Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 9/27/2021 at 11:02 PM Post #11
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=100034&page=1#9
Author: Slytherin7
Time Posted: 9/27/2021 at 1:41 PM
Might have to block?

I could see this being a problem too, I always use a fire cannon (I like the extra damage), and as a Rank 4, my fire is always too eager to kill when capturing fest zone pets as it is.

-----------

Anyway, once we kill the Level 12 boss, are all the enemies going to have a level jump again like with Behemoth? Because even with the level cap increase, I still have some regrets over killing Behemoth because it takes so much longer to kill things, and I'm at Level 10 and have Rank 4 pets.

I do not plan to raise the difficulty of the Untamed Forest nor the Forgotten Caverns; at least not at first. Depending on how easy things are once players are sitting comfortable at Level 75, I may tweak some things then just so it's not trivial. But even then, it will not be scaled up as much as it was from beating the Grove Behemoth.

The goal is to get players to focus their efforts on the Ancient Temple and not still be bogged down by the other areas.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 10/9/2021 at 9:48 AM Post #12
Hey all!

Just wanted to make a quick announcement regarding today's long awaited content release! Firstly, at 2 PM today, the Lost Grove will advance to Stage 12! Only players who have completed through Stage 11 will be moved onto Stage 12. Other players must continue advancing through the Stages until they ultimately reach Stage 12, at which point they can join the rest of the playerbase.

Information Regarding Stage 12

Regarding the actual mechanics of this advancement, well, it's going to be kind of clunky lol. For those who were here back when Stage 5 came out against the Grove Behemoth, it was kind of a disaster. =P A lot of things didn't function as intended and there were quite a few issues. This time around, I have attempted to take as many precautions as I can to ensure everything functions correctly to the best of my ability. However, there are just some core mechanical things that make this extremely complicated. Therefore, I'm going to have to kind of jerry-rig the process lol. This means that right at 2 PM, there will probably be a period of like 10-15 minutes before I can "unlock" access to the next boss. I need to let the auto scripts do their thing and then manually change things on my end so that everything ultimately functions as I am intending. TLDR: You won't be able to race straight to the boss right at 2 PM today. It will take me 10-15 minutes or so to get everything calibrated correctly. At which point, access to the boss will be granted. Expect the zone to be restarted multiple times during this period of time.

Information Regarding The Ancient Temple

Now, in regards to the Ancient Temple, it unfortunately is not 100% quite ready for release. Once a player successfully defeats Stage 12, they will automatically move onto the final stage, Stage 13. Stage 13 is where players will be able to endlessly explore the Ancient Temple on their own time. Many more details will come shortly.

But, for now, the entrance to the temple will be blocked. I just didn't quite get everything situated and polished in time.

In the meantime though, beginning today right at 2 PM, the Level Cap will be increased for all pets to 75! This means that players can progress their pets to the final Level Cap, unlock the last Ability, unlock the last Proficiency Point, and rank all of their Pets' Abilities to the final Expertise Rank. All of which will help you tremendously in both defeating Stage 12 and ultimately the Ancient Temple.

Other Important Notes

-Even after a player advances to Stage 13, The Untamed Forest and The Forgotten Caverns will remain as is. They will NOT increase in difficulty. This may change down the road, but for now, it will be this way.

-Salvaged Equipment has been adjusted with how much Enchanted Powder it awards. Vinethorn now awards 10 (up from 2) and Stoneweave awards 50 (up from 5).

-Stoneweave now costs 20 (up from 10) Enchanted Powder to craft.

-Stoneweave now costs (4/6/8/12/20) Enchanted Powder to Reforge per rank.

-The Ancient Temple will allow players access to an entirely new tier of Pet Equipment, materials to increase the ranks of Barracks Buildings from 3 to 5, new Themed Pets (of all species), prominent access to Lost Grove Restricted Traits (of all species), new Titles, new Avatar Items, and more! We can't wait to get it wrapped up and released!

As always, please let me know if you have any questions or comments. Thank you!
Lanfear
Level 75
Spooky Shopper
Threads: 329
Posted: 10/9/2021 at 9:52 AM Post #13
Any diamond sale/double exp+skill boost? Sadly, I will be working all day today and wont be able to partake in the opening, but, I look forward to the dungeon more than I do the , what is it again? Another grove behemoth? :P I wish yall the best of luck taking it down, and hope to glean tidbits every now and then.
Captharleyc
Level 75
Champion
Threads: 5
Posted: 10/9/2021 at 9:53 AM Post #14
Thanks for the updates and hard work.
Jemadar
Level 74
Grand Protector
Threads: 25
Posted: 10/9/2021 at 10:24 AM Post #15
I somehow completely forgot about the level cap increase :P That will hopefully help me keep my attention on grinding :D
Marichoness
Level 75
The Fortuitous
Threads: 54
Posted: 10/9/2021 at 10:35 AM Post #16
Super excited! Thanks Krin!
Xavion
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 434
Posted: 10/9/2021 at 12:00 PM Post #17
Will the new gear take Enigmatic Gems to upgrade or something else?

Have a handful now but I don't want to blow them on the Stoneweave gear now if the gems will be needed for better gear later.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 10/9/2021 at 12:02 PM Post #18
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=100034&page=2#17
Author: Xavion
Time Posted: 10/9/2021 at 12:00 PM
Will the new gear take Enigmatic Gems to upgrade or something else?

Have a handful now but I don't want to blow them on the Stoneweave gear now if the gems will be needed for better gear later.

They will require a new Enigmatic item that is obtainable from the Ancient Temple.

With how materials currently are, I do plan on implementing some sort of simple material converter feature for players. I know I've been saying that forever lol, but I do think it's very warranted - especially once players move into the Ancient Temple.
Xavion
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 434
Posted: 10/9/2021 at 12:13 PM Post #19
Will we get a peek at the new themed pets ahead of time or will they have to be individually discovered over time?

Will the previously non-grove species just be found in the temple and caught in the wild?

And will we have tracking items for those species since there was previously no need for it?
Edited By Xavion on 10/9/2021 at 12:13 PM.
Teefa85
Level 75
Crystalline Cleaver
Threads: 11
Posted: 10/9/2021 at 2:01 PM Post #20
Time to grind the core team then! So excited!
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.