabled on its own :')

I believe it's due to the species' popularity, though - people generally want Rikkis, and whoever's selling will usually want the highest offer, if that makes sense, which is probably why they're so pricey.

(Imagine the chaos of another maj Rikki, however...)

Edit: Whoops, sorry, didn't mean to ping.
Edited By Sorikkun on 11/20/2021 at 3:09 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.007 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.