Author Thread Post
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 9/26/2021 at 4:15 PM Post #1
Read the 10/9 Update Here

The time has finally come! The Lost Grove has unlocked up to the final stage, Stage 13. For players who were already completed with Stage 10, you have now automatically moved onto Stage 11. Please note, Stage 11 is a prep stage - it will automatically unlock on Saturday, October 9th, at 2 PM.

Stage 12 is another big battle stage where players will be required to defeat a challenging opponent to move onto the next stage. Once the first player defeats the Mega-Boss, the Level Cap for all players will increase from 70 to 75. This will then allow all players to work towards the last Ability, the last Proficiency Point, and the last rank of Ability Expertise. For players who struggle to defeat the Mega-Boss, these additional ways to progress their pets should help them significantly in overcoming the challenge.

Stage 13 will allow players access to the final section of the Lost Grove, the Ancient Temple. The Ancient Temple will give players access to a set of procedurally generated dungeons, each with increased challenges but increased rewards. Players will be able to fully upgrade their Barracks Buildings to Rank 5, craft an entirely new tier of Pet Equipment, collect new Themed Pets, and more! The Ancient Temple promises to offer the game's most challenging content to date.

With these updates, the following changes have been made:

-Training Grounds were completely overhauled as previously announced.

-Many Pet Statistics calculations were tweaked behind the scenes; mostly for Level 71+ battling. However, this will have some effects on current battling. Essentially, calculations were changed to make it more difficult to reach high percentages for modifiers (Mitigation, Critical Hit Chance, Accuracy, and Avoidance). The reasoning for this was to make the game more balanced for Level 71+. These changes allow us to offer more interesting Level 75 Abilities (read below), more interesting enemy mechanics, and more interesting ways to improve your Pets' battling prowess. TLDR: It was too easy to max out modifiers which completely trivialized content and made all the cool Level 75 things nearly pointless.

-A few Lvl 30, 60, and 70 Abilities were tweaked (just number wise; no mechanics were altered) to make them more balanced for Level 71+ content.

-All Level 75 Abilities were completely revamped. The goals of doing this were to make the abilities easier to use (massive Mana cost removed), make these abilities more fun to use (added new and interesting mechanics), and to make these abilities feel more rewarding when used. While I do not have screenshots of their previous versions, I can paste their revamped versions below:

Click for Full Size Image

There will probably be another announcement in about 2 weeks before Stage 12 releases. Until then, time is running out to make those final preparations for the next Mega-Boss!
Edited By Krinadon on 10/9/2021 at 9:50 AM.
Jemadar
Level 74
Grand Protector
Threads: 25
Posted: 9/26/2021 at 4:26 PM Post #2
Interesting.

Still need to read the abilities section, but sounds fun
Unstaeble
Level 75
Stoneheart Savior
Threads: 138
Posted: 9/26/2021 at 5:11 PM Post #3
Thanks so much Krin! I look forward to experiencing all the new mechanics and content you have planned and prepared for us ^^
Captharleyc
Level 75
Champion
Threads: 5
Posted: 9/26/2021 at 6:25 PM Post #4
Time to take turns with wifey.
Teefa85
Level 75
Crystalline Cleaver
Threads: 11
Posted: 9/26/2021 at 6:26 PM Post #5
Oooh! Those new abilities look boss! I'll definitely work hard towards unlocking them once the 9th comes.
CeruleanCrow
Level 75
High Warlord
Threads: 86
Posted: 9/26/2021 at 10:01 PM Post #6
Looking forward to the new update and strategies that arise from it!
TailsFox12
Level 75
The Tactician
Threads: 82
Posted: 9/27/2021 at 2:32 AM Post #7
I have a question regarding Wrath of Malgorus. It says that every turn, Malgorus' Familiar deals damage to the closest enemy as long as it's active (which it will a lot of the time as it's the passive bonus which is always active). Does this mean that there's no way to stop attacking the enemy? (...Unless you use Wrath of Malgorus which consumes the familiar but you probably don't want to do that if you're trying to stop attacking.)

I see this as a problem in situations where you're trying to catch a pet. It would be nice to have more control over this because as things stand, I would rather not use a fire pet at all or at least avoid unlocking the new ability to avoid this "uncontrollable damage". Seems a bit counterproductive, given that these new abilities are supposed to be a welcome addition.
LonelyRyu
Level 72
Knight
Threads: 74
Posted: 9/27/2021 at 11:53 AM Post #8
Heh...I'm still at Stage 7 because for one: we are still stuck at a capped level of 70 and trying to get all the supplies needed for even one of the areas of the Lost Grove Barracks is a pain.

So..I will be stuck in that for a while but it is nice to know things overall are going well.
Slytherin7
Level 75
Crystalline Cleaver
Threads: 71
Posted: 9/27/2021 at 1:41 PM Post #9
Might have to block?

I could see this being a problem too, I always use a fire cannon (I like the extra damage), and as a Rank 4, my fire is always too eager to kill when capturing fest zone pets as it is.

-----------

Anyway, once we kill the Level 12 boss, are all the enemies going to have a level jump again like with Behemoth? Because even with the level cap increase, I still have some regrets over killing Behemoth because it takes so much longer to kill things, and I'm at Level 10 and have Rank 4 pets.
Edited By Slytherin7 on 9/27/2021 at 1:44 PM.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 9/27/2021 at 11:01 PM Post #10
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=100034&page=1#7
Author: TailsFox12
Time Posted: 9/27/2021 at 2:32 AM
I have a question regarding Wrath of Malgorus. It says that every turn, Malgorus' Familiar deals damage to the closest enemy as long as it's active (which it will a lot of the time as it's the passive bonus which is always active). Does this mean that there's no way to stop attacking the enemy? (...Unless you use Wrath of Malgorus which consumes the familiar but you probably don't want to do that if you're trying to stop attacking.)

I see this as a problem in situations where you're trying to catch a pet. It would be nice to have more control over this because as things stand, I would rather not use a fire pet at all or at least avoid unlocking the new ability to avoid this "uncontrollable damage". Seems a bit counterproductive, given that these new abilities are supposed to be a welcome addition.

Thank you for the feedback.

I have changed how the ability works a bit. Instead of always choosing the closest target, it will now mimic the Pet's target. If the Pet does not have a target, it will not attack for that turn.

This should give players sufficient control over the familiar.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.