Page 1 1, 2, 3 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 10/22/2021 at 3:43 PM Post #1
We are very excited today to finally be releasing the final section of the Lost Grove: The Ancient Temple! In total, there will eventually be 5 Dungeons available for players to explore and face the challenges within. However, only the first Dungeon will be unlocking today. The others will unlock over the next weeks/couple months or so.

In celebration of today's content release, we will be having a Diamond Sale, Double XP Event, and Themed Pet Encounter Bonus! They will last from today through Monday, November 1st.

Double XP Event and Themed Pet Encounter Bonus

Start Time: Friday, October 22nd at 4:00 PM
End Time: Monday, November 1st at 11:59 PM

During this time, there will be a Double XP Event and all Wild Themed within the Lost Grove will have a doubled base rate of being encountered!

For the Themed Encounter Rate Bonus, it is a doubled increase chance on the base rate. This means that this will stack with all other bonuses!

Diamond Sale
https://www.sylestia.com/shops/diamondshop/

Start Time: Friday, October 22nd at 4:00 PM
End Time: Monday, November 1st at 11:59 PM

Stable Purchase: 400 (20% Discount)
Diamonds: Receive 20% Extra Base Per Purchase!

[Exceptional Genetic Test Kit]: 1,000 (33% Discount)
[Exceptional Genetic Scanner]: 1,000 (33% Discount)
[Exceptional Infertility Kit]: 1,000 (33% Discount)
[Masterful Snare Trap]: 300 (40% Discount)

[Philter of Trait Disruption (Themed)]: 200 (33% Discount)
[Philter of Expedient Learning]: 200 (33% Discount)
[Greater Genetic Mutator]: 160 (20% Discount)
[Greater Pet Dye]: 120 (20% Discount)
[Perfume of Themed Attraction (Lost Grove)]: 80 (20% Discount)
[Philter of Infertility]: 80 (20% Discount)
[Magical Pie]: 80 (20% Discount)
[Philter of Gender Swapping]: 80 (20% Discount)
[Prismatic Philter]: 60 (25% Discount)

[Ancient Temple Explorer's Bundle]: 3,900 (Limited Item - Limit 1 Per Player)

The [Ancient Temple Explorer's Bundle] includes lots of various goodies to help players get the most out of their adventures:

[Master Snare Trap] x3
[Perfume of Themed Attraction (Lost Grove)] x10
[Philter of Trait Disruption (Themed)] x5
[Philter of Expedient Learning] x5
[Greater Genetic Mutator] x3
[Greater Ent Flask of Mitigation] x3
[Greater Ent Flask of Strength] x3
[Greater Ent Flask of Intelligence] x3
[Imbued Glowing Crystal] x3
[Exceptional Grove Draught] x5
[Exceptional Grove Elixir] x20

The Ancient Temple

The Ancient Temple will be the most challenging location within the Lost Grove. However, with increased challenge comes increased rewards! The Ancient Temple will yield players with all sorts of valuable rewards should they dare face the challenges within.

The Ancient Temple is home to Du'vhal's Chosen, led by Vexxar the Vile and his cohorts. Players will find many tough battles within as they work their way from the lowest dungeon to the lair of Vexxar himself.

A New Way to Explore

The Ancient Temple will offer players a brand new way to explore. Instead of a static map where players walk in infinite circles waiting for things to respawn, they will instead be entered into a procedurally generated dungeon, meaning every time you enter a dungeon it will be randomly generated. The layout will be different, enemies encountered will be random, loot locations will be random, and even certain Named you encounter will be random. (Please note, at this time, we don't have a massive list of random events available. The vast majority of development time so far has been on all of the core mechanics of the feature. We plan on adding much more over time to make exploring more dynamic, fun, and interesting)

Once a week, players will have the option of resetting their Ancient Temple progression. This will reset all of the dungeons that they have progressed on allowing them to re-enter and search for new rewards! Each time a player's dungeons are reset, they will be randomly generated upon re-entering.

Additionally, once a player has cleared the initial dungeon that week and defeated its boss, they can enable and endless exploration option via an "Orb of Perpetual Adventure". This orb will appear in the boss' room once it is defeated. Players can enable/disable the orb at any time by interacting with it. Once enabled, players can endlessly explore the dungeon for additional encounters and treasure nodes. As the name implies, this is endless - players can do this for as long as they wish. If they want to return the dungeon back to its normal state, they can just simply revisit the orb and disable it.

While the initial clear of a dungeon will yield its best rewards, the endless exploration option gives players the chance to earn more rewards, experience, encounter Themed Pets, etc.

Click on for a Larger Image

New Themed Pets

The Ancient Temple will be host to new Themed Pets! However, unlike previous areas, ALL species can be found within the Ancient Temple - yes, even Fabled! There are two ways to encounter Themed Pets within the Ancient Temple - a traditional battle or through an Abandoned Nest. When battling, Themed Pets can appear in any random generated battle as they typical can within the Lost Grove. However, the Ancient Temple receives a 20% bonus base encounter rate for Themed Pets relative to the rest of the Lost Grove.

Fabled species can be randomly encountered in battles within the Ancient Temple. However, there will be no way to boost their chances via the Tracker's Hut. They are just a static, very low chance of appearing.

Regarding Abandoned Nests within the Ancient Temple, all pets received from them will be Themed Pets! Additionally, Abandoned Nests will have a static chance of producing a Fabled species and all Fabled species from these nests will have a guaranteed Lost Grove Restricted Wild Trait! These pets found will also have double the Wild Stats as their counterparts in the rest of the Lost Grove.

All in all, finding Themed Pets within the Ancient Temple should be a very rewarding experience!

Ancient Artifact Aeridini

Bejeweled Arcanist Aurleon

Ancient Mosaic Bulbori

Veiled Mystic Draeyl

Enchanted Ember Faelora

Scrying Crystal Ferrikki

Arcanic Protector Griffi

Primordial Waters Kelpari

Sacred Spellbook Lighira

Timeworn Talisman Luffox

Flickering Umbra Lunemara

Cosmic Mysteries Lupora

Molten Depths Morkko

Spirit Jewel Nephini

Primeval Curse Ny'vene

Burning Incense Nytekrie

Spellbound Puffadore

Ember Guardian Qitari

Primordial Essence Ryori

Infernal Salamander Sylvorpa

Forgotten Heretic Vulnyx

Bewitched Gem Zolnixi

New Barracks Upgrades

With the addition of the Ancient Temple, players can now collect the new materials required for upgrading their Barracks Buildings. Be sure to check out all of the available upgrades, as some are very awesome and will surely help you on your endeavors within the Lost Grove.

New Pet Equipment

That's not all! Players will now have access to a brand new tier of Pet Equipment: Primordial! This tier is a big step up from Stoneweave equipment and should be a must-have for any avid explorer. You will surely want to equip your pets in the best Primordial equipment you can as you delve deeper and deeper into the Ancient Temple!

Click on for a Larger Image

What's Still To Come?

As noted, we are only releasing the first Dungeon with today's update. The vast majority of coding time so far has been to set up all of the initial core mechanics of this brand new exploration system. However, now that these systems are set up, we can easily add in new enemies, named, bosses, treasure nodes, events, etc. And the latter is basically all that is needed to fill out the remaining dungeons.

I hope to have the second Dungeon released sometime middle of November with the third and fourth Dungeons hopefully releasing sometime before the end of the year. The final Dungeon and any other final Lost Grove updates will be released shortly into 2022.

We also will be adding more unique rewards to the Ancient Temple, such as Avatar Items, Titles, new Themed Pets, and who knows what else. So players will definitely want to invest into their teams to be ready to face whatever lies ahead!
Edited By Krinadon on 10/23/2021 at 5:55 PM.
Lanfear
Level 75
Spooky Shopper
Threads: 329
Posted: 10/22/2021 at 4:00 PM Post #2
Does the crystal boss have to be defeated in order to access this?

This is awesome btw. I just hope it isn't content locked. It's been on my mind. Thank you for all your hard work!
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 10/22/2021 at 4:04 PM Post #3
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=100271&page=1#2
Author: Lanfear
Time Posted: 10/22/2021 at 4:00 PM
Does the crystal boss have to be defeated in order to access this?

This is awesome btw. I just hope it isn't content locked. It's been on my mind. Thank you for all your hard work!

Defeating the Crystalline Behemoth and reaching Stage 13 is required, yes.

I know a few players have been struggling with it though, so I plan on adding in a mercy system for players stuck on Stage 12 where basically after every x period of days, it gets easier. I will do my best to implement this mercy system later today.
Lanfear
Level 75
Spooky Shopper
Threads: 329
Posted: 10/22/2021 at 4:09 PM Post #4
Ok .cause I haven't had much time either to really get it down. I've come close. This is good to know I don't want to miss out on cool things
Teefa85
Level 75
Crystalline Cleaver
Threads: 11
Posted: 10/22/2021 at 4:25 PM Post #5
Time to do some exploring! Hopefully my luck with getting Codecs will be better than my luck with Tomes of Knowledge so I can kit the team out perfectly.
Xavion
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 434
Posted: 10/22/2021 at 4:30 PM Post #6
Entered Dungeon again after first time clearing it, annnnnd white explore screen.

Only option is exiting zone.

EditL

... exit zone does nothing D:

Edit again:

Refreshed page. I am now back in the room with all the doors
Edited By Xavion on 10/22/2021 at 4:39 PM.
Skor
Level 75
Luck of the Draw
Threads: 53
Posted: 10/22/2021 at 4:53 PM Post #7
Can the chance of finding abandoned nests be increased by releasing 42+ day old pets like the other sections? Or is it just a static number
Xavion
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 434
Posted: 10/22/2021 at 4:58 PM Post #8
Killed everything a second go around...

I see no orb of "you can keep running around in dungeon" anywhere on the map D:
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 10/22/2021 at 5:15 PM Post #9
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=100271&page=1#6
Author: Xavion
Time Posted: 10/22/2021 at 4:30 PM
Entered Dungeon again after first time clearing it, annnnnd white explore screen.

Only option is exiting zone.

EditL

... exit zone does nothing D:

Edit again:

Refreshed page. I am now back in the room with all the doors

This issue should now be fixed.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 10/22/2021 at 5:17 PM Post #10
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=100271&page=1#7
Author: Skor
Time Posted: 10/22/2021 at 4:53 PM
Can the chance of finding abandoned nests be increased by releasing 42+ day old pets like the other sections? Or is it just a static number

The Abandoned Nests within the Ancient Temple run on entirely different mechanics and do not get boosted by the release bonus. However, the nests found within the temple are much, much more rewarding than the ones found outside.

I may do something down the road, but it's kind of tricky mechanically if I were to intertwine the two systems.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.